News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Imperial Guard, what do i need  (Read 642 times)

Offline Caz-man

• Newest
  • Make War And Love
Imperial Guard, what do i need
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »
Hey im not exactly new to the world of Warhammer 40,000 but new to these forums. I currently have a Space Marine Army (not that good of one) but IM is much more involved and i think is overall better than Marines.
I have the IM codex and i do plan to get a box of Guardsmen. But after that i was wondering where to go. My Brother (y2jfreak on here, i think, i no he is signed up, but he usually uses that name) says that i should go with a Juinior Officer or Senior Officer. I will eventually but its just a case of money as i dont have a job because damn Bluewater wont hire my age group  >:(
I would like to know what you would do, where you would go from there with the army, thanks.

By the way....Is it just me or was it very hard for me to sign up, because i must have tried about 16 different usernames and it kept saying they were in use. I think it was because of the password. Now i probly wont remember my password..
___....... ......._______/```````````````:::--..
|.==,-.~;. ____:._______ __’__’__’_ _ _\==
|................--:---:--:--‘---:,, ,,, ,,, ,,,:---: /=
`-.,.__._._,,...---:::"/

Offline crazyguy832

• Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Re: Imperial Guard, what do i need
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 06:42:01 PM »
Hey im not exactly new to the world of Warhammer 40,000 but new to these forums. I currently have a Space Marine Army (not that good of one) but IM is much more involved and i think is overall better than Marines.
I have the IM codex and i do plan to get a box of Guardsmen. But after that i was wondering where to go. My Brother (y2jfreak on here, i think, i no he is signed up, but he usually uses that name) says that i should go with a Juinior Officer or Senior Officer. I will eventually but its just a case of money as i dont have a job because damn Bluewater wont hire my age group  >:(
Save up, plain and simple.  Do jobs around your house, in your neighbourhood (lawns, driveways, etc. depending on the time of year), whatever kind of work you can find.  There's ALWAYS some place you can get work as long as you're 13 (and, if you're younger, well, playing 40K... *coughs repeatedly*).

I would like to know what you would do, where you would go from there with the army, thanks.

By the way....Is it just me or was it very hard for me to sign up, because i must have tried about 16 different usernames and it kept saying they were in use. I think it was because of the password. Now i probly wont remember my password..
HQ + 2 troop squads is the basis of EVERY army in the game.  After that you start expanding as you wish.  With the IG, I'd probably get another troop squad and some elites... after that expand into the heavy support.
Sometimes insanity is the sanest option...

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 06:49:55 PM »
SHAMELESS PLUG!!1.

Although I do suggest you read it, I wrote it for people just like you.

With almost 30,000 registered usernames, that happens.  However you can change your user name (although not your account name, you'll still need to know your original to log in) under Profile > Account Settings.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline alex34953

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:48:09 AM »
Dude,
I suggest read the codex inside and out, do your homework and have some mock fights on paper to see the effectiveness of your army. Otherwise you will spend more than you have to; which I believe you definitely want to avoid. I’m an Imperial Guard player since I started playing and I have spent a lot of money tweaking my army to the point it is now.

IMO, IG is a great “hold the line” defensive army, although I have seen IG armies used aggressively and mount an offensive posture, but the player is very seasoned with many years experience playing multiple armies. Don’t shy from having casualties and making speed bumps for lighting fast attack enemy units such as troops with jump packs, bikes and other crazy fast abilities. They can penetrate and fold your whole army if you do not plan thoroughly. Plan to have enough devastating firepower to make the other player buckle when they fall in your traps.
I don’t want to tell you what to buy, but most good IG armies I have seen have at least the following:
•   1 command squad with a heroic officer and commissar.
•   2 platoons (mixed with lascannons and auto cannons)
•   Fist squad
•   Elite veteran squad
•   Demolisher
•   Lehman Russ
•   Hellhound
•   Ratlings
•   Sentinels

Do your homework, don’t rush to the store and good luck!

Offline CamoGuard

• Give your guard doctirines!
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2006, 10:05:11 PM »
Plasma gun/missle launcher.  Then watch heaps of  marrines pile up.