News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Codex:Harliquin (EO Style)  (Read 19992 times)

Offline recov-CS playa

• grbthhhhbth!
Re:Codex:Harliquin (EO Style)
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2002, 01:12:48 AM »
OMG all.
I am clearly n00b.
I read this whole thread.
I need to sleep, NOW.

I want to play Warhammer, finally realizing a long postponed dream of table top gaming.
My army will be Harlequin as this is the fluff that has brought me to the game and about the only thing from Rogue Trader that made my hair stand on end.

I am exited, and have no official rules.

Is that last codex "EO" posting the thing from whence my army will spring. Or is something on teh way such that I need to chill and await official GW word?

Any one kno? ANy one got some suggests for this n00b?

no no no. Dont suggest marine army. I will be Harlequin leader. All the enthusiasm for the Harlewuin is that which draws me to them. I share it, tho n00b i be.
Just want friendly direction... thx.
n00b.
I am a n00b.
Be gentle.
Send me info on find Harlequin minis cheap.

Offline Errgin

• Fear the Reaper.
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2002, 10:14:40 AM »
Everything I have heard from games workshop is that harlequins have not been forgotten about, but are not a priority at this time, so I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing a codex anytime soon.
We dare not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Lord Grant me the Strength to Change what I can, the Courage to accept what I can't, and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Offline Harmless

« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2002, 10:56:51 AM »
recov-CS playa:

There is a more or less official experimental harlequin codex you can find through the Harlequins page on this site that was published in Citadel Journal by Gav Thorpe.

I also was dragged into 40k by Harlequins during Rogue Trader, but left the game shortly thereafter because of a shortage of local players at the time. Just recently I've been going through and building a new Harlequin army myself.

As for direction? Start with the army and individual unit overview on this site.

Offline recov-CS playa

• grbthhhhbth!
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2002, 02:20:26 PM »
Hey, thats cool. 8)
Another new to 40k Harlie playa.

Im fortunate enuff to be in a college town with plenty of avid 40k playas.

With all the debate about wat rules *should* be for Harlie armies, it makes building an army sort of complex.

Before I bring an army to the store, I want to be clear on the rules for my own army... and wat I'm going to make those tragik foolz accept.

***It would be fair to ask casual (non-tournament) playas accept the 'official' experimental rulz?

***With the Citadel 44 update which includes Wraithlords?

So far as I can tell, this is about the furthest yopu can shove harlies down peeps throats, since there is no 'official' rules.

This thread is WAY informative! Thanks for helpin a n00b out!
n00b.
I am a n00b.
Be gentle.
Send me info on find Harlequin minis cheap.

Offline Furtotesh

• Trust no one
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2002, 03:06:11 PM »
I need the Harlequin Codex!!

Please some one send it to me!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(