News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Guys & Girls Thread 2015 - Marriage Equality And Tumblr Brains  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Getting mixed signals from your partner, trying to meet someone, never met someone, have dating questions?  We're here for ya.

Eldanesh wrote this stuff years ago, Zardoz rest his soul, I just updated a few things here and there:

To avoid this topic from devolving into a juvenile rant forum and to help keep it as a resource for people with something worthwhile to post lets all agree to a few rules here.

1. Keep to the topic Nothing gets old faster and dilutes the purpose of this topic more than these asides about non-issues. This is basically what killed the old thread, so keep on subject, OK?

2. Blatant 'flame' posts will be deleted  This is standard policy on 40kOnline and it includes Reddit MRA crap and biotruths nonsense.  This isn't a Tumblr "Safe Space" where reality is denied but if you're some kind of horrible bigot or sexist that will be edited, deleted, and you may get a time out.

3. Open to all Guys, girls, straight, bi, [other] are welcome, keep it PG-13 at most, though.  As usual, do not subvert the auto-filter, but if you use the usual spelling of naughty words the people that don't want to read that will be covered by the auto-filter.  No creepy stuff like pedophilia, zoophilia or whatever, for goodness sake (see below if having those issues).

4. This isn't therapy No one to my knowledge on 40KO has their doctorate in psychology, so take this advice for what it is, "advice."  Forming relationships is a learning experience, "Love Is A Battlefield!"  If you are in a crisis situation, though, get off the Internet and go seek professional help ASAP.

National Domestic Abuse Hotline
1-800-799-7233 | 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
The National Domestic Violence Hotline | Is this Abuse?

So there you have it - Lets get this topic underway. Guys and Girls post your ideas.

Previous thread: Guys & Girls Thread - 2003 - 2011
« Last Edit: July 6, 2015, 10:02:15 AM by Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof) »
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
Re: Guys & Girls Thread 2015 - Marriage Equality And Tumblr Brains
« Reply #1 on: July 6, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »
I'm in some BFE village of retirees, so I don't have any relationship issues other than being in a romantic desert.  After my engagement to the love of my life failed, I escaped her extreme abuse, fled to the country side.  I have some training in communications and conflict resolution, as well as managing or surviving more than a few crazy relationships, so ask me anything if questions come up with your situation.

Also, if you're in the Florida, New York metro area or Texas, this organization called me accusing me of being the abuser, (my ex-fiancee told horrendous lies due to her severe mental illness) they got wise to how I was the actual victim and were actually very attentive and helpful.  Any time of day or night someone was there to help me deal with the terrible things she would do to me.

Sissy's Angels - Home

I repeat, if you think you are being abused or have been injured by someone, get the heck out of here and go seek help, right now!
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao

Offline TagniK'ZuR

• You have the right to act your shoe size
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 03:07:06 AM »
Glad you got help mate, and thanks for speaking up!

There's a drive on one of our local radio stations at the moment against women and child abuse and it's scary how frequent and serious these cases of abuse still are in this day and age. (and people still somehow forget that the 'man' can be the one who is abused, or worse, find please in the fact)
Birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live.

If you ignore your health long enough, it will go away.

• Ancient
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »
There is no shortage of emotional trauma at my current workplace.  Someone I really enjoy working with is very cheerful, as it so happens the husband she refers to often has been dead for ten years.

I do the same thing, regaling people with stories of, "my fiancee" because I want to put a smile on their face rather than put them into a state of sobbing.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao