News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Army Critique  (Read 559 times)

Offline Grimvail

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
New Army Critique
« on: December 6, 2004, 10:20:23 PM »
Hey all,

I just joined the forums and have been playing 40k for a good three years now.  I took a break and started back up again when 4th ed. came out, and im assembling a new tau army.  Just curious about what some of the most experienced tau players think about this list.  nothing but some warriors have been bought so its totally flexible.

HQ:
Ethereal: 50
Total: 50

Elites:
3 Crisis suits, 2 w/Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod and Multi-tracker, 1 w/Drone Controller w/2 shield drones and Plasma Rifle: 208

Total: 208

Troops:
Fire Warriors, 12, Bonded, w/Shas’ui w/markerlight w/photon grenades: 160
Fire Warriors, 12, Bonded, w/Shas’ui w/markerlight w/photon grenades: 160
Fire Warriors, 12, Bonded, w/Shas’ui w/markerlight: 150
Fire Warriors, 12, Bonded, w/Shas’ui w/markerlight: 150
Total: 620

Fast Attack:
None

Heavy Support:
Hammerhead w/Ion Cannon, 2 Burst Cannons, 4 Seeker Missiles, Multi-tracker, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod, target lock, sensor spines, Blacksun filter: 205

2 Broadsides w/Drone Controllers and 2 Shield Drones each: 204

2 Broadsides w/Drone Controllers and 2 Shield Drones each: 204
Total: 613

TOTAL: 1491

Also a question.  In the armory section it says there is a 50 pt. limit on wargear.  does this also apply for vehicles (i wouldnt think so but just checking)?

Thanks,
Grimvail

Offline xv15.

Re: New Army Critique
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 11:47:15 AM »
no it doesnt apply to vehicles...at least according to army builder :D. I would say the list looks very solid..but very ...static? Its good to start with, so you play a few games and build on your style of play, but I will say i rarely if ever go to battle without 2 crisis teams. Also if you're going to give your shas'ui a markerlight it is a good choice to also buy a hard wired target lock for him, so that he may mark a tank while the rest of the squad shoots at the infantry or light vehicles. I also do not put all my seeker missiles on a single vehicle, i dont even take them if my list contains only vehicle; just a thought for the future if you expand your list. Other than that, I would say its definitely a good base list, (oh and maybe a shas'o commander would do nicely in your battleline) but my suggestions will bring you well over 1500 points. Thats definitely a good thing though, i have 5300 pts of guys to choose from when i play a 1500 point game, so i have the advantage of tailoring my force perfectly to take on the enemy from all the units i have to choose from. If you want to know whats in my list just ask or pm me.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 11:48:22 AM by xv15. »
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.