News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 88020 times)

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Killersquids Age of Sigmar and Emperor's Children
« Reply #140 on: August 1, 2016, 09:33:34 PM »
That is one sick army! It looks fantastic all together, especially with the portals as a back drop. I really like your colour choices, the metallic and red go really well together.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #141 on: August 2, 2016, 06:04:40 AM »
Outstanding painting.  You have certainly done Khorne proud.  The slightly darker red, in particular, has turned out very well.  The Bloodletters are very impressive as a result.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #142 on: August 2, 2016, 06:56:53 AM »
Damn man, this army is a real stunner. Crazy how nice it came out. Congrats on a truly legendary army KS. Love that you picked up the AoS terrain to complete the collection. Wow really, really nice stuff man.

I cannot wait to get into AoS. I was onboard as soon as it dropped but I'm even more excited now that the Generals Handbook has dropped. Such a cool and unique take on fantasy... strangely its feel very 70's/80's fantasy-retro in terms of setting with the bizarre factor turned all the way up which I love.

Anyway bud the paint jobs are spectacular, this is exactly what you think of when you envisage the mighty servants of the Throne of Skulls!

EDIT: BTW I favorited your video and will watch it. Look for a comment by me :)
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #143 on: August 2, 2016, 08:09:17 AM »
Thanks everyone! It's been a lot of fun to work on the army. I have a small unit of bloodcrushers I've just finished and now I need to start getting more mortal Khorne models, so I can use some of the warscroll battalions.

I've played six games with the handbook so far, and they've all been great games and pretty close too. It's been a blast. I love how nothing in AoS is invincible. One of my favourite moment so far, is an Ogre Thundertusk wiping out one of my units of blood warriors, and then their attacks from 'No Respite' killing the thundertusk in return! (whenever blood warriors die in combat, they get to immediately pile in and attack before they are removed).

Also, Chaos is currently crushing all opposition at my FLGS during the season of war happening right now :)

« Last Edit: August 2, 2016, 08:15:59 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
Re: Killersquids Milliarium Tempestus and Getting Started Leauge
« Reply #144 on: September 5, 2016, 10:28:30 PM »
So, started a getting started league at my FLGS. I decided to start Millitarium Tempestus. Going to start playing games with a mission and league package I wrote, then eventually end up with 1500pt armies in a couple of months. One of the guys is playing Mechanicum, One is getting Tau and the other Necrons. Might be getting more joining in soon.

Built my new models, started applying paint.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #145 on: September 6, 2016, 07:35:42 AM »
Hey KS glad to see some new models! They look promising already. I've heard really good things about Scions. Somewhat niche, but are more well-rounded and competitive than say Harlequins. They do quite well in Maelstrom games due to their deepstrike ability.

Had a 5-man unit wipe out one of my Jetbike units last Thursday, and my brother has really wrought havoc on units like my Dire Avengers holding backfield objectives, and nuking a few Wave Serpents in the past as well.

Anyway really interested to see the development of this new army and see what your paint scheme looks like. Anyway keep it up!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

• Ancient
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2016, 03:28:41 PM »
Hey KS glad to see some new models! They look promising already. I've heard really good things about Scions. Somewhat niche, but are more well-rounded and competitive than say Harlequins. They do quite well in Maelstrom games due to their deepstrike ability.

Had a 5-man unit wipe out one of my Jetbike units last Thursday, and my brother has really wrought havoc on units like my Dire Avengers holding backfield objectives, and nuking a few Wave Serpents in the past as well.

Anyway really interested to see the development of this new army and see what your paint scheme looks like. Anyway keep it up!

Thanks bud. There are a few of us at my LGS who will be building armies together, starting with just the contents of the getting started boxes, and building to 1500pts. So far we have Militarium Tempestus (me), Tau, Skitarii, Nurgle Daemons, Necrons and a fellow is starting grey knights (we agreed on what would be fair based on the other boxes).

Looking forward to bulding! I created the missions and points for the league and there are more points for building and painting units, so Hopefully folks are encouraged to actually paint their stuff lol.

I'm getting in my first game with my Hellrain Brigade formation tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to an Age of Sigmar Tournament on the 2nd of October, so I'm excited for that.

Here is the finished models (besides the bases)

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »
Absolutely awesome paint job Killersquid!  :)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2016, 07:21:29 AM »
Wicked nice paint jobs KS. Wow that Taurox (which I've always liked) looks awesome as well. Love the red on the roof and on the missile rack. Really really nice color balance. Gotta see some close-ups of the Scions when you get a chance. They look really really nice though. I like the blue power cord on their hotshots too.

Great stuff as always KS. Glad you and your gamer buds are having embarking on the new army venture together. Keep it up!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »
Wow, they are looking pro!
Love the colour scheme, I attempted a very similar scheme for my Inquisition army a few years back, you've pulled it off much better than I did though!  8)
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

• Ancient
Re: Killersquids Militarium Tempestus
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:23 AM »
Thanks folks!

Played the first two league games last night with the Tempestus Scions.

We are for this month in our league playing with only the contents of the getting started boxes and the formations included inside.

