News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 346895 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »
Necron... they seems to have been chosen as the eldar nemesis wich is nice. I could play with a necron ally at some point and i saw there power first hand that's something scary. If i was asked what would you bring vs necron i would have 2 main answers. 1 the crimson death formation as you suggested, against the list you were facing it would not have done much but well at least there i think i would field one of those (might be because i love flyer^^). And the other things would be spyder a real load of warp spyder. Like two squad of eight or something like this >< might be a bit over kill. But they have speed, incredible speed so to speak, vs some foot necron it should do the job and even against there vehicule, the light transport thing, does not have enought armor to resist a spyder barrage of shot.And as a bonus you wound on initiative wich if i recall isn't were necron excel.
I would probably concider a guardian ost and a autarch, with support of one wraithknight, one aspect formation of spyder and reaper for saturation shot (maybe some hawk too for obj grabing), some dire avenger shrine in there aswell. The crimson death formation, and may be an avatar in bonus for the fun of it and the fearless aura. Can annoy some of his unit in cc i think. Well that's all theoricaly with an eldar only list and i'm not sure i can field so many things within 1850 points.

The bikes are nice, I like the pose for the hand, make for some high speed high five^^
I guess the shadow isn't finished yet but so far i'm not into it. With the mask of a different color, same for the blade, and some further detailing it will surely look great. But for now there is way to much gold to my liking. The model is great though. It's still a wip so i should change my final words for later :)

Cheers
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #361 on: May 14, 2015, 01:42:09 PM »
@Irisado- Thanks Irisado glad you liked the pix. Hope you like the direction I'm taking the Void Dreamer in. I'm really pleased with it and its been fun doing the glassy effects. I agree with you about not needing a power build, especially against that list in particular. I do need to figure out a better scheme with my list though… I'm a little hampered by my collection of models at present too. A huge chunk of my collection is Rangers, Dark Reapers, 3x Wraith units, Wyches and a lot of other odds and ends that don't quite fit into the core of my list (Avengers in Serpents, Hornets, Nightwing and now the bikes). Warp Spiders, Harlies, Reavers, Bike Seers etc. are the direction I'm leaning in… but I think I need to continue dig into the book before I commit to anything (beyond Reavers which I have ready to go).

@ Grizzlykin- Thanks man! I agree with you on what units I need to look at. I've got kitbashes figured out for almost all the Aspects I just gotta play around on Army Builder and see what I can come up with because the options are out there.

Anyway I'm still trucking along on my hobby-progress. Busy on a big commission right now so I haven't been able to really make huge progress on anything but pleased on what I've got. Everythings still a work-in-progress so enjoy!

Stay tuned!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #362 on: May 14, 2015, 02:01:14 PM »
That red looks dope! Really nice on the jetbikes. Were those lines free hand or did you do a stencil? I'm thinking of doing something similar with my new farseer skyrunner

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #363 on: May 14, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
I really like what you did with that helmet there, on the void dreamer. How'd you do that?
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #364 on: May 14, 2015, 05:59:14 PM »
Forget everything i said about that void dreamer. It look really nice, this the blue + black stabilise everything together. Great work ^^ i'm looking forward to your kit bashing :D

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #365 on: May 15, 2015, 02:41:08 PM »
@Rx8- Thanks man! The lead bike was hand done, the second and third were done by masking off and priming the white stripes. Had to do a little touch up here and there but thats to be expected.

@Vonny- Thanks Vonny. I pulled off the helmet by painting the faceplate black, a little Enchanted blue down by the chin, black washed over it, left the edges of the blue area black washed but then painted Enchanted Blue again on the interior shape, and then a little Ice Blue highlight. Finished it off with good old 'Ard Coat. Glad you like it!

@Grizzlykin- Thanks man! The rest of the Harlies are in the process of being worked on....

@Everybody- More to come... stay tuned!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #366 on: May 15, 2015, 07:27:53 PM »
Awesome bikes!  ;D

Your stuff reminds me though that I really need to get my IG done.  I need to pull the finger out and stop playing Destiny. :P

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #367 on: May 19, 2015, 05:20:51 AM »
That Void Dreamer looks so good.  If an excellent quality paint job leads to on field success, then this character is never going to have a bad game.

As for the Jetbikes, they really do look imposing.  You've got those just right, in my opinion, in every respect.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #368 on: May 19, 2015, 07:08:05 AM »
@Tangi- Thanks bud! Yeah I totally want to see some more of your army. I told my brother about your force and he checked it out and totally digs it. He's gonna get on the forum and start posting so you guys can hopefully inspire each other. My brother just did a big re-organization of his models where previously his Hazardous Environment Shock Troopers were his Stormtroopers, and regular GW produced Infantry Squads counted as Veterans... he's shifted the Haz-Enviro Troopers to Vets, and the Infantry Squads are no longer Vets and simply Infantry Squads... all in anticipation of getting the new Storm Troopers and a Trio of Taurox... also a Colossus as well which scares me! I swear I'm gonna get on the boards and you guys can pow-wow Imperium style. :)

@Irisado- Thanks so much for the kind words I really appreciate it. I'm very happy about the way the Void Dreamer came out too. Thanks about the JB's as well. I've actually got a really nice list ready to go employing my Harlies (Cast of Players), a big unit of Reavers with my Autarch and Eldar Jetbikes. I'm really excited to try it out as its going to have a lot of CC which I think Eldar are going to need as 7th edition rolls on. This is going to be alternate build and one of those lists thats gonna have a learning curve but should be fun to play with.

