News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3 more chaos marines for the month  (Read 2494 times)

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
3 more chaos marines for the month
« on: January 26, 2009, 04:01:53 AM »
I got 3 more painted for the month, though I should be start job hunting pretty soon.

Here's my Emperor's Children

Here's a Chaos Assault Marine I want to see how it look rather than paying $$$ for some limited modeled raptors.  I wish they have the plastic multi-part version, but alas they be the few models that GW will continue to produce despite its age.

Lastly, just for fun, I've taken a picture of the 4 cult marines.  Man, my 2 year old Thousand Sons model looked so "not great" compared to the recently finished ones.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Re: 3 more chaos marines for the month
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:20:19 PM »
Your new Noise Marines are looking very sharp. They look great, are you planning on expanding them into a true Noisemarine force with Sounds Weapons?

As for the "Raptors" I think the assault marines look like a good cross over. Besides the Red Corsairs are former loyal marines it would make sense that they would make their raptors out of current Assault Marines with some slight changes. Its good work dude! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the force. Good Luck!
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Unholy Worm

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:29:34 AM »
I like the noise marines, very neat work, same thing goes with the others! Raptor looks stunning too, nice way to convert them.
How are you painting the gold areas, my guess is shining gold over yellow?
A wise man never fears, a man afraid does not thinck!

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:03:38 AM »
I like the noise marines, very neat work, same thing goes with the others! Raptor looks stunning too, nice way to convert them.
How are you painting the gold areas, my guess is shining gold over yellow?

Shining gold over beastial brown.  You only need one layer and it leaves off a nice dark gold with gold shine.

Offline SkullyChaos

• Hook Em' Horns!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:13:43 AM »
I always like seeing your models. They look great.

Just a quick question about your bases, are they just painted, or did you put something on top of them before you glued the models? I like them alot.

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 04:02:57 AM »
Just a quick question about your bases, are they just painted, or did you put something on top of them before you glued the models? I like them alot.

I wanted stoned floor themes on my bases so I searched online and multiple forums when I come across this.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=105494

I also use this theme if I were to use the older non-nippled bases.  I'm saving my old round bases for infantry to make it seem consistent.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=97367

Offline SkullyChaos

• Hook Em' Horns!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
That second method is fairly simple, and looks really good. Thanks!

Offline dustermaker

• No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
Looking really good, as always!  I love how you didn't clutter up the EC marine like some people do.
HURRY MAN BEFORE THERE IS STILL TIME!!!!

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Space_Marine_Chapters
Link to chaos/loyal chapters with fluff/pics/color schemes etc...

Offline automaton88

« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
awesome work.  How do you get that fine of highlighting on the edging and what did you do to get that pink.

I want to get a forgeworld slaanesh dread, but want to get the painting down right first.
I don't process the stuff in my head I just regurgitate it!

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #9 on: February 1, 2009, 02:17:31 PM »
You paint so damn well. I hate it ;)

Fantastic as always Mr. E

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #10 on: February 1, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
awesome work.  How do you get that fine of highlighting on the edging and what did you do to get that pink.

For the highlighting, I just use a 0/3 brush and just line codex grey along the edges.  Then, if I feel that the lines are too thick, I just use chaos black and line it down again to correct it and make it thinner.  If you want to use it on a vehicle, like your dread, then I'd suggest lining up with 70:30 Codex Grey and Chaos Black.  Then make even thinner lines on areas where light will shine the edges the most with just Codex Grey.  This simple idea will make your dread stand out against other "black" themed dreads, like Black Templars *whistles*.

The pink for my Emperor's Children, which I think I need to improve upon it, is merely heavy-metal standard (which a lot of people either don't like or not impressed by it).  The base coat is Warlock Purple.  Then I use Tentacle Pink (a discontinued color) as the 2nd base ,leaving some warlock purple as shadow points to the armour edges.  Lastly, I just blend upwards between the ratios of Tentacle Pink and Skull White.

Offline automaton88

« Reply #11 on: February 1, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »
I was afraid it was tentacle pink.  I however did find that vallejo makes a comparable pink.
I don't process the stuff in my head I just regurgitate it!