News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330698 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + Campaign Projects
« Reply #900 on: October 17, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »
Nigel Stillman used to say that once you've painted something, never go back and change it.  Whether that principle applies to terrain I don't know, but from where I'm sitting it looks great.  I think that it blends in well enough with the mat too.  I think that you could just leave it as it is and focus on making new pieces instead.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #901 on: October 18, 2016, 07:15:44 AM »
That is very good advice Irisado, thanks. However its only minor modifications. Really just a sprinkling of various types of flock on the rim of *some* of the bases of the terrain, so I can put it on any area of the map and have it look really nice.

Anyway thanks for the comments. I know terrain isn't the most exciting stuff but I'm glad you like it. Looking forward to making more... I've got some great ideas for some rocky area terrain pieces.

Anyway thanks Irisado I appreciate it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »
Hey guys so I'm back with another mini-update. So work has finally begun on my second unit of Corsair Scorpions! The final batch of bits should be arriving either today or monday and I can't wait. Bit of a layoff between comissions so I'm trying to make the best of it!

The Exarch

Double Exarch Battle-Bro's (check out the new battle honors on the original Exarch. Blood drops for honors!)

Next member of the squad

Also look what arrived for my birthday!!! Tartaros Terminators! I cannot wait to assemble and paint these guys. Yet this is only part 1.... you'll have to wait and see what will complete the unit. I'm sparing no expense!

And perhaps most importantly look at this awesome gift from my Crone World Battle-Bro Ibushi! I cant tell you how awesome these dice are... I've got a huge collection of dice themed to my army and these are perhaps the crown jewel. Thanks so much Ibushi really one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me in the hobby. Thanks so much bro!!!!!!!!!

Anyways guys thats all I got for now. Hopefully I'll have some Eldar updates for you real soon. Anyway thanks for stopping by, stay tuned!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »
The black, red, and gold combination on the Corsair Scorpions looks suitably imposing and enhances that fearsome reputation which they have generated.  You've put great work into getting those models looking just right.

I love the dice.  The colours and the symbols really are outstanding.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #904 on: October 23, 2016, 08:04:30 AM »
Thanks Irisado! Really glad you like em so far. I really want to go all out, from this point on, with my modelling. I've already got a large army, so I want to take my time and make sure I get everything just the way I want it, now that I have the experience to know what bits work and what dont.

Yeah these guys are gonna look a bit scarier than the last squad, but should blend together nicely.

Thanks Irisado, and I'm glad you like the dice. I love em!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #905 on: October 23, 2016, 10:21:54 AM »
Looking awesome as always Cav! Always digging the black scheme for the scorpions. Do you normally use 16mm die? It may be a remnant of my ork beginnings, but I'm set on using 10mm die. Rolling 20-30 die at a time, I find it very cumbersome with larger dice. Especially when I launch an avenger bladestorm or some major scatterlasering.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #906 on: October 24, 2016, 07:21:24 AM »
Hey DoW, thanks bud :) About the dice... I actually have a massive collection of dice. Not pictured are probably the 150 odd small dice (not sure the size) that I always have with me during games. But yeah these big dice (the big gold ones) have been so blindingly white hot ever since I've bought them that I'm starting to favor them.

They are just easier for me to see at a glance too. I also love the new Lions of Asuryan ones because I can mix in my Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon roles... and rolling a bladestorm result with my Lion logo will be so satisfying.

I'm 6'4" tall with a big set of claws for hands, so grabbing a bunch of these big mammajammas is no sweat.

But beyond that I've just got a huge collection of red and gold dice with very particular supersitions attached to them all. Dice for RPG's and dice for 40k. Some are in the banished pile for treason and heresy. The big gold ones are however my "golden boys". They are the allstars of the bunch. As you can see I could go on, and on. So I'll stop now!  :P :P :P Anyway thanks bud! Always down for dice talk lol!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #907 on: October 24, 2016, 09:57:02 AM »
Love the dice!
I love using my Raven Guard ones, seeing the Raven come up whenever I roll a 6 does feel pretty amazing!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #908 on: October 24, 2016, 04:26:42 PM »
Very nice work as usual on the Scorpions.

Dang those dice a sweeeet.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #909 on: October 26, 2016, 01:31:19 PM »
@Auric's Pride- Thanks bud! Right there with you. Can't wait to roll these babies in battle.

@Magenb- Thanks man. Glad you like both the Scorpions and the dice! :)

@Everybody- So guys... trying to crank through as much stuff as possible before I have to resume work on my comissions. To that end I finished assembling all the Scorpions. I'm gonna start painting them tomorrow and hopefully have them done in the next 2 weeks or so. Gonna be SO stoked to play with x2 Scorpions. I hope it pays off!

