News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Want to help save Harlequins - here's how!  (Read 7525 times)

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
Re:Want to help save Harlequins - here's how!
« Reply #20 on: June 5, 2003, 09:14:00 PM »
I am sure they will. Especially when it is as nice as yours!
BTW, I saw you had submitted "Terror" to the Avatar-gallery. It will fill its place as an illustration for the Fear-table wonderfully!
you sure they do? i've never heard of them doing so before though (and not seen it through the mags i've flipped through)

so... any specific month/date to target this flood?
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Heimdallion

« Reply #21 on: June 5, 2003, 10:21:34 PM »
yeah the same thing ahppened to me it said my message was undiliverable due to the recipient not being recognized or something.....I donno....is there another address?
~Heimdallion

"The wind swept across the dark plains, flatening the long grass in rolling waves. Dark storm clouds were rolling in. The chill penetrated even my thick Rune Armor. The cold rain was running of my men's grim faces.

It would be a good day."

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #22 on: June 6, 2003, 02:21:42 AM »
Print it and snail-mail it in instead. It is a lot more effective than emails anyway.

As to when; now and as soon as you finish your next thing, and the next. Don't let them forget the Harlequins by constantly reminding them.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline HazarD

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2003, 05:21:23 AM »
Hi all. I've got some stuff i'd like to post too but i'm worried it won't make it by e-mail (as a few other people have remarked)

I'm in Australia (is anyone else?) but i'm still gonna snail-mail if my e-mails get rejected.

So my question is: Does anyone have the snail-adress for Fanatic? ???

And please, everybody tell your friends to join in with this stuff. Hell, just using a squad of Harlies in a craftworld/dark eldar army is enough to get people wondering at a games night  (and fun too)
The craftworlders must help to save their hidden Kin after all  ;D

Ceggorach will have the last laugh }:)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2003, 02:15:47 AM »
So my question is: Does anyone have the snail-adress for Fanatic?

Actually, it is previously posted in this thread. Just go back to page 1.

Offline HazarD

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2003, 11:56:55 AM »
Thanks Rasmus :)
Ceggorach will have the last laugh }:)

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2003, 11:12:38 PM »
do they actually post fan art? 'cause i never thought they did

i mean, models maybe, letters of course, but doodles from fans?
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2003, 03:31:29 AM »
Cj has posted fanart on several occasions. WD, however, has not, apart from some youngbloods.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2003, 09:31:05 AM »
It appears that Iolars Exarch that has been raved about so now has a dead link for me... :(  This is a superb idea I think I'll tyr it.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2003, 10:20:48 PM »
Send it in yourself. They would be wiser listening to you than to be, considering it is your picture.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2003, 05:12:40 AM »
Just keep pestering them whenever you feel like it; quantity, in this case, is attention.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2003, 05:22:34 AM »
In honour of the EoT-campaign, and the battles fought there, I wrote this a moment ago, and before I share it with GW I would like to share it with you.

Doom of the Thousand Sons
By Rasmus
www.eldaronline.com

The swift advance was undetected by the firepost. The forces of the Thousand Sons who had taken it had barricaded the forward gates and manned the towers and walls, but none of their dead eyes saw the advance.
   The unseen leapt and vaulted over the twisted debris from the battle. Huge charred battletanks and burned-out suits of armour told of the bravery of the defenders as the Thousand Sons had made their way down the field. They had made the aggressors pay a hefty price for their win here. For all their valour, however, they could not stand against the sorcerous might of the forces of Chaos, and the firepost had fallen. That was two days ago. It was time that they paid.
   With a monstrous leap the first group of warriors cleared the wall, landing softly on its top. The forms crouched, and the leader spun on her heel, extending her blade. The blade flashed with crackling energies for a second, and a guard, long dead, fell from the wall.
   A searchlight flared into being and started scanning the wall, but unable to see anything it resumed its sweep of the far wall, where the old defenders were thought to make their counter-attack. Another group of warriors cleared the wall, and another. Then the silent form of their leader appeared as a ghost over the top of the wall, landing softly among his warriors. It strode, like an apparition, along the wall, and then pointed to a central tower of the firepost. It was a sensortower, but it had been gutted by some great explosion, and now seemed hollow, and empty.
   Without a word the three groups of warriors cleared the space between the wall and the tower in a long silent bound. The first two groups slipped through the holes blasted in the wall of the seemingly empty tower, and quickly dispelled the illusion as they found a Sorcerer in there with his bodyguard, all engaged in some horrid ceremony. The leader of the unseen warriors dove to the bottom of the hollow tower, cutting an empty suit of armour from helmet to lower back with his long claws, and the battle began.
   Swirling half-seen forms of graceful speed cut into lumbering shapes of unnatural strength and toughness, and the empty armours fought back, cutting at the unseen attackers they hit only air, and one after another they fell, crashing to the floor as their lifeforce became too weak to hold together the armour that was now their only physical form.
   The Sorcerer, protected by his guard, tried to finish the ceremony, but the sustained assault was too much for him, and with a flick of his wrist he sent a gale rushing through the room, flinging the unseen attackers away and lifted, flying through the hollow cylinder of the tower and smashed through the ceiling far above. Free he turned, ready to assume command of his warriors and kill these intruders, as a smile flashed before him in the darkness, and the last group of warriors surrounded him, flung themselves at him in the darkness, and cut him down.

