News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 175420 times)

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #100 on: April 3, 2011, 10:41:19 PM »
AoD:  Thanks, its good to be home.  Actually, I've moved to a new duty assignment.  If I hadn't, I'd be back overseas for tour number four!   :o

I got my feet wet with the greenskins while I was deployed, but I figured since I'm making a comeback on 40KO I could spend a little time re-investing myself all around, instead of spending all my time on Eldar.  ;)
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #101 on: April 3, 2011, 10:56:04 PM »
AoD:  Thanks, its good to be home.  Actually, I've moved to a new duty assignment.  If I hadn't, I'd be back overseas for tour number four!   :o

I got my feet wet with the greenskins while I was deployed, but I figured since I'm making a comeback on 40KO I could spend a little time re-investing myself all around, instead of spending all my time on Eldar.  ;)

Welcome back.  Ah yes I have seen the battlereports from over at the sandbox.  Makeshift scenery is always fun.  So found a rekindled love for the greenskins have you?  I have been spending a lot of time over the past year getting my ork army up to par.  I had a lot of unpainted/ unassembled grey plastic at teh end of last year that was calling out to me.  Glad I turned green though as orks really sparks my interest in the hobby from all fronts. 

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #102 on: April 3, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »
Orks are the way to go for me as well, and I seem to be making a bigger impact in this board, much more so than the csm. Besides, orkzes are more funs!
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #103 on: April 4, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »
The bank account is updated, it now takes two pages to include all the data, the Waagh is growing.

Some good activity this week, I won the squig contest (sorry had to brag), and we are now at 49 members.

As always, if I missed anybodys toof earning work, just send me the link to your stuff and I will see that you get your teef credited to your account tootie sweetie (thats french, for right quick).
« Last Edit: April 4, 2011, 09:18:21 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

« Reply #104 on: April 4, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »
How do we view our "Bank Accounts"  ???

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #105 on: April 4, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »
How do we view our "Bank Accounts"  ???

go to the first page of this thread and scroll down till you see the multi-lined box and click on it your name should be in there somewhere

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
« Reply #106 on: April 5, 2011, 01:15:07 AM »
I won the squig contest (sorry had to brag).

As the only entrant, sorry gotta keep you cut down to size.  ;)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #107 on: April 5, 2011, 08:56:28 AM »
I won the squig contest (sorry had to brag).

As the only entrant, sorry gotta keep you cut down to size.  ;)

Thats OK, I still get to brag about winning a modeling competition.  ::)  I am tempted to get one of those little glass cases to display my winning squig in. Maybe even get an engraved plate with the date and name of the squig on it. ("Belial Squig; March 2011, First Place") :o

Of course, she who must be obeyed won't let me keep it in her display cupboard with her bells (she collects fancy bells, with fancy handles), but I might sneak it in there anyway.   ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #108 on: April 5, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »

Of course, she who must be obeyed won't let me keep it in her display cupboard with her bells (she collects fancy bells, with fancy handles), but I might sneak it in there anyway.   ;D

I could imagine that right now:
She who must be obeyed: *loud scream* hun there is a squig in my cupboard.

Skeetergod: Don't worry dear I will call the exterminator. 

Still congrats on winning. 

« Reply #109 on: April 5, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
Was this contest a modeling competition, or a "Who used Old Zogwort to Squig the best target (Belial Squig)?" ???

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Offline Azonalanthious

« Reply #110 on: April 5, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »
Was this contest a modeling competition, or a "Who used Old Zogwort to Squig the best target (Belial Squig)?" ???

Modeling competition.  There was a bonus award I offered out of my own teef reserve if anyone used zogwort to turn a squig into a squig, but no one tried that.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #111 on: April 6, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »

There was a thread about playing a squig based game HERE and in my batrep Zog turned Belial into a squig so I made a model of a squig and named it Belial Squig. You can find the batrep Here

And here is the picture of Belial Squig

« Last Edit: April 6, 2011, 10:04:22 AM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #112 on: April 6, 2011, 09:03:09 AM »
Speaking of zogwart, a friend of mine modeled a "squig" made by zogwart as a pile of poop......a bit of a funny concept, I think.
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #113 on: April 7, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »
I was wondering, just mostly a curiosity really, but why isn't thread a sticky? Seems to be the goto thread for us for a great many many things upto and including tactica and guides not to mention the bank account... as I said just wondering because sometimes I wanna check something like paint guide or bank account and I have to look for it

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Azonalanthious

« Reply #114 on: April 7, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »
My personal experience is the surest way to get something ignored by someone new to a forum (not this forum specifically, just forums in general) is to sticky it.  :/  Not saying it should work that way, just that it seems to in practice.  Which makes stickying this thread a bit of a balance act -- non-sticked we are more likely to get new members, stickied would be handier for those who know where it is.  Since I don't believe I've ever seem it fall off the first page or even down more then a dozen posts or so, I think its generally pretty easy to find and so worth keeping unstickied, but that is just my opinion.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #115 on: April 7, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »
Ah, well put that way it makes perfect sense. As I've I stated before this is my first online forum community I've joined, my local club just started one on the first of this month before it was just a bunch of word of mouth and setting up games on the weekends, very chaotic. I do like it here though as I get a plethora of information and activities to play with to keep me interested in the game and most importantly the modeling 

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #116 on: April 8, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
Going to have to say I agree with Azonalanthious.  Stickies in most places do get totally ignored.  This is relatively where people bring up topics not to mention we get new members or have events where members get teef so Skeetergod does an update.  All of the activity keeps this post on the front page and honestly that is a good thing because we have such active members.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
Ok, I got pics of how I do bad moons, just need to know how do I add to your painting guide Angel or should I do a separate one and somehow link them?

Also where would I post a final army shot so all my ork friends (bosses included) can see? Do I post it in the painting forum and do a link here?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:36:50 PM by Rayvn70 »

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »
Rayvn 70...  My painting guide is a published article.  The best way I would recommend is to do a part II:  Bad Moons Theme and then you could put the link to my article to start off if you wanted.  Then say in step 10 or wherever you could put after step X then to achieve a Bad Moons color theme you can do (a) (b) (c) or whatever you want to use.

To link yours to mine you could just comment on mine and post the link.  Might be able to get in touch with someone who could edit mine I will have to look into it as it was my first article I have done. 

Final army shots I would recommend posting in the Faces of Waaagh thread.  Then you could post a comment here with the link after you get them loaded up. 

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2011, 12:50:38 AM »
I don't want to step on any toes especially a boss' as I have different way of the skin, yours is awesome don't get me wrong, I have a 2 step way of doing a good skin to help with speed painting a buttload of boys. I shall do a how to as part 2 as you suggested with links to yours on the metal and blacks.

I would love to do each clan(in my style)it could be added onto your base of Goffs, I'm a speed painter so it should at least be fun