News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Long Island, New York  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Trent Brooks

• I'm not a llama... really.
Long Island, New York
« on: March 25, 2002, 05:23:01 PM »
New 40K player here, about to lose his roommates to that most evil of places... Canada.  *grr*

So I'm looking for anyone on Long Island that plays 40K and would like to meet up to play, maybe paint some.  I'm very new... I have all of 2 and 4/2 models painted.  (Yeah, four half-finished ones.) ;P

I'm in Patchogue now, in Suffolk County, but don't mind driving some.  I'm also right next to the LIRR, so getting into the City is no problem either.

Shova Ukos

Re:Long Island, New York
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2002, 12:39:16 PM »
Hey I live in east northport. I game a lot at a store called Empire Games. What army do you play?

Offline Trent Brooks

• I'm not a llama... really.
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2002, 06:35:27 PM »
Where is East Northport?  It sounds familiar, but I can't tell if that's west or east on this long island.  (Cute, huh?)  ;)

I play Eldar... or I would if I could ever manage to get the gosh darn things painted.  They're so teeny... and in so many pieces!  Argh!

*laughs*  It's all good, though.   ;D

Offline dijinn

• I *Love* Harlies!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 01:17:44 PM »
If you can make it into Manhattan, there is a Games Workshop store on 8th street.  40k is played twice a week... Tues & Thurs.  I usually show up one of those days (usually 4-8 players show up) and I also always play Mordheim which is played Fridays.

Also, if you've ever heard of Neutral Ground (on 26th street) they have 40k gaming every Wednesday.  Usually, around 8-12 people show up for that.  But I gotta warn you, Neutral Ground does charge to play... $7/day or a monthly pass for $25.

Anyway... if you show up at either of those 2 places, you'll meet a bunch of people who also play outside of the shops.  I'd love to get out there and play some 40k but, like most city people... I don't have a car... nor do I want to own one (at least while I'm still living in the city).

- J.