Played two games against my buddies Tau (took about an hour to play two games).

We played missions from our league mission pack, so the first game was assassinate. To win, your warlord needed to live, while your opponents warlord was dead.

Started off well for me, with me pinning his fire warriors with the 'pinning
' warlord trait (lol). Then, I caused his fire warriors and ethereal to run off the table from shooting casualties. However, the Crisis Suits deepstruck down and shot up the Taurox and the Scion Command squad. The commissar was going to be shot to death by the suits, so I charged in! (for the Emperor!). The Commissar was bludgeoned to death, but not before he took a suit down with him.

Game was a tie!

Second game was cleanse. Controlling more table quarters.

I rolled master of ambush warlord trait, so I was able to infiltrate everything. His suits didn't come in until turn 4, so I was able to shoot the amphetamine parrot out of his firewarriors (almost ran off the table again ha ha). I then spread out to all four quarters. He was able to kill off the commissar and the command squad, meaning we both controlled two quarters (another tie).

Two very exciting and fun games!

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2016, 08:56:26 AM »
Your paint jobs look even better on the board! Great job pulling off draws against your opponent. I always find it much more enjoyable when games are close, than when you get a complete blowout. Sounds like those games were a lot of fun.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2016, 01:31:46 PM »
Great pictures as always of your force in action :).  The table look as though it was enjoyable to play on as well.  Closely fought battles are also a lot of fun, so it looks as though a great time was had by all :).

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2016, 07:20:32 AM »
There ya go KS. Off to a good start! Congrats on the good games. Loved your Comissar took down the Commander in combat, even if it was a pyrrhic victory. Models looked great as well. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to more :)

• Ancient
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »
Thanks folks!

My force is going to be at a small disadvantage in this stage of the league, as the Scions getting started box is maybe around 100pts less than the others. When it's 400pts vs 500pts it can make a bit of a difference! I made the missions so that they can all be possible to win regardless. I just need to me more cagey with my deployment and take full advantage of my armies formation.

I used the Aggean Earth texture paint for my dudes bases, and it looks great! I'll taker pictures to show that off later.

Played against Matt last night vs his Necrons!

The mission we played was Night Fight, it's the exact same as cleanse, but night fight rules are in effect the whole game!

So, he had a trick Stalker, unit of Necron Warriors, three Scarabs and an Overlord. I had the warlord trait allowing me to infiltrate, so I infiltrated away from the stalker to shoot him. Predictably, he charged me and killed everything with the overlord lol. In hindsight, I should have just outflanked instead and just tried to avoid his overlord and went for table quarters (maybe just feeding him my scion squad, as I could recycle them). The Commissar was a hero and killed the unit of scarabs and killed half the necron warriors before he was eventually drowned down in weight of attacks lol. I was tabled, so Necron victory!

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2016, 09:51:53 PM »
Picked up some more scions. All I need is a Vaylkre and I have 1000pts!

15 more scions to paint, and two turox's. I gave one the gattling cannon, as it seems like a lot of fun!

My 1000pt army will look something like this.

Scion Command squad
x3 hotshot vollyguns, medic, power wepon on Tempestor Prime

x2 scion squads with x2 meltaguns. One with a powerfist, other with gatling taurox

x2 scion squads with x2plasma, each with a missile taurox.

vaylkrye with heavy bolters and missile pods.

Also, finished basing on the first batch with the aggean earth texture paint. Looks really cool, so I bought two pots.

Also, I spent a couple of evenings making some terrain.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:55:05 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2016, 02:24:52 AM »
That's a killer army and some sweet terrain!  Very well done! :)

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2016, 05:36:25 AM »
The terrain looks great :).  I especially like those small clusters of trees, which would be great for both 40K and Age of Sigmar, and the ruins.  You've done a particularly good job with those.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2016, 07:05:46 AM »
Fantastic stuff as always KS. Love the terrain... nice big pieces, good LOS blocking. Cheers on building up your army so quick! Also wow... such a nice paint job on the Scion. I love the red under armor. Never would have thought to do that... its so instinctual to put the brightest, boldest color on the most prominent parts of the model, but this choice gives them a very dark and sinister effect that I really like. Almost an Inquistorial look which is awesome.

Anyway great stuff man I love it!

• Ancient
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2016, 03:27:40 PM »
I do plan to add an Inquisitor (mostly for servo skulls and the sweet warlord traits). All my armies have dark schemes, I kind of like that lol.

I'm excited to use the new terrain. My LGS has a sever lacking in non-building LOS blockers, so I need to bring my own. Scrap wood from my workshop makes great giant rocks!

I really enjoyed building the Taurox and Scion kits, but I will never enjoy putting tracks together. I hate putting tracks together on tanks lol.

Already started the red basecoats on the models, so I'm going to see how it goes.

I kind of want to by one the realm of battle boards, instead of a FAT matt, as in order to used a FAT matt, I still need a board to put it on. The battle boards can fit on any dinning room table and could be easier to store. If I buy two sets, that's enough boards for three 4x4 tables would be great for small games. But, I first need to find enough local friends where that is worth it.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria