News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330658 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #40 on: March 1, 2011, 08:54:13 AM »
Thanks for posting your comments I really appreciate it. My minis are languishing lately due to a bout of carpal tunnel, but the painting will resume shortly. Stay tuned for more action.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dawnlight Avenger

• Infinity Circuit
    • Bryan Maynard - Sculptor
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Tau, Imperial Guard
« Reply #41 on: March 1, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »
Sorry to hear that man. Your army's coming along nicely, I can't wait to see more of those Pirate Avengers. They're really sleek models, even though they have those big cloaks. Very fitting for an Eldar :)

-Valkyrie
War gaming is more than a hobby,
it's a lifestyle

The Listening Post - A Hobby Blog

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
« Reply #42 on: March 1, 2011, 10:45:50 PM »
It definitely makes me wish I had time to dedicate to my Eldar.  I've been playing the suckers for oh..16 years now and I've never gotten them all painted.  This thread definitely shows the potential our army has.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #43 on: March 2, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »
Thanks so much for the nice compliments guys. I really appreciate it, adds fuel to the fire if ya know what I mean.

@Outcast Valkyrie- Thanks for your comments. My Pirate Avengers are my number one priority right now as far as painting. Avengers are my favorite Aspect and I've wanted to do this conversion and this particular paint scheme for awhile. So I'm glad you like em!

@Alggavinn- Thanks a lot for your compliments. I've been playing Eldar for a long time too. I've actually had fully painted armies at various times, but have always ended up selling them or stripping them. I really want to have a fully painted 2k army, and I think I'll be there by the end of the summer at the very least. Again thanks for your comments and thanks for following my project log.

Anyway wanted to show you guys whats next after my Dire Avengers. Hope I don't provoke a thread war here after all the hew and cry thats followed in the wake of these guys but BEHOLD!!! The missing piece of my heavy selections!

I know people are decrying these guys left and right, but I'm very much of the opinion that what doesn't work for one person, may be the perfect fit for another, and these guys are exactly what I've been looking for. My plan is to take out long range tanks (i.e. basilisks) with these guys and then hang back beyond the rest of my enemies range and pop tanks at my leisure. I know there are other options, but for my list at least, I really like these guys because I'm very assault heavy army, my whole force ends up being right in the teeth of my opponents. These guys allow me to stretch the field, and not have to worry about that single lascannon blast popping my falcon on the first turn, or all the positioning problems I have getting my Fire Dragons to survive.

Anyway. Any paint scheme ideas? My bro suggested white and purple. Any other ideas?

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline crazedsoldier07

• I WANNA PLAY WARHAMMER!!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 7, 2011, 02:19:06 AM »
man wicked looking army. gotta say the best eldar conversions ive seen in a while. wish i could play against it
"all gave some, some gave all..."

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #45 on: March 9, 2011, 05:13:51 PM »
@ Crazysoldier- Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it. Hope you like my new conversions.

Here are my newest creations. I use Harlequin rules for them but they are my Autarch's retinue and are his elite guard. I figured their acrobatic ability, light armor, and ultimate melee abilities would really represent an elite Corsair cadre hand picked by a renegade Autarch.

Anyway here are the first 2 models. The photos are alright I'll take better ones soon.

« Last Edit: March 9, 2011, 05:16:50 PM by Cavalier »

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #46 on: March 9, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
Those are some damn sexy models.  I really wish I had the time to dedicate to making my own models (such as making those into my own banshee teams, chainswords for scorpion teams, etc.).  Always an inspiration.  At least this week I may get back to converting my new titan!
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #47 on: March 9, 2011, 06:45:39 PM »
Thanks Algavinn. I always appreciate your comments.

I have to ask you though, do you have a project-log as well? If you do send me a link so I can check it out. I've always wanted a titan and love looking at the various titan projects. Even those dang imperial ones.