I've got so many ideas about what direction I'm going to take my army. The Jetbikes are currently being painted, as are the Harlies and I've got a 10 man Corsair conversion kit and I'm going to use it to make the Dragons and finish my Scorpions as well. With all that completed I'll have about 3 different builds that'll be very cohesive. One will be that hardcore list that I used with the 6th edition book, the second will be a Windrider/Reaver/Harlie list and the other will be an infiltration force centered around the 20 Rangers (already painted BTW), Striking Scorpions, War Walkers, a single unit of Jetbikes some other sneaky units as well.

Very excited for the future of my collection as a lot of the odds and ends are finally getting reinforcements which should make for some synergistic combinations.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:09:10 AM by Cavalier »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #369 on: May 19, 2015, 08:23:15 AM »
20 ranger? Stricking scorpion? I'm no totally interested by how this list will perform because these are two unit i affection quite a lot ^^ never used them but they are on the buy list, especially the ranger:D so I'm really looking forwards to see how they do. Looking forward to this really intresting list you thought up:)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »
@Grizz- Yeah that build should a lot of fun to play. Its a force thats meant for specific campaign missions ala Recon, Infiltration etc. Its a force I've always wanted to play and have wanted to build as well.

@Everyone- Hey guys. Only got about an hour of work on my guys this week as I've been up to my eyeballs in commission work which still wont reach its conclusion till next friday. Things'll lighten up considerably at the point and I'll be able to really dive into my new units and models.

Still though almost finished another JB today. Put some cool squad markings on his arm which was a lot of fun and something I plan on doing for a lot of my models. Gonna try some thorns on one of my guys as well to reflect him being a renegade from Biel-Tan. Love all the new markings, and iconography brought forward in the new 'dex and plan on using it quite extensively.

Just a baby update but wanted to share. Stay tuned guys!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #371 on: May 22, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »
Well you do way in an hour than i do. Bikes looking good and intresting marking on the arm, i like it.
Custome campain huuu i should do one some day but don't plan on doing so until full army painted, i'm  really intrested into what you have up your sleeves^^ baby or  ot update is update ;) keep it coming.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #372 on: May 31, 2015, 12:54:59 PM »
@Grizz- Thanks buddy! Campaigns are not as hard as you think especially if you run any of the excellent campaigns offered by GW/FW. Very fun stuff can't wait to run some more myself.

After a grueling 2-weeks of commission work which has mercifully come to an end I finally got a chance to work on my army some more! These first 3 bikes are all but finished. The guy with the flail is the last guy requiring any work and then I'll be done with the 1st half of my squad.

I'm actually really enjoying painting these guys. They paint up super fast, and the new heraldry/marking examples in the new codex continue to inspire me. I love doing the freehand stuff now that I've got some good examples. Its really a lot of fun.

Sorry for the somewhat crummy photos. For some reason they are a bit blurry.

Also I started work on my Deathjester! He's gonna look cool, but he's in a pretty rough state after just putting a wash on him. I'll make sure to post photos later in the week. So stay tuned cool stuff is inbound.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #373 on: May 31, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
Sry to say this but i have no idea where you see it not finished ><  nice work they will be pretty cool on the field :D

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #374 on: June 1, 2015, 04:47:53 AM »
they look as ace as always, Cav. The small squad markings really brings personality in the unit, but what I probably like most is the amazing amount of depth you seem to have gotten in the red that's the front of the jetbike. For such a large and relativily smooth surface, that looks ace.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #375 on: June 1, 2015, 07:01:07 AM »
@Grizz- Thanks bud. Actually from the pix you can't see whats missing. I gotta paint the scatter laser, and some gold on the anti-grav ribbing under the cowling. Lol... not just being a paint snob nitpicking small details, there are actual parts on the underside that are unfinished

@Vonny- Thanks! I was actually wondering what you guys would think of the paint job on the cowling. GW's studio leaves it a single color but I wanted these to pop a bit more. I'm really glad you like it Vonny so thanks for leaving your thoughts as always it really is appreciated.

@Everyone- I've got a big re-match game against the Necrons this weekend. This is going to be a no-holds-barred game. My buddy Amar pulls no punches (but is a stellar guy so its all good!) I'm gonna bring the toughest list I can... but there are gonna be some surprises in there. I'm gonna try and paint 3 Reaver jetbikes and try and squeeze them into the list to throw a wrinkle at him. Once we agree on points (its in the works) it's gonna be all systems go! Anyway stay-tuned for some good hobby progress this week... the counts-as Death Jester/Shuriken Ace will be in my next update I hope you like him!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #376 on: June 3, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »
Hey gang. As promised some WIP pix of my Death Jester. Kinda crappy photos but you get the idea. Enjoy!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #377 on: June 3, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »
Omg that guy look freakin awesome! He really gives out this feeling of... i shall bring you death and you can't escape it! That really cool how the mask stand out with the other part of the mini's making it really heavy. And by heavy i mean even if the whole mini is relatively cheerful by it's color, that mask bring you in the tone the moment you look at it, splendide work man. Seriously an outstanding model that will bring fear in the opponents hearth!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #378 on: June 4, 2015, 11:57:34 AM »
You've done a great job on the Death Jester.  He looks scary and imposing.  The face mask is reminiscent of a character from an episode of Dr. Who from the 1980s.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #379 on: June 4, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »
@Grizz- Thanks man glad you dig him. Wasn't sure if I went overboard with the skulls but hey this Warhammer lol

@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado. Glad you like the mask, getting a good photo showing both halves has been the tough part!

@Everyone- Well I just finished modelling up the last of my JB's and I forgot butchered one of the pilots, so I had to cobble something together. Quite happy with how it came out... maybe a lone Harlequin last of his squad that just started tagging along enigmatically with my Corsairs.... Anyway enjoy!