News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Converting Some Sort of Plastic Marines to Grey Knights  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Converting Some Sort of Plastic Marines to Grey Knights
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2009, 05:28:57 PM »
What about the Black Templar Sword brothers? Don't they come with a bunch of pistols and Special weapons?
They're metal though. And those Lightning Claws (while being equipped on the sexiest Black Templar model EVER...) don't come off easy. Nor are they cheap ;)

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
  • "What can I say? It's not my cup of tea."
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »
Turns out I was thinking of the Black Templar Upgrade Spruce.

Sadly that spruce is $30 a pop, doesn't come with the bits to make full marines, and the pistols are covered in chains. Meaning there not ideal for making into storm bolters.

Judging from here:
http://store.miniwargaming.com/product/warhammer-40k-black-templars-chapter-upgrade.html

You get 10 pistols and 2 of each special weapon?

I think the Assault Mariens may be your best base.

Edit:
Battle Wagon Bits
Assault marien Pistols

Scout Pistols

You could get 10 Marines pistols to make the 1st 5 storm bolters. Then using left over hands make the next 5 from cheaper scout bolt pistols.

The other option:
http://www.thewarstore.com/product27033.html

Get 10 Termi storm bolters, get 10 assault marine pistols.

Just some more ideals/choices. counts on how much time/money you want to spend.

« Last Edit: May 7, 2009, 10:14:46 PM by Lucky_Jackal »

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2009, 03:45:25 AM »
It would be nice if I could get storm bolters on regular arms...still, I think my best option are the veterans, I only really want to start with 5 Grey Knights anyway. Upgrade sprues don't seem to have everything I want, and have a lot of things I don't.

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
« Reply #23 on: May 8, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »

hate to throw this out there.. but if you used a few things on those spruze.. you could easly trade what you didnt need for the parts your looking for..there seems to be no short supply of people wanting SOMETHING off those spruzes..but not wanting to buy the whole thing for every thing they dont..much like you... maybe find someone esle interested in some of the stuff in them...and go in on a box..spilt the costs..

also..have you tryed green stuff molding? lil stuff like the GK shoulder pads would be easy and cost effective enough. also lots and lots of green stuff purity seals..( if you cant green stuff them yourself..they too are easly molded.)

also.. i have used the bolt pistle to make arm mounted stormbolters..works great!

good luck..and get us some pics man!!!

OIC

Offline Raven

« Reply #24 on: May 8, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
I'll repeat myself...

SPACE WOLVES

Comes with the parts to make 10 basic marines with pistol and CCW, plus an upgrade sprue.

I cant imagine theres a box with better prospects for what you want to do.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #25 on: May 8, 2009, 07:01:33 PM »
@O.I.C: I have plenty of purity seals at my disposal, so I won't need to mould or green stuff them. I have looked at the upgrade sprues, but I don't think I'd make my money out of it. Unfortunately, no one plays Black Templars that I know, and I'm not sure how useful these bits would be to anyone else.

I have seen green stuff moulding attempted, but failed. I'm not sure I'd be up to it since I have never actually used green stuff before. I have very limited funds to work with, too, and I'd rather not be buying the shoulder pads, I'm sure purity seals and other things I can scrounge up will be suitable. Yes, I will try to have some picks up, but I will not be starting this project for at least another month.

@Raven: I did look at the Space Wovles too, but I'm not sure they're what I want either. The Dark Angels veterans are really appealing to me, I love the robes and hoods :) Thanks for the suggestions though guys.