News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Tyranid Evolutionary Chain  (Read 10746 times)

Offline Iplaynids

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: The Tyranid Evolutionary Chain
« Reply #20 on: August 4, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »
i have played the nids for a long time and i have a few to many to count.
sadly i have no camera of any sort.
my nids have been passed down from my uncle to me then i got ALOT of new 1s to add to his army of nearly 100 genestealers.
and know i have started on this site about an hour ago.
ill go count them all out tomorrow if thats ok.
i might not remember to get back on here.

YAY NIDS!!!!!!

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
« Reply #21 on: August 4, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »
I am also interested in becoming part of this.
RIPPERS FTW ;D

Offline Carni-Kang

• Cute? I'll show you cute....
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 07:51:49 PM »
I would like to be apart of this.
We seem to be in shortage of rippers... (My dream is to be a Carnifex, Swarmlord! Though, sadly, there is no longer a Carni position...)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:04:00 PM by Carni-Kang »
"I saw Luscius get eaten by a Hive Tyrant. Haven't seen him since."  Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 04:39:52 AM »
Well, beyond this thread having been dead for a long time, you need to have at least 100 posts to be a part of the Evolutionary Chain.
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Carni-Kang

• Cute? I'll show you cute....
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 04:48:31 AM »
Oh, Okay ^^ Thanks.
"I saw Luscius get eaten by a Hive Tyrant. Haven't seen him since."  Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Offline wolfbane007

• so you think your tough... Do you?
« Reply #25 on: November 9, 2010, 12:21:30 AM »
Um yeah I'm new can you help me sign up for ripper rank and also help me out i really want to try out for some new things. :D
Michael W :P

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
« Reply #26 on: November 9, 2010, 07:04:55 AM »
I might as well sign up too, since I'm here almost every day, and putting my biofleet up to date has left me with loads of WIP-pics to throw around. I'm not going to write any battle reps, but I will be doing some more tutorials. I've already made the capillary tower tutorial, and the bonesword tutorial is on its way. Many of my WIP threads have a tendency to turn into tutorials too. :D

Guestion: Is it preferrable to post tyranid related tutorials and such here on the tyranid board, or the modelling and convertion board or is it ok to post them on both?
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline spiderbite

• Armies: Tyranids
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »
I've never been part of a CoC, but I'll give it a try. I've been on this board for several years, and now I'm checking (and posting) in this forum all the time. I've almost abandoned my other armies since I starting playing Tyranids. Go figure. Anyways, sign me up!

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:14 AM »
Okay, everyone. Let's see if we can breathe some life into this corpse of a thread!

I have five points of business that I would like to submit to the Evolutionary Chain for discussion:

1. In order to make the Evolutionary Chain more accessable to newer members of 40KO, I move that the minimum post count be lowered to at most 50 posts, possibly even 40 posts.

2. Hive Fleet Bahamut, should he desire it, should be inducted and promoted to Termagant/Hormagaunt for his many contributions to the Tyranid Tactica.

3. Gornon, should he desire it, should be inducted and promoted to Termagant/Hormagaunt for his contributions to the Tyranid Tactica.

4. As unkosher as it is, I would also like to suggest that someone other than me submit that I should be promoted to Genestealer for my own work on the Tyranid Tactica.

5. Finally, we should allow everyone who has posted here to become a Ripper, and a general examination of all Ripper's posts and contributions to the site should be made to determine if anyone is ready for promotion. Perhaps our Termagant, FifthWind, could let us know what the status of the Big list of Army Lists has been getting many contributions?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:52:35 AM by GaleRazorwind »
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 03:54:26 PM »
5. Finally, we should allow everyone who has posted here to become a Ripper, and a general examination of all Ripper's posts and contributions to the site should be made to determine if anyone is ready for promotion. Perhaps our Termagant, FifthWind, could let us know what the status of the Big list of Army Lists has been getting many contributions?

While it hasn't seen much activity in a while (no new posts since September), the contributors as of this post look like this:

Zilverscale: 2 lists contributed
Crafty: 3 lists contributed
SpadeS: 1 list contribued
Pershore: 1 list contributed
nerzuhl: 3 lists contributed
haunt: 1 list contributed
FifthWind: 1 list contributed
Raktra: 1 list contributed
Master Titan BT: 1 list contributed
MagicJuggler: 1 list contributed

Exactly how many of the above are still active, however, I am not sure (though I can take a pretty good guess).
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline Hive Fleet Bahamut

• I like to play with my food before I eat it!
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 04:56:03 AM »
Assimilation into the Hive Mind?  Yes please. MORE DNA input= MORE Combat potential.  As for the hormie/termie recomendation that would be excellent.  I enjoy taking part of the community and plan to continue to contribute.  (I want to get some pics up but not until my army is more thoroughly painted.)

I thank you Gale for the recommendation, and hope that it is not solely felt.  As for the 100 required posts, I have not reached that amount.  That aside, I hope to continue to be a part of this scene. 

As for evolution, it is what us Tyranids do best.  That and eat..
Tyranid assimilation brought to you by the letters "Om nom"

Offline Juroda

• You don't play ping-pong; Ping-pong plays YOU!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 8, 2011, 06:34:51 PM »
Chuckles, could I become a Ripper please? I really wanna help and take part here (and have an Awesome title! Nids FTW!).

Offline Aristo

• Armies: Dark Eldar
« Reply #33 on: March 8, 2011, 11:09:39 PM »
I would be very interested in being part of this. I'll admit I'm probably newer to 'Nids than most here, but I have experience in the game and I'd consider myself a fine painter.

Offline Blindmage

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: The Ripper Horde, Kroot anything, rarely Necrons
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 03:33:08 AM »
I'd love to sign into this if I can. Obviously being a Ripper is perfect for me! Now i must work towards the non-specified position of Parasite!

Offline Hive Fleet Bahamut

• I like to play with my food before I eat it!
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 05:47:02 PM »
Seeing as I finally past the 100 posts requirement, I would like to request that suggestion to jump up to Hormagaunt from GaleRazorWind.  There are still several tactics that I haven't seen with any of my input on, but that might just be because they were either similar or combined with the other posters input.  (Even though some are still blank, I just assume that people are busy and not everything is done.)  Regardless though I have met all the requirements to get into the Chain, and hopefully will jump up to gaunt from the ripper status initially given.  Although I had a period of downtime on the net, I have recently started posting again and hope to continue our galactic conquest..  Nom Nom Nom..
Tyranid assimilation brought to you by the letters "Om nom"

Offline Styranimon

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 07:12:18 AM »
I too want to be a part of this.
Despite I not have reached 100 posts yet, I'm most active in this forum than the other forums of 40KO. :)
If you get happy of small things, you've got much to be happy for!

Offline Dracospark3

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #37 on: August 4, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »
Omnomnomnomnomnom ripper be rippin' sign me up! :D

Offline Travellar

• Lieutenant
  • Hey Farley, call headquarters.
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »
Hey, I may be a fair weather poster, but I have been nomming on the galaxy since 1998.  By all means, let me in!
"he's either the most brilliant troll ever, or he's crazy." -Bloodhawk