News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1250pts friendly  (Read 414 times)

Offline Pathofskulls

1250pts friendly
« on: August 15, 2006, 08:40:36 AM »
hq:
3 warriors- adrenal sac, extended carapace, leaping, scything talons/rending claws- 120
3 warriors- enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, scything talons, 2 deathspitters, venom cannon-118

elite:
3 warriors- enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, scything talons, 2 devourers, barbed strangler-109
lictor- 80

troops:
8 genestealers- extended carapace- 160
2*8 termagants- fleshborers- 96
2*8 hormaguants- 160
3 rippers- leaping- 42

fast:
ravener- scything talons/rending claws- 40

heavy:
gunfex- enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, barbed strangler, venom cannon- 163
carnifex- reinforced chitin, tusked, scything talons. crushing claws- 143

ive got 19pts left not sure what to use it for, how well do you think this list will do my typical enemies are eldar, necrons, and dark angels, none of the lists are really tank heavy, the dark angel player has two tanks and a dreadnought, but thats what the rending claws are for, any comments sugestions are welcomed. and i dont have any more models...

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: 1250pts friendly
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:44:51 AM »
I would cut back the points on the Warriors.  They're never going to be uber-killy regardless of the upgrades you give them.  I think Extended Carapace is a good choice, I see them as Synapse Creatures with almost 10 Wounds.  Center your lesser creatures around the Warriors and use the extra points to buy more little gribblies like Hormogaunts.

With Devourers, your Ravener could be a forelorn hope for taking out a Basilisk or a Mortar Team that's irking you.  Or, do you intend to run the Ravener down the board rather than Deep Strike?

Keep in mind that Rippers do not move as Beasts when they have Leaping, they just get the one special move.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
Re: 1250pts friendly
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 02:04:24 PM »
I think the most important thing here is the need for more gaunts. 16 gaunts in total is not nearly enough. Drop a few warriors (or better, consolidate them into bigger units to make them more durable) and replace them with lots and lots of walking wounded.

Otherwise a perfectly reasonable list, save for the solitary lictor. Find it a friend, or better yet, drop it and get something better.
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*