News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Stacking FA  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
Stacking FA
« on: June 22, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Now in my lists Fast attack is a hotly contested for space.
Always in the lists is the obligatory pathfinder squad and a sunshark bomber (mine constantly performs well despite what people think two skyfire marker lights make any secondary unit great at antiflyer)
This leaves my last spot being fought over by more pathfinders drones (which i love and in all honesty are some of our best anti flyer units) piranha's and maybe vespid ok maybe not lol.

Then i had a thought my 8 man drone squad runs at 106 pts and i really do love it. then i thought about piranha's or more importantly 4 piranha's with fusion blasters running at 200 points and given that if they all drop their drones at the same time they form a 8 man drone squad which means for 94 points i have a very resilient anti tank unit. Yes it can still be fragile in the first turn but if it turbos down the table on first turn and drops the drones where they need to be and then can easiliy get within 9" to make the most of their blaster rule.

thus getting me two choices out of the last force org spot
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
Re: Stacking FA
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »
My Barracuda has never done me wrong, do you not have one?
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »
The free gun drones are the biggest reason to take Piranha, honestly. I see them as fast, open-topped drone transports that just happen to have fusion blasters. If the enemy shoots them down, they are wasting bullets on drones. If they don't shoot them, they are getting melted turn 2.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 02:05:14 PM »
i have barracudas and tigershark but in general i view FW products as for fun only and dont feature in my routine lists number one because its not codex legal and hence not at any gw tournaments and these days a fair few non gw tournaments
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »
Then i had a thought my 8 man drone squad runs at 106 pts and i really do love it. then i thought about piranha's or more importantly 4 piranha's with fusion blasters running at 200 points and given that if they all drop their drones at the same time they form a 8 man drone squad which means for 94 points i have a very resilient anti tank unit.
I have never run piranhas, but I think you just talked me into it.  94 pts for 4 fast moving fusion blasters? Yes please.