News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153817 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 3, 2011, 08:14:21 AM »
Well, I would say welcome to the green side, but you've been here a while, and your already in the bank account. Thanks for taking care of the details, and welcome aboard.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Quasarcq

• Ork Boy
  • Lord Nautilus, Master of the Sea Stallions
« Reply #41 on: March 3, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »
I think this is the place... sign me up! Ready to start earning teef... or smashing them.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #42 on: March 4, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »
Welcome to the Green Side  :)

Your name has been added to the Bank Account and will soon be on the first page of this thread. Make sure to check out the ork bootcamp (up there in the stickies) and near the start of this thread is now a FAQ. Make your self at home, and welcome to the mob.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Massaen

• Ork Boy
  • Worlds End Radio Host!
« Reply #43 on: March 4, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »
Ah HA!

Founf faces of the WAAAGH but not this!

Getting into the Orks for the first time - the stickies have been brilliant help so far!

Nearly finished painting my first 12 boyz as well!

The stars once lived and died at our hands and yet you still defy us? Foolish Mon Keigh, you are all doomed...

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #44 on: March 4, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
At last, you have taken the final step to join the mob. Again welcome to the green side. You should see your name in the members list soon. Congrats for joining the best ork forum in the world wide web.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #45 on: March 4, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
adamscurr, Quasarcq, and Massaen welcome aboard.  You have been added to our ranks.  Over the next few weeks you can expect to see a title change to your name. 

Always good to have a few more greenskins.

I would also like to congratulate Skeetergod on being the Ork Poster of the Year for 2010.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2011, 05:01:52 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
  • WotW-Ork Elite: Mekboy with Big shoota
  • Armies: Da Orkz
« Reply #46 on: March 4, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »
just getting into Orks, Ive had some sets for awhile but never did anything with them until recently. Now the ramshackle vehicles and mindless destruction coupled with hilarious fluff and rules appeal to me.

so starts WAAAGGH! Kogtoof.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #47 on: March 4, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »
Kogtoof welcome aboard.  Orks are very unlike any other army in that the craziness and cool creations you can use in your army.  I love the pure conversions and the fact that you can make any vehicle very orky. 

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #48 on: March 5, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
just getting into Orks, Ive had some sets for awhile but never did anything with them until recently. Now the ramshackle vehicles and mindless destruction coupled with hilarious fluff and rules appeal to me.

so starts WAAAGGH! Kogtoof.

Welcome to the Green Side. You will see your name added to the bank account on the next update. (I update it every Monday) You will find the orks are extreemly addictive, so don't fight it, just accept the addiction and roll with it. 

Now, have I ever mentioned to you that I am a kult of speed member? If not, then we need to speak of getting you into a nice speed freak army....

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
  • WotW-Ork Elite: Mekboy with Big shoota
  • Armies: Da Orkz
« Reply #49 on: March 5, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
Now, have I ever mentioned to you that I am a kult of speed member? If not, then we need to speak of getting you into a nice speed freak army....

I prefer using lots of boyz with a few bigga wagons. I just recently finished a 1500 point all-infantry guard army with no vehicles whatsoever so i want to stay close to that but with a few cool vehicles because they look great and are easy to convert.

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
« Reply #50 on: March 7, 2011, 03:40:28 AM »
3 bat-reps from Saturday's tourny:  http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=211770.0

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #51 on: March 7, 2011, 08:24:43 AM »
Good work, shows them other players that the orks really don't lose. Now thats 6 teef for you, and I left a comment on the batrep thread.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #52 on: March 7, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »
The bank account is updated, you will see a lot of members got some teef this month. Some are busy doing batreps and articles, and others got their teeth from the Febwaaghry campaign that closed today.

We are a 43 members, and growing. This is a good sign, it means our plans of world domination can soon be put into place.

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
« Reply #53 on: March 7, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »
can i be a part of the ork board asap
To see more check out my blog

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #54 on: March 8, 2011, 10:12:18 AM »
can i be a part of the ork board asap

Absolutely, welcome aboard.  You will be added to the list when I do the updates over the next day or two. 

***UPDATE***  our page has been updated to include the Feb-waagh-ry Campaign, congrats again to Moc065 who was our winner and got a lovely ammo runt added to his equipment. 

Also included was Skeetergod's great tactica on the green baron (hope to see it as an article soon).
« Last Edit: March 8, 2011, 11:30:42 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »
On a totally unrelated note, I would like to ask everyone what they would like to see for the next ork campaign? With a little feed back from you all we will make the summer campaign the best in the WoTW history.

What will compell you to want to play and post batreps?

This is important as the summer campaign is to be a cross-board campaign where we fight battles against another forum, like we did with the Knuckles on Necrodermus campaign. For those of you who weren't here we played against the necron board, each side posting batreps and fiction, pictures of models, and so on.

So, what would you like to see that will get you all to play, and post about it? Special missions? Painted armies? More teeth? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
well i must say i dont like the different "rounds" requiring you to add extra points to the list, especially people like me who can only get in one game a week with a quite low points limit. Other than that, i like em how they are, keep up the good work :)

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 04:05:52 PM »
On a totally unrelated note, I would like to ask everyone what they would like to see for the next ork campaign? With a little feed back from you all we will make the summer campaign the best in the WoTW history.

What will compell you to want to play and post batreps?

This is important as the summer campaign is to be a cross-board campaign where we fight battles against another forum, like we did with the Knuckles on Necrodermus campaign. For those of you who weren't here we played against the necron board, each side posting batreps and fiction, pictures of models, and so on.

So, what would you like to see that will get you all to play, and post about it? Special missions? Painted armies? More teeth? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Well February was a short month to begin with so that really didn't help and I had a lot of personal stuff going on as well. 

Honestly the biggest problem for me is getting a game in a week...  it is absolutely impossible with my schedule.  A game every two weeks is a lot more doable.  So that will be the biggest suggestion I can make. 

Special missions are hit and miss.   like the other large online campaign a few years ago and the KoN campaign a big thing is the competition amongst other boards.  The fact that your game effects the outcome of your team does have an impact.  Which both other campaigns had that in them. 

Playing in a certain points level is also a huge boost as most people have a certain amount of models.  Having different people playing in different sections based on their points is a good thing.

Painted armies....  i dunno about that.  Playing orks (especially horde orks) is a lot of models to have everything painted and in most cases is not or should not be a requirment.  (considering one boyz squad can be 30 orks and for some armies that is more or as many infantry models as their whole army)  If anything I think this will limit the amount of players if it is the criteria.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »
So far we have consistant point level, so have people sign up under a "sector" which covers size limits. Let us say a 1k sector, a 2k sector, and a 3k sector. Sector 1 are games 1k or less, sector 2 are games 1k to 2k, and so on.

Then we have a two week period to get and report a game for your sector.

Good input so far, so my fellow orks; what else?

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 05:30:38 PM »
First off I'm not really sure how the campaigns work, like do I play you guys somehow or find willing people here to play me or what?

That aside I kinda like the painted army thing you could make it like the sector thing where you get points or whatever for different categories like fully painted, half painted and so on and so forth, people with say 10% army painted would have their army appearance "show" against the others in that category.

But not knowing for sure how it works, I have serched for examples, I can't be for sure what else to add. If we do plays games at local clubs then I say special scenarios is always fun we can always print them out to show our opponent to agree to. The guys I play with are always more than willing to do something new and different, a change of pace from the Dawn of War/Annihilation

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting