News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153837 times)

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2011, 09:23:35 PM »
Just wanted to drop a note to my faithful friends in the WAAAGH that I won't be around much for a while -- enlisting in the navy.  Not shipping to boot for a little while yet, but I'm fairly busy trying to get myself in good enough shape that boot won't totally kick my butt, and once in boot, we'll, I'll be in boot.  :D  Anywho, carry on with running massive hordes of the greenies over everyone in your/our way.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
Good Luck in the navy...  My brother was in the Navy (and is still in the reserves) and he loved it...  He was stationed on a destroyer and they went all over the place...  I got to spend three days aboard his ship crusing to New York and it was a lot of fun...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »
The Navy is a "different" life. I too was in the Navy before I joined the Coast Guard. With my 4 years in the Navy and my 22 years in the Coast Guard, I saw a lot of places and did a lot of things that a civilian will never do.

One thing; always remember that you volunteered, and that service to your country can sometimes be a real inconvenience.

Serve with honor, I am proud to know you.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Orks4Life

• SERIAL POSTER: Ummm, what modify button?
  • Armageddon will fall!
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
WOW. O.O
'Ount me in Ladz!
All I do is pwn. WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2011, 11:41:54 PM »
SoS Grant and Orks4Life you are both in and have been added to our list.  You should be receiving your titles shortly.  Welcome aboard.

Az congrats on the Navy.  I have several friends that serve as well as the majority of my family that did.  They really like it.  My old Boss (irl) was in the Navy and was on a sub and he really liked it.  I hope where ever you do get stationed that it is to your liking.  Make sure to drop in a tell us how everything is going and after you get situated do some krumpin in the name of the WotW. 

Boot camp reguardless of where it is, is always fun.  After bootcamp and you get stationed hopefully you will be able to keep playing and will be able to get active again. 

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2011, 12:18:39 AM »
Yeah, dad was navy, granddad was navy.  Seems like everyone else I know, including my step dad, several uncles, and pretty much my entire local gaming group went army though, and are razzing me a bit over going navy instead.  ;)

I was very happy, then very disappointed to learn that the navy allows you to do a 500 yard swim to pass your physical quals instead of a run (I was a competitive swimmer throughout high school and my 500 yard times are faster then the max possible rating level.  By a good 25%.  *grin*)... but not in boot camp, where it has to be a 1.5 mile run time.  And my run times are well short of the minimum level to pass quals.  So *sigh* gotta keep training.  I hate running, I'm no good at running, it should only be done if you are being chased and just means you die tired.  But ya gotta what the chief is gonna make you do I guess.

I hope to keep gaming once I'm out of boot and posted somewhere.  Seems like 9 out of 10 gamers I meet are former military, so logically there should be some others around to play with.  I'm already planning to use a bit of my enlistment bonus to pick up a grey knights army, and (of course) some more orks...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:21:49 AM by Azonalanthious »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2011, 08:02:16 AM »
WOW. O.O
'Ount me in Ladz!

Congrats and welcome to the best ork forum on the net. You will see your name in the bank account next Monday when I do the update.

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here at
THIS LINK
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SoS Grant

• Ork Yoof
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
Having been in the military for a while I think I have some helpful advice. You need to remember the reason that you joined. Times will get tough and you will want to quit but if you remember why you are there you will keep going. Deployments are long and boring but you'll make it through. When you join you will realize that you won't have time for all the things you used to (like krumping some 'umiez) but that's part of the life. Stay motivated and you will pick up rank quickly. If there is one thing you need to remember before going in it is that common sense and self preservation will save the day. Have fun and good luck.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
The Bank Account is updated as of today. You can see it Here As always, if I missed anyone just send me a PM or post your teef earning activity here.

Some good activity this week and we are now up to 55 members, Good Stuff.

On a side note; my wife is forcing me to take a vacation, I do not know if I will be able to update the bank account next Monday (the 23rd) as I will be away from my home computer, and I am not sure if they have invented floating WiFi yet. (floating, as in out on the ocean floating)  ???

That is if she who must be obeyed even allows me to bring my laptop or not, so I may never know (about floating WiFi that is). We leave this week (Friday) and return on the 29th, I am not sure I will be able to do an accurate update on the 30th, so it may be a day later while I  catch everything up.

Offline Minsc

• Ork Boy
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2011, 04:07:37 PM »
Waaaagh! my green brothers.
I finally got around to start with Orks, and I got a tip to join this eminent...tribe.

// Minsc.
Plastic Modell + Acetone = Ugly Conversion

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
Welcome, Minsc, don't forget to post in the faces sticky and read through the boot camp thread. Skeet should post links to them for you, I don't have Internet at home at the moment and have to do it all from my phone and it's a pain

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
Minsc, Welcome to the Green Side, you will see your name in the bank account next update.

On the first page of this thread is the FAQ, make sure to check it out.

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to the Boot Kamp here at
THIS LINK

While your here, make sure to post a list of what you have in the faces of the waagh thread, so we can see what kind of orks you have.

I am sure Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly to smack a welcome on you as well. So, get out there and krump something...

Offline Boss Thudfoot

• Ork Yoof
  • Release the Gargants!
    • Airborne Ham
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »
Da Orks is best. Those 'oomies ain't know what hit 'em. I completed my looted wagon and want to post pictures soon. I assembled it in a night, but I finally got around to painting it. I'll get pics up tonight.
"Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!"

-Commonly held Ork view of warfare

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2011, 10:33:27 PM »
I posted another Bat Rep...  Finally got into a fight with the GK's...  Check it out!

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=214260.0

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
Welcome to the Green Side Boss Thudfoot, your name is in the bank account and you will see it next update.

Now if you haven't already you need to go to the first page of this thread and check out the FAQ, it will save you a lot of silly questions.

Next, off to the boot kamp Now, at THIS LINK

Then when you get a chance, post your army in the Faces of the Waagh thread.

Welcome aboard, I am sure Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly to also add you into the roster.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2011, 05:01:32 PM »
Minsc and Boss Thudfoot welcome aboard.   Sorry I have been a little slow as of recently due to having a lot of stuff come up. 

I wanted to put this out there and get ideas for events that everyone would like to see over the summer.  I know we are all still probably in work mode but this summer should open up some interesting events based on activites that the Council has discussed. 

My personal thought is that Ard boyz is approaching relatively fast so maybe we will be seeing some lists.  My personal goal is to have most of my ard boyz list painted by the time of the first round of events.  It looked to be a heavy task at the begining of the year but now I have only a few squads left to paint.  (all my add on's have been bought and built)

I know we will be looking forward to a few articles which are in their final stages toward publication.  So I look for this summer to be fairly busy over all. 

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2011, 01:37:01 AM »
I suppose I should probably get around to signing up.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »
hehe I like your style, AXEBLADE, welcome aboard

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »
I posted a battle report using my experimental Deff Wing rulz...  Check it out!

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=214338.0

Adam

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2011, 12:26:50 AM »
I suppose I should probably get around to signing up.

I guess that alarm clock finally went off.  Or maybe it was the Boss calling you and wondering why you weren't at work...   ::)

Either way welcome aboard... not that you already haven't been around the board for awhile now great to have it be official.