Still unseen the warriors picked up their few fallen comrades and left just as they had, leaping from the top of the wall and dancing across the field, disappearing into the darkness, back through the portals from which they had come. The Harlequin doom had befallen the Thousand Sons of this place, and there was no way they could resist the advance of the Imperial armoured column making it’s way towards the firepost as the sun slowly rose.

The End

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2003, 10:06:41 PM »
That looks superb, I especially like the Vocab.  You might want to send it in with the Codex...

Offline Rilmanqualë

• A humie walks into a bar - OUCH!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2003, 02:29:12 AM »
Very nice!

I'm finishing up a couple pieces myself, is it better to post em on this forum before submitting them, or what?  I've never tried to submit anything for publication before, whats the best way to go about it?

Rils
Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music - Mark Kleiman

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2003, 06:36:49 AM »
Very nice!

I'm finishing up a couple pieces myself, is it better to post em on this forum before submitting them, or what?  I've never tried to submit anything for publication before, whats the best way to go about it?

Rils
You can do as you wish. I am sure we would all love to read and comment on your work prior to submission.
How to submit? Print it out and send it to GW (addy in every WD) or mail it to fanatic (email and snail-mail above in this thread.)
  Quantity is the key. My batch leaves tomorrow. Keep saturation by sending your stuff as well. Infinity-circuit has done so, and for this we applaude him, and the more people who do, the better.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2003, 11:05:41 AM »
I don't saturate, I fill the world with useful and valuable material...

You should send it to both but I recommend BCCing it to Rasmus, thats what I did and there is no reason to tell them that you are spreading the stuff...

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2003, 04:36:01 PM »
I've played two battle reports with Harlequins, and was pleasantly surprised.  They are, however, no match for Ulthwe (which is more of an oversight in the rules than anything).  I'll try and mail summaries of those battles to GW.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2003, 05:24:32 PM »
I've played two battle reports with Harlequins, and was pleasantly surprised.  They are, however, no match for Ulthwe (which is more of an oversight in the rules than anything).  I'll try and mail summaries of those battles to GW.
What sort of oversight is that?  Please do elaborate.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2003, 10:06:06 PM »
I believe he might mean the fact that with hordes of Storm Guardians they can hold us off in Close Combat and then shoot us to heck.   Please do elaborate though, I'm curious about your opinion.

Offline GHX

• Smells like teen spirit
    • Anime 2024
« Reply #39 on: August 1, 2003, 07:17:06 PM »
I sent an email to fanatic wit some feedback on the harli list a while back, but i aint got a reply back >:( but i aint expectin one now. Also someone posted a few pages back on how takin your harlies to the local GW sparks up a load of interest, as this is wot i did today, and I had a crowd of people round the table watching the game, and looking at my models, which seems promising, cause if people like the models, they may want to see the army being released. Also once im finished re doing the fluff I posted on these boards, ill send that to fanatic too.
Armies so far
1500 thousand sons
1000 death guard
3000 blood angels
1000 kroot
1000 harlies

toal = too many armies, but i jus cant stop.....