News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 87195 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: Killersquids Harlequins.
« Reply #60 on: June 9, 2015, 05:53:49 PM »
Man that's really a cool looking army on a intrestingly setup board. Seems like you had thought opponents but out think them, that's really the most intresting in part of 40k if you ask me :D keep those battle report coming ^^
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2015, 11:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the kind words :)

I had a game against the Necrons the other day. They tore me apart! I'll need more practice against them lol.

He had two large warrior squads, tomb blade, immortals, the lord who can change his warlord trait, canoptek harvest and two Doom Scythe and a Night Bringer.

He killed my solitare with the Night bringers shooting, I then killed his immortals and warlord turn 2 in combat with one of my troops. He then brought on his doom scythes and shot my whole army dead in pretty much one turn :P I didn't play very well. I had a chance to turn it around when I was charging his scarab and wraiths, but I failed a charge with my Sky weavers. Womp womp.

He basically had his whole army then against one death jester, one skyweaver and my void weaver.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2015, 05:37:03 AM »
Ithink that's one of the main flaw of the harlequins, they have no anti air what so ever. To make full use of harlquins i think including some eldar or drak eldar will be a necessity tournaments wise.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2015, 10:31:40 PM »
Alright, finished my 1750pt army. :)

]

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »

That is actually how I look right now looking at this army of yours.  Except with less fur of course!  ;D

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2015, 10:56:54 PM »
Fantastic work!  The diamond pattern you did turned out very well!  I look forward to seeing them at some point.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2015, 04:55:41 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That is actually how I look right now looking at this army of yours.  Except with less fur of course!  ;D

... nothing more to had !

• Ancient
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »
Thanks everyone :) Took a long time to get all these done. I am sort of happy I'm finished painting checkerboard patterns.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2015, 08:47:35 AM »
That army looks fantastic Killersquid :).  You've excelled yourself.  They're even better than your Blood Angels.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »
Thanks everyone :) Took a long time to get all these done. I am sort of happy I'm finished painting checkerboard patterns.
and that is why I only did it on characters lol.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• Ancient
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2015, 11:39:27 AM »
That army looks fantastic Killersquid :).  You've excelled yourself.  They're even better than your Blood Angels.

Thank you, that means a lot :)

and that is why I only did it on characters lol.

Yeah...I need a break from painting mini's for a bit... and I just stripped the paint from my blood angels..lol
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calindor

• Maybe yes, maybe no
  • Armies: Corsairs, Space marines, Chaos daemons of Nurgle
« Reply #71 on: February 2, 2016, 07:06:11 AM »
So any new progress or models since last time? :)

• Ancient
« Reply #72 on: February 2, 2016, 12:09:40 PM »
Yes actually :)

I finished a new starweaver, which I played in a game against space wolves with Dark Angel allies

and I'm working on a third starweaver and a second voidweaver

I have some pictures from the game. Getting ready for Adepticon so 1850. I didn't have my starweaver or Voidweaver bought yet, so I used an assassin to fill points.

Played Maelstrom. I was loosing hard on Maelstrom, but I won through tabling him.

He had some thunderwolf characters, two units of thunderwolves, the wolf flying transport, wolfguard with jump packs and lighting claws, and belial and deathwing terminators in a landraider redeemer.

I was able to stop damage to some of my units with Fog of dreams and invis, but I did most of my damage through getting a bunch of shots weakening things and then charging. He hovered the flyer and the solitare killed it in round round with glances from the caress ha ha.

I had one six man troupe in a starweaver outflanking, but they never even made it on the table, as the game ended turn three.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 2, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »
Fantastic work again Killersquid :).  The sleek nature of the Harlequin vehicles is definitely enhanced by your painting style.  They look truly impressive on the gaming table.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #74 on: February 2, 2016, 05:51:06 PM »
Beautiful looking army that you have there Killersquid. Really inspiring to see someone pull off such good results with Harlequins.

Think 2016 may finally be the time for me to tackle those tiny diamonds...
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Ancient
« Reply #75 on: February 2, 2016, 08:05:03 PM »
Thanks!

I decided to repaint all my vehicle hulls, as I didn't like the pattern on the bikes anymore and I want all the skimmers to be red instead of blue :)

Edit

And finished the basecoat of the pattern.

« Last Edit: February 2, 2016, 10:05:53 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: February 3, 2016, 04:46:51 AM »
Red nearly always trumps blue in my opinion too ;).  They look great.  Red and black is an excellent colour combination.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #77 on: February 3, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
The red and black was totally worth the change.  It's amazing.  8)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #78 on: February 4, 2016, 06:24:09 AM »
Wow Killersquid this army looks incredible! Absolutely classic and so well executed. Thats crazy that you stripped your vehicles, but hey Eldar always look better in red  8) lol.

I have to ask though, how did you table those DA/SW by Turn 3? Thats really something. Thunderwolves have always been a HUGE headache for me and I can only imagine they were doing shenanigans to give them hit and run through the DA. So if you could, how did you do it?

As I get ready to dive into making a bike retinue for my Corsair prince the Harlie bikes suddenly popped into my head and I've been thinking about using them so I'm trying to collect some in-game info on them. Any kind of breakdown you could give would be greatly appreciated. Anyway man your army looks absolutley awesome, cheers on the victory and looking forward to seeing more!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

• Ancient
« Reply #79 on: February 4, 2016, 08:49:13 AM »
Cheers, thanks!

I actually got the army facts confused after the fact, as my opponent was using proxies. He was running just space wolves, what I thought was Belial and deathwing, was Arjac and wolfguard terminators with lighting claws (lol). So, no hit and run shenanigans to deal with. Everything was WS 5, due to the great wolf detachment which negated my WS 5 a bit.

I did damage I could in shooting. Weakening wolf units with Shurkien Cannons from the Star weavers and Death Jesters. I was able to cast Fog Of Dreams, which helped negate one of his two thunder units a turn. His terminators charged one of my troupe and did a lot of damage, but I was able to get out of combat and then shoot/charge with my Skyweavers and the remains of that troupe (with my warlord).

Because of things like the terminators and the lighting claw jump pack wolf guard, his list was not too optimized. He had a few characters though running around and was winning handily on Maelstrom points due to his mobility. If I had not tabled him, he would have crushed me in maelstrom points.

Ravenguard I've fought a few times with some wins and some losses. In those games, I try to deal damage with Death Jester and leadership shenaniagans if I can. Getting a unit to -4 LD and me choosing the direction they run, can often lead a unit off the table. The issue is when they are fearless. I hope I get fog of dreams off on the more deadly units and try to bait charges with the bikes or a troupe. It's a hard game though, but if I get into combat, my units will do work.

Skyweavers are fairly good. They are very expensive and the zephyrglaves upgrades are more so. Their save is not very good, so you're relying on their two wounds more often then not. I find they are most useful staying back and doing damage with haywire cannons and then pulling into combat later on.

Thunderwolves are not too big of a concern for me. I have a lot of instant death and weapons which don't require strength to wound. So, it's just a matter of not getting charged (by a non-weaken
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria