News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your veiws on the future  (Read 3864 times)

Offline Colonel Tangerine

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
Your veiws on the future
« on: December 26, 2003, 09:01:43 PM »
Basically, looking at what going on right now, what do you see the world looking like in 25, 50, 100 years?

Will the West have mantained its economic and milatary dominance? What will happen in the middle east? What will an emerging China do? And everything else you can think of.

I look forward to your opinions.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 09:21:03 PM by Lateralus »

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I miss EO.

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
Re: Your veiws on the future
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 12:29:20 AM »
America will reap what it has sown, I shall say nothing more as far as that goes.

As for China, well, I'd say the future's looking pretty bright for them, Maoism is working fairly well for them and now they have organised into a fairly effective super-power style regieme. I do so hope this does not make them enemy No.1 as far as the West in concerned, but you never know.

At the rate British Politics are going, Labour will turn Right-Wing and the Conservatives will go Left-Wing.
Fascism will again rear its ugly head, but under a different name so it will be more popular. Communism may make a comeback (Fingers crossed) and hopefully the Dictators of those countries won't go power mad.

The Middle East...will not be a happy place, not for a long while. Wether they decide to act on this however remains to be seen...

They're my predictions anyway.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline FireDaemon

• Hell yeah I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 01:33:33 AM »
America will continue believing that controlling the middle east is the right thing to do. Not having to do with the fact that 9/11 happened (no, of course  not) but that they're all "terrorists" and the ones that aren't "terrorists" want us out there. Of course.

China's going to do well, but I'm not suure how well. And as for being our worst "enemy" we won't do anything about it because they have an organized military that will fight back which almost all of americans aren't prejudiced against, even if we americans don't want to admit it, a lot of us are prejudice.

Middle east is not going to be happy for decades, if not centurys.

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 05:46:38 AM »
The Middle East...will not be a happy place, not for a long while. Wether they decide to act on this however remains to be seen...
It has been a ground of war sence the birth of man. And it propobly will contiune this way. to many kind of people and to many religons lives there and that=CHAOS!

Basically, looking at what going on right now, what do you see the world looking like in 25, 50, 100 years?

Will the West have mantained its economic and milatary dominance? What will happen in the middle east? What will an emerging China do? And everything else you can think of.

I look forward to your opinions.
If the technoligcal advancement keeps up like it did during the 1900-2000 then this world might be as advanced as we have seen in Sci-fi movies. (YAY!!)

Most of the world plays in the West game and that means West rules and so on. I belive that it will and with a Bush telling his NATO allies that they should spend more money on the military, then yes.
During the coming 10-20 years the USA presidents I think would bomb allmost every country that havn't got any nuke-weapons in the middle east.

I think China will do fine, they have a great progress with their economic and that is good ^__^. Hope they won't grow into a power-hungry warmachine as Soviet did (DAMN YOU STALIN!!).

Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 11:26:57 AM »
everyone is dead... bush pushed the nuke button to many times.. followed by everyone else  :o

or it will look as painful normal as it today  ;D
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline Dark Fire

• I want your heart to stop beating
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 11:34:30 AM »
China and America will definately be grapling for power in Asia. I doubt it will come down to war anytime soon, but if this century sees WWIII it will start in Asia.

Things are not looking good for Syria. I think one of the main points of invading Iraq was to have a staging point for invading Syria if terrorists based there attack American targets. If the prospect of American armor rolling through Damascus within hours of a major terrorist attack doesn't stop them from attacking then the Syrian regime is in trouble.
Pain is an illusion of the senses; Fear is an illusion of the mind.

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 03:12:45 PM »
There won't be a world in 100 years, thats my prediction.

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 03:14:50 PM »

Didn't know you were a Jehovas Witness....
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Sgt. Dellius

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Domintis Ultramarini
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2003, 03:34:32 PM »
I think that as the efforts of the Europhiles tog et a federla urope march forth, someones going to crack. I fear Terrorism, Revolt and uprisings in Europe from people who are getting messed around too much by the Eurocrats.

In Asia, China and Japan will start vying with each other and america for economic control. Either that or roll into Siberia and mine for oil.

Offline Steamboat Willy

• Warning Shots are for Woosies
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Livejournal Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2003, 03:37:44 PM »

Bah, they annoy me greatly.  You know, a friend of mine, who's dad is a vicar (and they live in a VICARAGE) had them knocking on thier door asking if they had heard of Jesus?!? WTF?  And they came back again!

My prediction - As it is now, better weapons, more tention amoung world leaders, China and US eaither being buddies or being enemies.  And like, a lot of American troops in the East....

Offline Farsear Riddle

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2003, 04:41:17 PM »
Taking a wild wild guess

Western civ will continue to decay. Chinese ABM technology will reach a point where they become invulnerable to large-scale strategic attack (ie total domination of low earth orbit); American ABM tech will have fallen behind around 2040 mainly due to the cost of welfare and naive pacifist politics.  The Chinese will be in a position where nuclear war fighting would be entirely feasible, but it is unlikely to be necessary as by 2080 the West will cease to be an 1st rate actor on the world stage (patience is a great virtue of the Chinese). In effect this will allow the Chinese to achieve global hegemony through "soft power". China will continue its trend towards Han nationalism and will reach a point where the all nations are merely provinces of China. Then they shall reach for the stars on a scale we in the West no longer posses the audacity to dream of. The Chinese will be vigilant against corrosive forces having learnt from the mistakes of millennia of civilisation (despite having an equally impressive history the West has failed to do so) so their empire will last for millennia (hopefully virtually eternal).

One caveat, India may become a power to rival China. But in all honesty I can't really see it and this is coming from a devout Hindu-phial

As for the chances of Europe or the Middle East doing anything worth mentioning, I would not hold my breath. A window for peace in the Middle East will exist when China (Chinese public opinion is generally pro Palestinian) and the US are in a state of strategic parity. Realising the reality of the situation Israel will accept a fair peace.

Effectively the whole world will be centred round the middle kingdom again. World peace will be achieved through the total absolute and virtually irreversible domination by one nation. This is beyond question a good thing in my mind, I am only sad the West will (must) fall. In the long term it is for the best as it will bring order to the world. In truth the West is dying I know it and the lefty/liberals know it (they rejoice in it), maybe it is time to pass the torch of civilisation on. Thank god the multi-polar world will be short lived (30 years?), in the end I suspect the order provided by the middle kingdom will be for the betterment of all.

I come to this assessment not because I over-estimate the Chinese and that would be no mean feat. But because I realise the weakness of the west, a dying, fragmented civilisation lead by a demented mind ( not GW, I mean western intellectuals) a mind that in senility no longer possesses the will to march forward towards the stars.

Offline Sheepz

• Ancient
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2003, 04:57:06 PM »

Im not, you accused me of being  a muslim before tho..

It isn't really too far fetched to say some world leader might decide that nukes are a way out when the US come knocking on his door.

Offline damascusxie

• God plays with Loaded Dice
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2003, 07:01:42 PM »
in more small scaled prediction. domesticated animals will become so genetically specialized that instead of a chicken, we will have a blob of flesh that lays eggs from sunlight and waste material. instead of a cow, we will have a gigantic mass of udders and mamillary glands. instead of pigs, we will just have blobs of meat (not that thats a big difference from a real pig anyways)

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2003, 08:00:45 PM »
I'm not going to make any large-scale or specific predictions about the course of future events because I don't think it's possible to do it accurately. If you study history you can see that a lot of major things have been decided by single events that could have gone one way or the other, with each possible outcome producing entirely different results. Some trends in human societies are perhaps more or less predictable/inevitable, but the random factor is still too important to ignore, IMHO.

I do think that terrorists will let off a nuke somewhere though, within the next 75 years. It also wouldn't surprise me if there was a nuclear war between India and Pakistan.

Offline Spiritbw

• Dies novus lucescerit
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2003, 09:36:53 PM »
Hmm, well nothing specific but here is my thoughts on how things are going....

Way things are going George Bush jr, is either going to be rembered as America's Hitler or as it is more and more seeming, as it's Hindenburg.  the guy just doesn't seem smart enough the more I hear about him, to sieze the power but is making it very possible with his policies to eventually set the stage for someone else to.

The fact that China is in space now might see a revitalization of the space race at the cost of future generations of Americans.  While the push for space is not something that ever should ahve been abandonded it will probably be in future the golden example of a goverments failings.

The continued tensions in the middle east and continued moving of western power troops into the area is going to make at least one of the other powers jumpy and wind up with SOMETHING being touched off.  Going to be another 9/11 though what form it is going to take is yet to be seen.  My faith in humanity to develope new and inventive ways of creating mayhem never is disappointed. 

It is possible then that we will see China or other 'pro-arab' powers start to move in troops in eventually.  Just more powder in the barrel. 

The United States fall I think is envidable.  Why and how long I think are the only questions.  It will either be uprisings as the rift between rich and poor expands or when the US finally bites off more than it can chew militarialy.  The troops are already being stretched to the limit as is  and Bush's policies are not helping things.

Jean Cretien finally stepping down gives some hope for Canada.  having not heard what Paul Martin has to say about his stance on things and having yet to see his goverment in action.  Hopefully it will not be full of the bone brained antics of the Cretien Legacy. Like paying more to cancel an order of choppers for the fleet than it would have to just let the order be completed just because the last goverment had been the ones to order them.

"Let our enemies see us comming. Let them tremble at our approach. What have we to fear? We are Fear incarnate!" - Brother Hektor Char, Paragon city campiegn

"Bonus points for anyone that taunts the frog while the machine works"- Dr Devious vs Lincoln High

Give us a visit: http://www.battlefleet-fury.150m.com/

Offline Quentith

• What else would you expect?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2003, 11:46:32 PM »
i have no evidence backing this, but i feel strangely repelled from what any future could bring. :(
The real reason to collect Dark Eldar - if they fall on the floor the sharp bits hurt when your opponent steps on them

Offline Colonel Tangerine

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2003, 11:48:26 PM »
i have no evidence backing this, but i feel strangely repelled from what any future could bring. :(

Me too. I'm paranoid the west will lose it's Hegemony. We may do stupid things, but I'd still much rather see a Westen hegemony than a Chinese hemony...

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I miss EO.

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2003, 02:37:33 AM »

You really need to brush up on your sarcasm detection skills.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Admiral Brea

• People say I look like Liam Neeson?!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2003, 03:36:14 AM »
Sarcasm has better Stealth technology that an F-117.

I predict that I wont be around to see the future.
"Out of ammo, out of food, out of water, out of luck, out of range of communication, out of time, out of options, out in the open, out of our neith'ka minds."
Archon Kijayle - EO

"I didn't give up smoking, I didn't give up drinking, and I didn't give up adultery, so you can forget me giving up this planet to those damn Tyranids!"
Admiral Brea - 40K.ca

"When you're going through hell, keep going!"
Faye - Exterminatus.net

Offline Sheepz

• Ancient
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2003, 09:30:23 AM »

You really need to brush up on your sarcasm detection skills.

My apologies, but a computer neither conveys emotions or tones of voice. You could be deadly serious for all I know...