News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2500 Pts GK with Guard Reinforcements..... heavy on the Psycannons ;)  (Read 524 times)

Offline MRC

• Freedom is not free
I seem to be doing a lot of these lately ;).... thanks for those who have given feedback on my ST list.

This time the list is roughly 2000 points of Grey Knights, backed with about another 500 pts worth of IG... total of exactly 2500 for Tourneys:

HQ (284)
-BC (NFW/PsyCan, Tel Homer, Psych Hood) + GKT (NFW/PsyCan) + 2 GKT (TH/SS)
Notes:
This unit would generally operate near my main firing line, either ridiing in one of the LRs to move to a favorable firing position or using its PsyCannons as a long range firebase and its Teleporter Homer to call in other GKTs from DS if necessary. Basically a 4 wound, 2+ armor (not to mention shrouding) unit with (x2) 42" range Psycannons (GKTs can move 6" and still shoot). Finally, Psychic Hood gives me the ability to mitigate certain enemy strategies that rely heavily on Psyker abilities (i.e. Eldar, Chaos SM, Nids).

ELITE (624)
(x3)-BC (NFW/PsyCan) + GKT (NFW/PsyCan) +  GKT (TH/SS)
Notes:
This units of GKTs would generally be in reserve and either DS behind enemy lines to shoot up rear vehicle armor/assault fire support troops (i.e. Dark Reapers, Devestators, Sniperfexs, etc.) or could be brought in to reinforce my main line, using the Teleporter Homers on my HQ Brother Captain or on my Justicars. Consider them my "quick reaction force."

TROOPS (322)
(x2)-Justicar (Target/Tel Homer) + 4PAGK
Notes:
Basic troops, these PAGKs would guard my IG firing line, jump in a Land Raider to move to sieze an objective, or use their Teleporter Homers to bring in my GKTs.

HEAVY SUPPORT (774)
(x3)-Land Raider (EA/Smk)
Notes:
Primary function is to provide anti-armor/anti-Monstrous Creature firepower. Also, serve as transports for any of my units for objective siezing and generally absorb lots of enemy firepower away from my other troops (3 vehicles with all around AV 14 does tend to get the enemy's attention ;) ) Basically, they are mobile bunkers that happen to each have two Godhammer Lascannons... very convenient.

INDUCTED GUARD PLATOON (496)
-Com Sqd (226)
*JO (Honer Imper/BP/PF) + 4GM (Vox/Plasma/ML)
*Chimera (2 Hvy Flamer/EA/Improved Comms)

(x3)-Inf Sqd (90)
*10 GM (Vox/Plasma/ML)
Notes:
This unit gives me 4 more scoring units, some extra plasmaguns and missile launchers in case I am up against heavy MEq armies, a Chimera with 2 HFs (i.e. poor man's Hellhound ;) ) for use against hordes of GEqs (Hmmm... Tyranids maybe??) and a officer with the Honerifica Imperialis/Vox Network to give me the flexibility to deploy these units anywhere in the Deployment Zone and still have respectable LD. Finally, as a perk, my Improved Comms on the Chimera make it much more likely for me to get my DSing Terminators on Turn 2, allowing me to get the most use out of them.

STATS

Models: 58 (4 BCs/9 GKTs/10 PAGKs/1 JO/34 GM)

Vehicles: 4 (1 Chimera/3 Land Raiders)

Heavy Weapons: 15 (6 TL-LCs/3 TL-HBs/2 Hvy Flamers/4 MLs/8 PsyCans)

Infantry Weapons: 65 (1 BP/1 PF/4 Plasmas/26 Lasguns/18 NFWs/5 THs/10 SBs)

Scoring Units: 13

Well, that's it... thanks for looking. As always, C&C welcomed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 03:40:08 PM by L30n1d4s »

Offline Pathofskulls

Re: 2500 Pts GK with Guard Reinforcements..... heavy on the Psycannons ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2007, 03:31:22 AM »
-BC (NFW/PsyCan, Tel Homer, Psych Hood) + GKT (NFW/PsyCan) + 2 GKT (TH/SS)

The psycannons are good, and I can see the point of the psychic hood. But everything else is worthless. If you want to go tank hunting with the GKTs your better off giving them a transport, because their likely hood of getting close enough to use those anti tank weapons is slim. Not to mention you want to stay further away not get closer to the enemy you want to make good use of your psycannons. If your going to take a teleport homer, stick it on an IST vet and stick him in a chimera, you would have been better off at that rate to just start with your grey knights on the table rather the d/s them.

(x3)-BC (NFW/PsyCan) + GKT (NFW/PsyCan) +  GKT (TH/SS)

Same thing here your better off w/another storm bolter.

(x2)-Justicar (Target/Tel Homer) + 4PAGK

Ok so by the time you've bought those 4 teleport homers you could have almost bought yourself another 2 GKs one for each squad to back these boys up and reinforce the units a bit, cause trust me, 5 guys wont hold out very long. If your going to bother with targetters, put them on your BC/GM where the range can better judge for the rest of your army.

(x3)-Land Raider (EA/Smk)

I would drop 2 of these for 2 dreadnoughts, cheaper, and have the same anti-tank capability. You might say the AV is better but against some opponents *eldar & tau* it won't matter. 2 Tank hunting dreads will do a lot more then those LRs not to mention they are better at hiding behind things.