News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hello from Michigan  (Read 1405 times)

Offline IG Commander

• Newest
  • March or Die
Hello from Michigan
« on: September 17, 2011, 07:38:06 AM »
IG Commander here, new to 40K, but have been war gaming for some 40+years, yes I am old, so what?

Looking for any gamers in the GR Michigan area who can/want to game on saturdays or Sundays and help a newbie learn the ropes.

IG Commander/Stephen

Offline Two Hawks

• Eldar "The Race" to be
Re: Hello from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
Welcome to 40k Online.  Check out your army specific board for tons of info. Don't be afraid to ask questions either.
Good Luck.
"Insignificant are other races to thy ELDAR"

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
  • Rule #1: Pillage THEN burn.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »
Welcome to the Game and the Boards.

Because you're new to the Imperial Guard, let me link my List Building Guide. Its written for IG Players from the perspective of a IG Player and is kept very basic so new players get a chance to form their own opinions.

Anyway, I think you'll find the Imperial Guard community here pretty friendly. So don't shy away from the forums.

"You know the other team is f'd when we're using military hand signals to communicate  :P" -My Buddy Himitsu

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
Hello back from The Netherlands!

And welcome to 40k! ;)

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
Hmm, I wish I knew what shops to recommend in the Grand Rapids area.  The shop in Whitehall went down in flames, as did one of the shops in Grand Haven.  Harborfront Hobbies and Crafts is still around, but that's still a 40 minute+ drive from where you are.  Grandiosities in Muskegon is a great place to game, but the distance problem remains.

Good luck finding a place in GR.  Oh, I forgot about Riders Hobby Shop.  They deal mostly in Battle Tech and comic books but it's a fine place to game.

There's a GR Yahoo! gaming group, too: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/grandgamers/
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.