News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Space Wolves  (Read 634 times)

Offline stevenrms

1500 Space Wolves
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »
not too sure how competitive this army list will be but thought it would be fun to play, really want to see how effective the thunderwolves are in particular, any comments would be greatly appreciated

Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Thunderwolf, Frost Blade, Storm Shield, 2 Fenrisian Wolves - 190
Wolf Priest - 100 ( goes with 9 man squad )
9 Grey Hunters - Plasma Gun, Rhino - 180
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Melta Guns, Rhino - 190
4 Thunderwolf Cavalry - 200
5 Thunderwolf Cavalry - 1 with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield - 310
5 Long Fangs - 4 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Twin Linked Lascannon - 180
5 Long Fangs - 4 Missile Launchers, Razorback - 150

Offline Swamp Rat

Re: 1500 Space Wolves
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:26:18 AM »
I'd drop the 4 man Thundwolf Squad, and split the other into a 2 man and a 3 man squad, and take another pack of Grey Hunters.

Admittedly, that's just a personal thing, i like to have 1 troop per 500 points, and i think you could benefit from the same. You've got such a heavy reliance on Thunderwolves that if a person knows how to fight them, you're going to have a lot of problems. They're essentially your back bone, and once you've lost them, all you can do is survive, and hope for a draw.

I'd drop the 4 man Thunderwolves, split the 5 man into a pack of 2 and a pack of 3, have 3 rhinos with Grey Hunters, the Long Fangs, and stick the battle leader in with the 2 Man Thunderwolves, and have the Thunderhammer Storm Shield with the others. I'd also use the 10 points you'll have left to give the Battle Leader a Wolf Tooth Necklace, hitting on 3+ at s6? Yes please.

the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0