Also I've weathering my Necrons! Really love the look I've gotten using the Typhus Corrosion technical paint. Really gonna help distinguish them from both my super clean Eldar, and slightly weathered Dark Angels. Hope you like them! Gotta add more glow effects soon.

Anyways guys thats all I got. Hopefully I'll get in a game in soon and have a bat-rep for you all. Stay tuned!

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #910 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »
Wow man, looking incredible, that new Scorpion Exarch is freakin' boss, absolutely astounding! !! Really cannot wait to see that second squad, they are suitably similar but differentiated from the original one, and i LOVE the back banner and head on the new Exarch, man!

Dice look fantastic, glad they turned out!! Yes for Eldar in particular I absolutely dribble over having the customized 6 in gold, for all those juicy bladestorm hits. There's NOTHING more satisfying than rolling up a sweet, sweet shuriken right when you need it, and they are so photogenic ha! Enjoy!!

Those Dark Angels with weathering and checkers look just amazing, I would be really interested to know how you do weathering on those guys, my marines are very clean right now. I've also seen really nice weathering on Eldar, but i find it much more mind-boggling as the idea is their armour and equipment is made out of wraitbone, right? Can never quite work out how I should weather my Eldar anyway.... would be very interested to hear your thoughts on that one too. Maybe it is a wraithbone structure, with metal armour over the top.. who knows!? Those leg plates etc. are probably straight metal, and I don't think Dark Eldar use wraithbone for building at all, do they?

Anyway, keep it up, can't wait to see that scorpion squad fully assembled!
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #911 on: October 27, 2016, 04:49:59 PM »
I don't really know where to start Cav. Really nice work across the board. The black Scorpions look absolutely great, and the exarch is just superb, both in posing and the finish you have achieved.

The Dark Angels are so nice too. Just really clean, with lovely weathering. It really adds something to the models, and I like that you didn't go overboard.

As for the Necrons. I'm not sure. Technically, the finish is good. I think the minis look good. I'm just not sure that they are better than the originals. I think that the weathering on the Tomb Spider (Or whatever it is, I'm not really sure of my Necrons) is really good - as you still have a balance of silver shining through. I just wonder if the weathering is a little heavy on the warriors. But that's just me...I think I just probably liked the originals so much that I haven't got my head round it yet!

Those leg plates etc. are probably straight metal

I think, and I'm sure a fluff buff will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the armour is made from Psycho-reactive plastics. I think.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #912 on: October 27, 2016, 08:05:48 PM »
Stuff is looking good! Nice to see you on 1houranight as well! I want to see more Dark Angels! Makes me want to build a 30k army. I really want to play Word Bearers, and rock out with my Khorne Daemons!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #913 on: October 28, 2016, 07:27:17 AM »
@Ibushi- Hey bud thanks so much! Really glad you like the Scorpions. Trying very hard to keep the units looking unique hence the strong DE vibe. Really glad you like them… particularly the back banner. Wasn’t sure if I was going to far before I primed it but was happy afterwards. Glad you dig!

Also yes the dice are phenomenal! Hopefully they will be unveiled tomorrow in a game, or next thursday at the latest! I’ll be sure to report how they roll! :)

About my DA, so glad you like them. I’m really loving painting them, even after that massive DA commission I just did. As for how I do the weathering its quite simple. I just do little chip and slash marks with Eshin Grey, then a little dry-brushing with Eshin grey. Then I just paint Lead Belcher or Mithril Silver chip marks, and edge highlight with silver where there are scrapes along the rims or edges (like on the greaves and shoulder rims).

As for the Eldar its a psycho-reactive plastic. Its not Wraithbone but something similar. I think for weathering Eldar I’d just do dust and dirt effects…

Anyway thanks so much for your feedback bud, its always appreciated!

@Looshkin- Thanks Loosh, really glad you like the DA and Eldar. About the Necrons, I agree its sort of a lateral move. Didn’t improve them, but I wanted something that felt different with a different texture from the rest of my armies. I think you are right the Wraith has the best finish. Went probably a bit too far on the Warriors but its easily remedied. I’ll try cleaning it up a bit, make sure you let me know what you think, even if you aren’t overly keen. I certainly want as much input as I can gather! Anyway thanks buddy I really do appreciate it.

And yes you are right on the psycho-reactive plastics! At least if I remember correctly.

@Auric’s Pride- Thanks bud. You will certainly be seeing more Dark Angels. I’ll be putting in an order to FW today to put the finishing touches on the Termies. Boy will it be awesome when that order arrives. I’m definitely stoked to play 30k. I really hope FW does something for DA soon. I do appreciate them throwing me a bone in the last book, as they really didn’t have to.