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #48 on: March 9, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
It is one of those dang imperial ones :p  I actually haven't actively played Eldar in a couple of years, not since 4th edition (and making an eldar titan is a be-atch and a half harder than imperial ones).  I do have a project log for my warhound titan, but after a dozen or more hours of making one from scratch I threw in the towel.  I have the feet finished and just said screw it.  I'm using a model from Dust Wars or Dust Games or whatever, and modifying it to make a knight titan.  I may be working on it tonight.  I'm really just making the model (comes to up to 11.5-13" I'm told!), then taking the weapons it's supposed to have on each arm and just putting it on one to make a quad long barrelled autocannon, putting an earthshaker as one arm, and then add lots of bits, and maybe a couple deathwind missile launchers (one on each shoulder perhaps) and plenty of detailing.  I had actually modeled a disembowled dark eldar body attached to chains I was going to put onto the shin armour of the warhound and I may put that on the Knight tiatan (even though I don't fight any DE).
  But I may make a short log for it, starting shortly as I'm just beginning it's assembly.  I'll link it for you when I make it.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »
More photos.

Corsair Captain: He's my Autarch's second in command (count-as Troupe Leader)

My Autarch's personal Seer (Count-As Shadowseer)

Veteran Corsair (Melta Pistol Harelquin)

Corsair Veteran (Harlequin w/Melta Pistol)

Corsair Veteran (Harelquin)

And my TITAN.....

Oops just kidding.

Offline Tethesis

• Dreamers come and go, but the dream's forever
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »
Lol, +50 approval points for Rodimus Prime (or is it just Hot Rod?) xD.

Awesome conversions as usual, love the "shadowseer".

Eldar fight dirty! d(ºwº)b

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »
Lovin' those harlequin conversions!

That's a really clever way to use them as "counts as". Just curious, are you considering adding actual harlequins at some point? they do travel around...

-Valkyrie
it's a lifestyle

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:05 AM »
@ Tethesis- Thanks for the extra approval points  ;) . And yeah its Rodimus, you can't see it but he's got the Matrix in his chest. Glad you like the Shadowseer. My brother likes that one the most too.

@ Outcast Valkyrie- Thanks Outcast. I've thought of using real Harlequins, but I'm sort of on the Irisado bandwagon in that I would only use the actual models against Chaos. However a concept I'm playing around with in  my personal fluff, is that my count-as Shadowseer is a real Shadowseer. The concept surrounding my army is that my Autarch is this "man of destiny" (who left his craftworld with his warhost to defend the Exodite worlds against the wishes of his craftworlds elite seer council) and that powerful forces scattered across the Eldar race are showing him immense and unprecedented favor. Such as Asurmen who sent him those white Dire Avengers, and the Harlequins sent a Shadowseer as an enigmatic councilor who communicates to my Autarch in cryptic psychic impressions.

That bit about the Harlequins might be a bit much. I want to read up a little more on Harlequins before I officially commit to the idea. I've got a lot of unprecedented material in my own fluff, so I don't want to overdo it.

@ Everybody Else- Thanks for watching. More to come soon...

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »
That's a lot of interesting background, actually. even if it is a little unprecedented, I think that the concept is pretty strong overall.

I personally love armies that have a lot of flavor to them :D

-Valkyrie
it's a lifestyle

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
Hey gang. Been a real long time, but I've been working the whole time, just been lazy with the documenting aspect of it all. Anyway here's what I've got.

My Y'riel/Eldrad counts-as council.

My Stormies/Harlies

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 04:04:53 PM »
Brilliant army.
It looks really great.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 04:46:52 PM »
Gorgeous and inspiring as ever.  Always reminds me of how much can be done with Eldar, but always makes me sad I don't have the time for much modeling anymore.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 06:46:55 AM »
IMO what's most inspiring is the intelligent use of various bits from all ranges.

It gives the army a very unique and special feel.

Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it. The feedback always gets me stoked to continue and push it up a notch. So thanks a lot I really appreciate it. I can't wait to show you guys some of the other stuff I'm working on like my Eldar stronghold (only the bits have been assembled). More updates are sure to come and with greater frequency so stay tuned....

Offline those

• Yes... Come forth to bear the word of Chaos..!
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2011, 04:26:38 AM »
Wow... fantastic work... and I'm not even a fan of the Eldar..! Your painting is exemplary. I love the effort you're going to to personalise your figures to... Keep up the amazing work..!