News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: RT Marines  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Fold

• Take me to bed or lose me forever
    • You Will Not Be Missed
Re: RT Marines
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 09:35:12 AM »
Is the RT era the time of the Arstartes legions, before the heresy of Horus? That would explain the lack of eagles..

Indeed it is.

Unfortunately i dont have those transfers and painting is most definitely not my strong suit...might be interesting...

Perhaps if you ask around people will send them, or do a bits swap or something. I'm pretty sure I've got a whole load of them - you don't have any spare plasma cannons by any chance do you?  :)

What colour grey do you think would be good?

Erm, a mid grey.  :)  Sorry, I'm not too hot on all the GW colours as I tend to mix many colours including grey, and use vallejo a lot too.

What would you think the ABSOLUTE EASIEST way to do these would be?

Well, aside from just painting them blue...

Blue over a black undercoat, leaving black in the recesses, followed by a lighter blue highlight on the edges of the plates.

Grey/metal over the pipes and gun leaving black in the recesses.

White the studs, white reflection on the eyes, add transfers, base it, varnish it and you're done.

Offline Nicolai Gørtz

Re: RT Marines
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 03:38:42 PM »
In Realms of Chaos from 1990, there´s a pencil drawing of Ultramarines; left shoulder pad, legs beneath the knees and helmet(!) are studded. Right shoulder pad has a trimand a big upturned V painted on. The drawing are also printed in "The art of Adrian Smith"

EDIT: Codex Angels of Death has the same drawing and I therefore presume that it does not belong to the RT era..?!? Sorry for the mix-up!
« Last Edit: October 1, 2006, 06:15:03 AM by Nicolai Gørtz »