If you are interested in World Bearer’s you should really go for it. FW support for them in particular is incredible.

Also thats awesome you are on 1houranight. Can’t wait to see you on there!

@Everyone- Well thanks so much for all the input guys I really do appreciate it. I’m trying to get a game set-up for tomorrow. So hopefully I’ll have a new bat-rep for you. I’ve got a game set-up for next thursday for sure, so stay tuned for that. Sadly my new commission has arrived so my all out hobby blitz will return to a slow and steady pace. But I’m determined to get those Scorpions finished so I can field them. So their will be no lack of updates. Anyway thanks guys and talk to you all soon!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #914 on: October 30, 2016, 01:39:02 AM »
Ahh, a game. Sounds so fun. I hope you have a good game, fun. I'm just working myself to death. Got some more Death watch about a month ago....still not opened. Anywho, kick ass work. Hope to get something done myself. I agree with Looshkin but also think yours story should be that they were just awakened from a clasped tomb and rose thru the dirt and grime. Still looking for the cron-o-matic to clean and remove grime. And if you act now.....we'll send you not one but two...um, hahaha. Great work as always tho.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #915 on: October 30, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
@Dread- Thanks bud. Glad you are liking the new models... Yeah you got my idea with the Necrons. I wanted these guys to look really post-apocalyptic, like they've been in a warzone for weeks on end. Anyway hope to see some new models from you soon bud. Thanks for the kind words, always appreciated.

@Everybody- Bat-rep time! This time against Tau. We played 1500pts as my opponent Nick was new to the army and didn't want to get bogged down in too many details. So... lets dive in.

Eldar

Autarch- Bike, Soulshrive, Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask
Farseer- Bike
Scorpions x10- Exarch: Claw
Jetbikes x3- Scatter Lasers x3
Shining Spears x4- Exarch, Star Lance
Hornets x3- Pulse Lasers x6
-Aspect Host-
Reapers x5- Exarch: EML
Warp Spiders x5- Exarch: Power Blades
Warp Spiders x5- Exarch: Power Blades

Tau Empire

-Crisis Team-
Commander Shadowsun- Drone Controller
Crisis Suits x2- Plasma x2
3x Missile Drones
2x Shield Drones
Crisis Suits x2- Shield Drones x2
Marker Drones- x5
Riptide- Ion Accelerator, Various and Sundry

-Optimized Stealth Cadre-
Ghostkeel- 3x Drones
Stealth Team x5
Stealth Team x5

-Drone Controller Network-
Marker Light Drones x5
Marker Light Drones x5
Marker Light Drones x5

Pre-Game Notes- So to begin with, both lists were interesting. I've begun my Shining Spears journey in the hardest way possible against the mighty Tau Empire! But it was a conscious decision as I wanted to see how tough it could really get. Also the Tau list was very interesting. Tons of Drones... far more drones than actual Tau warriors. I knew right off the bat the Ghostkeel was gonna be the biggest threat and it was as you'll see. Anyway lets dive in!

Set-up & Deployment- We got Vanguard Strike deployment. Relic for the mission. I rolled to deploy and go first which I did.

Turn 1

Eldar- So with Vanguard Strike deployment and the medium range of the Tau I decided to deploy everything for once and use my Scout moves to my advantage (which I always forget). The picture above illustrates my deployment... but using my Infiltrate, Scout normal moves and run move I shifted my Scorpions ultra aggressive up after the Ghost Keel and Stealth Teams with the Shining Spears leaping ahead of them to spearhead the attack. I fanned out all my Jetbikes and moved my Spiders and Reapers up the field to get in range for turn 2. Then similarly I used Scouts and normal moves to shift my Hornets all the way to the right flank to target the Riptide... using my NEW DICE. So I let rip with the Hornets and my new dice didn't fail me! All 12 Hit, all 12 Wounded... and killed the Riptide for 1st blood! Woo hoo! New dice were on FIRE on the first rolls of the game! Jetbikes harassed some drones, downing a few of them but other than that, that was it. -Also! I grabbed the Relic right from the get-go with the Spiders.-

Tau- So the Tau wasted no time and were quite aggressive making all the right moves. The Ghost Keel and the Stealth Team poured shot after shot into the Shining Spears... they all went down except for the Exarch and the Farseer... including the Autarch! I failed my Look Out Sirs and failed one of my armor saves and he got doubled out by a lucky blast. What a bummer! I had a devious plan to break him and the Farseer off to tangle with the Stealth Team to powerup the Soulshrive (my Autarch also had Furious Charge for his warlord trait)... but it was not to be. Also a Spider who couldnt quite hop out of range got sniped by a Crisis Suit as well. Bit of a bummer for me but things still looked good.

Turn 2

Eldar- So reeling a bit after the turn of events I committed to still going for it with the Exarch and Farseer. If I could just lock up the Ghost Keel for a turn until my Scorpions could get him, I'd be good. I tried to begin the process of weakening his "Group Overwatch" with Executioner from the Farseer but it failed, as did Doom and as did Guide! I could only get off Will of Asuryan which was good but I really needed to get off Executioner as it'd bypass the Cover Saves. Oh well. Still had to go for it. The Spiders moved up ultra aggressive going after one of the Crisis Suits (killing one plus some of the many attached drones, including a pesky shield drone) and positioning to make an assault on the Stealth Team if possible. So I pumped fire from the Jetbikes into the Drones, downing a mess of them and also targeting the Stealth Team dropping two of them despite their Stealth+Shrouded saves. Overall nothing of note happened in the shooting phase as Stealth+Shrouded were making my life miserable! But moving on from the shooting phase the all important assault phase began. My Shining Spear Exarch and Farseer made their desperate charge... they made the charge distance, but we're cut down by Coordinated Overwatch. What a bummer! After that I pulled everything back with Jetbike and Thrust Moves. Arghh! So close... with Monster Hunter and that nasty Star Lance my Exarch was primed to do work... Oh well. They had as hard a road to go as can be expected moving about 48" up the board, getting pounded by Tau Firepower and then going into a hail of coordinated overwatch. Was not disappointed by them as against anyone else I know it'd have been much easier. Oh well... a disappointing turn but I knew I could easily bounce back. Also worth noting... I had the Spiders drop the Relic which was picked up by the Reapers.

Tau- So Shadowsun dropped in and immediatley went after the Hornets. She and her crew blew 1 up and downed the rest. I knew that was coming but I was ok with it. The Hornets had done great work and their was no hiding from all the Ignore Cover and Melta being slung around by Shadowsun and her crew. But here is where my opponents frustration began... all my units except the Spiders has used assault moves to get clear away from the Ghostkeel who'd backed all the way up to the far edge of the board. Everything except the Spiders. So the Ghostkeel and his Stealth Team focused their fire on the Spider but they Flickerjumped out of LOS with very good rolls... and that was it. My opponent had so many Drones but only 3 other units to buff (Shadow Sun, Stealth Team and a lone Crisis Suit) and they had either fired or were out of range!

Turn 3

So one unit of Spiders after bouncing way out of LOS. Jumped back up to shoot and assault the lone Crisis Suit. I killed all but 1 Drone and did a single wound in shooting against the Crisis Suit. I assaulted him, but because of their formation they had hit and run stranding the Spiders in front of a load Stealth Suits and the Ghost Keel. The other Spider unit shot up the Ghost Keel and bounced backwards. At this point the Scorpions (who had lost 4 of their number from shooting over the previous turns) began to run backwards... towards the Relic. The Assault thrust of the Eldar had failed and I couldn't run them alone through another Tau shooting phase and then try and assault them through coordinated overwatch the turn after. So they were on a mission to rendevous with the Relic which had been grabbed by a unit of Jetbikes. So with the Shadowsun and her crew in my backfield I had to destroy them and just try and grab the Relic and continue to fall back. I blasted all 9 Scatter Laser Jetbikes and the Reapers into Shadowsun's unit dropping them all but a single drone and a lone Crisis Suit. Not bad. I took the teeth out of that unit and I know I could deal with them later. Everything else continued to fade away back towards my DZ. The Jetbikes used their thruster moves to shift the Relic even further back into my DZ (its behind the big rocky outcropping at the bottom of the picture with the Scorpions closing in to grab it).

Wrap Up

So to summarize the rest of the game which went 5 Turns. It was a cat and mouse game of between the Ghost Keel and Spiders. The Spiders were executing delaying tactics, just trying to keep the Ghost Keel at bay. They also finished off the last remaining Crisis Suit team (not Shadowsun's) in the process just driving my opponent nuts. My real goal was preventing him from going after the Relic and instead focusing on the Spiders in which I succeeded. Meanwhile the Jetbikes struggled to pin down Shadowsun though they had succeeded in even grabbing her in combat, but she hit and ran out, hiding out of LOS of most of my army.

