News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: spawning scarbs from spyders  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Halfpast_Yellow

• ##Don't run! We are your friends!##
Re: spawning scarbs from spyders
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 05:12:17 AM »
No no, I never said Mixed armour trumps Torrent of fire. The two are perfectly compatible IMO, and MA rules don't specify that ToF is overruled.

But, it fairly obviously will trump page 27.

MA rules pg 76 say the normal casualty removal and armour save rules are modified, as per the text that immediately follows.

You follow the MA rules always for MA units. And, once you've rolled, say, your 5+ saves, and failed however many, they can't be applied to a 3+ save creature - Unsaved wounding hits must be applied against models with the same armour type that was used for the save'.

Note the pg 27 rule contains the amendment '...where possible'. This would be one of those times where it is not possible to follow the rule.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 11:26:52 AM »
Ok, so the unit would have a wound due to ToF on the sypder to make an armor save. 
And, the rest of the wounds go onto the scarabs majority armor.  And if 3 wounds are caused, then a base is dead.

Just feels weird 'spreading out' wounds. But I see it now.

My 2 Cents.

If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Khodexus

• BANNED Spammer - Mods simply don't understand
  • I guess I'm just safest not posting anything...
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 06:04:39 AM »
You know, it's convoluted rules webs like this which make me glad they don't put mixed wound/save units together very often.
Current Projects: Necrondus – the Lost City, Codex: Dark Eldar – Revised.  C&C appreciated.

Dark Eldar Poster of the Year 009.M3 (2009)
BANNED spammer 010.M3 (2010)