News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Alternative to foam transport for armies.  (Read 1322 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Alternative to foam transport for armies.
« on: May 6, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »
So kind of stumbled onto this site Crystal Fortress | Acrylic Modular Miniature Display Case and Cover where they use trays with holes cust out for the bases, then put magnets in the middle (need to put another magnet on the model base a well) to stop them from moving around. Interesting concept, in thoery it would prevent any contact with painted area's and stop thin bits from getting stuck in the foam etc.

Any one tried something like this or come across alternatives to foam based transport?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Alternative to foam transport for armies.
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2018, 08:02:13 PM »
Tablewar cases are very similar. Made for transport and model display. I hear their adds on every independent characters podcast lol. I think foam and magnets are the two best solutions.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Alternative to foam transport for armies.
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2018, 08:36:55 PM »
I can see how seeing into the case can be handy for when you need to find stuff to pull out, interesting to see what alternatives are floating around now though.

Found this one as a kick starter that finished now, but has a nice video showing how well the magnets hold the models in place.
A-CASE+ Miniature Wargaming Carrying/Display Case by Olo Pawi - Kickstarter

Any other alterntives floating around?