Sadly my opponent just randomly sort of conceded. He was within 24" of the Relic and could have started targeting the units holding it with the Ghostkeel but for whatever reason he just wanted to stop. Even though he had 10 Stealth Suits, the Ghostkeel on max. wounds, tons of Drones and his Warlord with a Crisis Suit alive. He said he felt like he just gone through "Final Exams" in terms of all the strategy and was just ready to call it... Very disappointing for me. This was the 1st challenging game in a very long time and just when things were getting to the nitty gritty my opponent bailed. He wasn't chatting at all during the game (after we had spent a lot of time bantering pre-game waiting for store to open having a lot of fun doing so) and so I could tell he wasn't having a lot of fun. It was strange though because I wasn't killing much since the Stealth Suits were shrugging off everything with Stealth and Shrouded and Shadowsun was dancing left and right... with the Ghostkeel coming in hot to help her out. Anyway it was a real bummer. Think I'm gonna just focus on playing some games at home for awhile where the fun is all but guaranteed.

Anyway despite my opponents lack luster enthusiasm, it proved to be a VERY exciting game for me. I was loving it. I just wished my opponent was. It was my first time facing the new Tau units and they were super tough which I was glad to see. The Ghostkeel is very cool, very hard to remove if you can't nail him in combat. Overall a very exciting game and tactical game.

So beyond that my takeaways are... continue to rock the Shining Spears! I'm dedicated to learning them and think they will pair up nice with the Scorpions. I really liked this list in general... and would certainly run it again. Big take away, get a second unit of Scorpions in there and combine them with the Spears to make an Assault Aspect Host! Can't wait!

So stay tuned guys. More hobby stuff on the way and a battle between me and my brother is already in the works. Alright guys thanks for stopping by and talk soon!

Also how about those dice! They stayed white hot all game. Getting monofilament shots too! Thanks Ibushi!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #916 on: October 31, 2016, 03:26:01 AM »
Great Bat Rep Cav. It really is a shame that your opponent quit when he did. Yes, you had the stronger position, but all it takes is 1 lucky turn and you could have been firmly on the back foot.

Maybe he was suffering from Kiting Sickness. It's something my brother suffers from when he plays my Eldar - that feeling that you can never get to grips with the opponent; you can never fight the battle that you want to fight because the opponent just uses battle focus and the like to always dodge the fight. It can be incredibly frustrating. But no more so than desperately wanting to try out some Shining Spears and having then fall to fire and overwatch!

Anyway, good stuff. It's always nice to see your army in all its glory on the field, just a shame that you didn't get the gaming experience that you wanted.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #917 on: October 31, 2016, 07:21:18 AM »
Thanks Loosh. Yeah it was too bad that he wasn't really feeling it. But yeah I can understand that "Kiting Sickness". Thats a great term for it. He was doing a lot of the same to me with his Thrust Moves, but I was enjoying the unpredictability of it all as I'm used to playing Imperial armies which are very straight forward. However my opponent doesnt play a lot, and his Tau are his second army which he hasn't played very much since they got updated, so I guess I can understand the "Kiting Sickness". I was flying all over the place in this game and making white hot rolls to make a successful bid at my keep away game. At least the game itself was really engaging. It was a super fun army to play against, with both armies moving all over the place :)

Thanks for the compliments on my army as well its always appreciated. Can't wait to get that second unit of Scorpions on the board and to update my Shining Spears units with all new Jetbikes. Anyway thanks Loosh I appreciate it!

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #918 on: October 31, 2016, 07:54:23 AM »
I'm astonished that your opponent chose not to continue.  He had so much of his force left and it was far from impossible for him to claim the Relic.  The fire power of the Tau caused significant damage to your army, so I don't understand why he didn't just go for it at the end.

You made very good use of battle focus and mobility to focus on getting the relic to safety.  Well played.  Staying focused on the objective rather than inflicting casualties is very important in games like this, but not always easy to do.  As a result, your victory was deserved.  Your opponent could have made it more difficult for you had he played on though.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #919 on: October 31, 2016, 09:33:05 AM »
Good report!

I didn't really see the game turning around for the Tau player anyway. His list was far less optimized then yours was, and I cannot imagine him stealing the game from you at that point.

Stealth suits are fine and all, but they wont ignore your armour and are fairly short ranged. The Ghostkneel would be hard to deal with, he really should have just tried to charge you with it, to prevent the flicker jumps. Also, I don't know why he spent all the points on all the drones. The marker-light drones formation is a waste of points, as he doesn't really have any units to take advantage of it.

His list didn't really have any long ranged shooting (besides the solo riptide) and lacked punch and cohesion.

Your list however is quite strong. Hornets are very good, as well the aspect host. I don't know if any of my lists could fair well against yours lol.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria