News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]  (Read 200770 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:48 PM »
For all those who wish to show their Chaos Army, or a bunch of a new models they painted up, but want to show them in the chaos boards, this is the place to do it.

I encourage you all to take pictures of your proud and conquering chaos armies for your fellow Chaos Community members to see, and maybe help inspire those to start chaos from looking at this.

I would though prefer painting pictures of models, though if you have a impressive shot of your whole army you are working on painting, or an unpainted picture of a cool conversion you did I wont mind.

I would also recommend watching the size of your images, though a very easy and simple way to make the images a nice size is to include
Code: [Select]
height=450 width=600 in the first [img] of the code like so
Code: [Select]
[IMG height=450 width=600]
This will make the images a nice size that will prevent me from needing to remove, or manually resize images that are a silly size  :D.

Forum AUTO SIZES YOUR IMAGES. Imagine that, how wonderful.

So what are you waiting for! Lets show our community spirit by Showing off the chaos armies of 40kOnline!  ;D

P.S., thank you Minsc and Dr_Ruminahui for inspiring me to make this.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2009, 03:40:15 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Minsc

• Ork Boy
Re: Liber Chaotic, Player Chaos Armies.
« Reply #1 on: March 1, 2007, 01:57:39 AM »
Hohumm... :)

More pictures on http://www.pixbox.se/alb_show_id101996_page2.html

(PS: Squid: I'm to stupid to get that all height/width thing to work  ::) If you find them too big, I'd appriciate if you "manually resize's" it ;) )
« Last Edit: March 1, 2007, 09:11:29 AM by Minsc »
Plastic Modell + Acetone = Ugly Conversion

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: March 1, 2007, 06:11:29 AM »
Oh no, this is a good size, the code it jst to prevent very very large pictures from showing up. I still like the models, very sexy.

I seem to have no recent pictures of my own army at the moment, so Ill take some later today.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2007, 06:20:48 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #4 on: March 1, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »
@Invidious
nice conversions on the oblits. ive been thinking of doing soemthign like that myself 2 lol. at 22$ a model those oblits kill. i got one and need 2 mroe thinking of converting em lol or atleast one cheaper and fun. ill be posting some of my army itomarrow i think.

@Minsc
i likey and i actually like the look of the carboard i jsut think it needs some spackle or flock or something 2o help make it look more base like.

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: March 1, 2007, 07:44:26 PM »
Invidious, I like the oblitorators. Getting some without costing an arm and a leg is always good. Also I was browsing through the other pictures you have and I stumbled upon the Traitors you have, and really like them, the lens on the sniper is painted very well, and I like the agitators banner.

I had a 1000pt game today against Tyranids with my LatD, so I took a few pictures durring the game.

This is an old army picture I have.

And here are the pictures I took in my game.

I'll try and get some other pictures later.

Also I realized right now I blotched up the code for the image size thing, but it's fixed now, sorry about that  :P.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #6 on: March 2, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »
Here's a squad of my Rubric Marines, with an AC w/converted powerfist:

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0038av8.jpg

Also, my Lord of Change (the picture is gigantic, so apologies in advance--not sure how it wound up that way):

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2745/img0083oh6.jpg
« Last Edit: March 2, 2007, 09:03:18 AM by Wyddr »

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #7 on: March 2, 2007, 01:54:53 PM »
army's in my signature, but hey i have some mutants i'll post them later.

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #8 on: March 2, 2007, 03:22:42 PM »
ok i have alot more pics to take but for now heres my IW basilisk and 2 rhinos

Rhino 1

Rhino 2

« Last Edit: March 2, 2007, 03:25:31 PM by lastnotice »

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: March 2, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »
wow.  the basilisk, particularly, is awesome.  How did you all the ice-looking stuff?
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #10 on: March 2, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »
i made it with spackle then coated it regal blue then dry brushed tan then white over that

• Ancient
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »
Okay, that Speckle stuff looks totally rocking on those tanks I must say, before I read your second post there I thought you did it with greenstuff or somethingg. I will have to keep that in mind for any demonic tanks I may make.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »
lol you can use psackle for bases which rocks. any mutation great for filling in gaps cuz its very liquidy when applied until it drys. its great for conversions in general. therte some things it cant do but alot it does better then putty.

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #13 on: March 2, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »
Salutations to my insane counterparts!

Ive been working on a Chaos Undivided Traitor Chapter known as the Apostles of Madness (working title) a very obviously Lovecraft's trademark Cthulhu mythos inspired chapter Why? Because I can't say no to converting things into giant squid monsters!

The Apostles of Madness are  not a established Traitor Legion, but a collection of  post-Huron rebels left over from the Badab War that were swayed by ancient powers deep in the warp or some thing to that effect. These vehicles were painted quite some ago and will probably see a face lift soon, I'm  now mulling thought the stories and internet for inspiration on visuals and  conversion ideas. I will have some more pictures up soon and I really would like some suggestions on how to make proper alters of death to the Great Cthulhu!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaospred1.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaospred2.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaospred3.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaosrhino1.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaosrhino2.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaosrhino3.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaosrhino4.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaosrhino5.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/chaosrhino6.jpg

Cthulhu- because one day we will all be eaten by a giant squid monster from beyond time and space.
Death before Dismount!

• Ancient
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
You sir have just made my day. I am a follower of the Great Priest Cthulhu, you better do him well!

I am making a Dagon Themed LatD army right now myself, and I've scratch built Dagon for my use.

Looks like your off to a good start, I'd recommend with your squads to having them have Icons and statues of Cthulhu with them, maybe some bas-reliefs or something. I think the black and white movie of Call of Cthulhu has scenes of people killed for Cthulhu, though I forget what happened, I should watch it again.

Any plans on how you will make Cthulh himself? or how you'll use him?  Damn I now want to convert my Dagon to Cthulhu...Or at least make one of my own ha ha.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: March 2, 2007, 11:16:08 PM »
i personally think it would be really cool if you used Genestealer Feeder Tendril heads for your mutants.

• Ancient
« Reply #16 on: March 2, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »
That would be cool, or to use them on the chaos marines anway, kinda like Deepone-like creatures.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #17 on: March 3, 2007, 12:47:42 AM »
I bring further offering to the Great Priest of Cthulhu, soon. My plans for the  big guy himself will be in two "manifestations." First I have planned is converting a Demon Prince into an avatar of Cthulhu (or Star Spawn perhaps). The "awakened, cranky and hasn't had his coffee yet" Cthulhu will be operating as a Blood thirster on the game table. How I'm going to build him, is still up in the air. I'm currently working on a Defiler and some possest space marines and some Chaos Furies will have a Night Gaunt appearance.   
Death before Dismount!

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #18 on: March 3, 2007, 12:52:36 AM »
i jsut scrolled up and took a look at your drgaon killersquid. i think i used that same dragon for teh head of my DP. is it a model or scratch built?
« Last Edit: March 3, 2007, 12:55:18 AM by lastnotice »

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: March 3, 2007, 05:44:06 AM »
His Dagon is made out of greenstuff and miliput as I recall, over a wire frame.