News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 74009 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Killersquid's Projects : Talons of the Emperor
« Reply #260 on: November 8, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »
G'day Killersquid and Drah!
Like the look of 30K, however, cannot afford another addiction/hobby. Same for AoS.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #261 on: November 9, 2017, 07:25:22 PM »
Lovely Talons Killersquid ;) I especially like the redhead SoS :) the Sigmar Priest conversion (he is a sigmar priest isn't he?) is a really nice little touch too.

G'day Killersquid and Drah!
Like the look of 30K, however, cannot afford another addiction/hobby. Same for AoS.

Tell me about it. I've got enough ideas to make my way through without delving into cannibalistic Wood Elves and Lost Legions of Biomancers and other such ideas I could quite easily run away with...
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2018, 09:03:42 AM »
Well, I became tired of my Custodes looking the same as everyone elses, so I decided to dirty them up a bit, for better or for worse. I think they are much more interesting now.

I also painted up an Inquisitor Greyfax to lead my force, until I get a real HQ choice (soon).

Also, I finished my getting started box of Flesh Eater Courts. Only a bunch more ghouls to go.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »
L.O.V.E it! It's like you sent all B-movie with all the splatter gore. The rust is superb as well. You could just as easily use those guys as 'counts as' Khorne models now. Looking great.

The ghouls are superb too. I'm detecting a theme here. Did someone get some Blood for the Blood God paint for Christmas?  ::)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2018, 10:05:50 AM »
It is amazing how a touch of dirt/blood has added a lot of interest to what I normally find to be very boring aesthetic. In particular the guy without a helmet looks barbaric instead of angelic.

I too like the look of your Flesh Eater Courts in particular the cracked earth basing.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2018, 01:13:13 PM »
Nice touch, KS!
You've made your boys just that little more intimidating, and that court? They are blessed nice models and you've done them justice... Be well!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
Hell yeah muddy bloody dirty Custodes :) nice to see the high and mighty of Terra getting stuck in the dirt with everyone else ;)

Your Flesheater Court looks stunning too! Really striking colours. Great choice! :)

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2018, 04:02:33 PM »
L.O.V.E it! It's like you sent all B-movie with all the splatter gore. The rust is superb as well. You could just as easily use those guys as 'counts as' Khorne models now. Looking great.

The ghouls are superb too. I'm detecting a theme here. Did someone get some Blood for the Blood God paint for Christmas?  ::)

I've been a fan of that paint since it came out. The hardest thing is just resisting over doing it!

They wont ever count as Khorne models though. We just finished repelling a Khornate invasion of Terra. Time to take the fight back to the enemy!

It is amazing how a touch of dirt/blood has added a lot of interest to what I normally find to be very boring aesthetic. In particular the guy without a helmet looks barbaric instead of angelic.

I too like the look of your Flesh Eater Courts in particular the cracked earth basing.

Thanks! I was also feeling a bit board of the way they looked when they were clean. I'm looking forward to the new Custodian Guard releases.

The crackle paint GW sells is really good, I just find you need to paint it, or wash it in order to keep it from peeling.

Nice touch, KS!
You've made your boys just that little more intimidating, and that court? They are blessed nice models and you've done them justice... Be well!

Thanks!

Hell yeah muddy bloody dirty Custodes :) nice to see the high and mighty of Terra getting stuck in the dirt with everyone else ;)

Your Flesheater Court looks stunning too! Really striking colours. Great choice! :)

10 thousand years sitting in the palace is too clean. The Talons of the Emperor will strike wherever the enemy is!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2018, 07:13:01 AM »
Wow. That is quite the change in aesthetic for your Custodian Guard! Technically the finish is brilliant. I think that you have gone a little too far with the weathering, but that's purely my taste. The painting is excellent and it really looks like your Talons have been in the thick of the fighting.

I simply love the Flesh Easter Court though. Such a clean paint scheme with a brilliant finish. That Zombie Dragon is terrific. Having painted one a couple of years ago, I hope you attached the wings after painting and not before...they are such a pain!

Looking forward to seeing more units for your Talons now that the Codex is out and some new units are available.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Killersquid's Projects : Talons of the Emperor And Ghouls
« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2018, 09:24:13 PM »
Looking great. Phooey, just sold all my VC.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

• Ancient
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2018, 05:14:39 PM »
Hey all, been mostly just working on my Ghouls.

this is 1500pts, only need to finish 10 ghouls, and 6 crypt horrors to finish the force.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »
Woah they’re awesome!  I love the undead palor you’ve painted them up in!  Really nice work!  :)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2018, 06:20:53 PM »
Fantastic!
They are a mean looking force, Killer, and you've done them justice. Like the table as well, mate.
Well done on the basing. You'll have to give us a tutorial on how to create that effect. Oh and the blood pools? Niiiiice!

• Ancient
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2018, 06:34:29 PM »
Thanks folks. The bases are very easy. Agrellan Earth, with a wash of reikland fleshshade, and then the cracks drybrushed with zandri dust. I then glued on some skulls and patches of grass.

The blood pools, are just blood for the blood god painted ontop.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2018, 07:10:39 PM »
Pleasantly gorey. Nice job!
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2018, 07:26:35 PM »
Thanks, Killersquid!
Didn't even know this stuff existed. Is the perfect terrain for the Nids... Be well!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2018, 06:53:17 AM »
Wow! Amazing work KS. Truly grotesque... I love how pale everything is... and the blood effects are perfect. Its a real stark and striking paint job across the board. I love it!  The basing is fantastic too... really shows off the paint jobs. Man it makes me wish I had a Sigmar army. I'd love to fight against a force that looks like this. What an aesthetic! Great stuff KS keep it up. I'd love to see more of your stuff
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2018, 07:50:10 AM »
I can only agree with what everyone has already said Killersquid. Your Flesheater Court army looks amazing I particularly like how every model truly looks like it is made from bone.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Ancient
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
Pleasantly gorey. Nice job!

Thanks!

Thanks, Killersquid!
Didn't even know this stuff existed. Is the perfect terrain for the Nids... Be well!

The texture baseing paints are phenomenal, and make basing miniatures a lot easier (and not requiring glue and sand!)

Wow! Amazing work KS. Truly grotesque... I love how pale everything is... and the blood effects are perfect. Its a real stark and striking paint job across the board. I love it!  The basing is fantastic too... really shows off the paint jobs. Man it makes me wish I had a Sigmar army. I'd love to fight against a force that looks like this. What an aesthetic! Great stuff KS keep it up. I'd love to see more of your stuff

Thanks bud! You should play AOS, it's a great game!

I can only agree with what everyone has already said Killersquid. Your Flesheater Court army looks amazing I particularly like how every model truly looks like it is made from bone.

Thank you! They do like their bones (which are all picked clean of meat)!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
Ooh nice! These look really striking as a unified force :)