News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void  (Read 50485 times)

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
Re: Corsair POC
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »
Carrying on from Deus Mortem's thread in the Eldar Tactics and Strategies forum (http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=221111.msg2680116#new):

Play test play test play test.

I personally like to see new ideas on the Prince + Bladesworn debate, as it has failed to work for me altogether.

On the Void Dreamer + retinue vs Prince + Bladesworn debate I would like to open it up a bit more. This is relevant to the discussion of this army list because it is the only CC component in the army and also a bit of a points sink for a clean up unit.

Void Dreamer + Voidstorms:

It has merits in a Jetdar list and is most applicable there as a cost effective suicide back field harass that doesnt require Sky Raiders (cross refer to the Prince and DSing Fire Dragons). Irrelevant to this list.

Void Dreamer + Harliequins:

I think this is a better option, works out roughly at the same cost as the Prince and Bladesworn but IMO Harlies are better choices over Bladesworn. Either take a Venom or have the Void Dreamer take a Falcon and the Harlies join him (my current mode of operation).

Prince + Bladesworn:

Bladesworn are no CC monster, they're just Dire Avengers without real special weapons. Honestly? Options to take Lasblasters and Shuriken Catapults? Was FW taking the mickey? Only decent option are Power Weapons and theyre too expensive for such a feeble unit. Perhaps Fusion Pistols if you use them.

The Prince is EQ to an Autarch with added cost because of Sky Raiders and Orbital Bombardment. Frankly if youre mechanised, the Prince is a waste because the likelihood is youre not going to be seriously DSing vehicles in and at most perhaps a suicide DS Fire Dragon squad. Weapon choices are okayish. If Sky Raiders/Orbital Bombardment were upgrades rather than innate abilities I would be happy.

As it stands the Prince and Bladesworn are fairly expensive and point inefficienct. The only role we have been able to come up for them is a mop up squad, and a fairly expensive one at that. I run them with Meltabombs/Fusion Pistol and no other upgrades, maybe a PW on the Prince or Balelight for fun.

Prince + Harliequins:

The most expensive HQ/Elite CC combo but one that could work. The Prince could DS Harlies and himself attached and then use a Shadowjester to prevent counter fire. Potentially a very good backfield harassment. Obviously Autarch + Harliequin complications apply, the Prince doesnt have flip belts meaning cover will be a bit of a problem for him.

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Radium

• Just another guy.
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2012, 05:42:14 AM »
Alright, I'll bite (word of warning though, I REALLY don't like the Prince and Blade Sworn).

The Prince has two things going on for him: Sky Raiders and Void Strike.
The first one can be nice if you want to go all reserves with your army. Since we can't manipulate reserves like Autarchs can, I don't really think it's worth the risk of you army coming in piece meal or on turn 5. And the units you might want to deepstrike can already do so thanks to their Jetpacks.
Next: Void Strike. Meh. The Pulse Strike is nice (well, very, very, very nice actually). And as far as I've been able to figure out there's nothing that prevents you from firing it on the move. So this could be the single saving point for the Prince. But between Warp Hunters, Nightwings and Phoenixes I dont really think we're hurting for anti-tank weaponry.
His combat skills are pretty useless as well, so I wouldn't bother giving him too much combat gear either.
In short: all the prince does is nuke a single tank in a game and then proceeds to get splattered all over the pavement the moment he gets into an assault. Yay.

The Dreamer. At first glance a very lackluster character, but he can get a Witchblade (which is nice, 4 attacks on the charge with one of those will see most vehicles wrecked). And the real good part is his psychic power. Yes, he only has one. Withering Radiance. The rest doesn't count. This one power is actually really nice though, and very useful for killing heavy infantry.

'Retinues', I'll list these from what I think are the worst to best.
Blade Sworn. Expensive Dire Avengers. I know everyone has heard of CC Avengers winning battles everywhere and all... Oh wait... Sure, they have 2 attacks, but with power weapons they get really expensive, and are still a bad combat unit. Best use for them is as suicide bombers really. 3 guys, 3 fusion pistols. Just hope you don't scatter on the deepstrike. But other units are better at this.

Voidstorm Squads. See above. Except these come with Jetpacks as standard. 6 guys, 2 fusion guns. Go. They suck in combat anyway, so better not bother equipping them for combat. And I really don't see why they get Shimmershields, but to someone at FW that must have made some sense.

Harlequins. The only decent CC unit we have (not counting Craftworld allies). This is the second best retinue choice for our characters as far as I'm concerned. I prefer to use 8 Harlies, Seer, Master, 5 kisses. Wrecks most things in combat and can take SOME damage in return. Still not THAT useful in a Corsair army since we'll prefer to hang back and can't properly support the Harlequins when they make it across the table. And we don't have Farseers, so no Doom or Fortune.

Corsair Squad. Yes, the humble Corsair Squad is actually the best unit for our characters to go with in my opinion. If you want to take a Void Strike prince, 10 Corsairs with 2 EMLs is nice. Place in cover, go to ground when fired at. Claim objective, shoot stuff. Yay.

My favourite HQ option for the Corsairs is a Void Dreamer with Witchblade, Neural Shredder and Jetpack. Attached to 10 Corsairs with Jetpacks, 2 Flamers and 2 Shuriken Cannons. Bye bye infantry! And when you meet a tank or dreadnought or something, just detach the Dreamer and watch him go on a suicide mission to trash the vehicle in question.
Knowledge is power; guard it well.

Offline greenmtvince

• I build rendundancy into lists with redundancy
    • Void Dreaming - 40K in Space
  • Armies: Sky Raiders Corsairs
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
I have to agree with Radium's points. 

Regarding the idea of putting the dreamer with the Harlequins suggested by Khorne, my issues with putting the void dreamer with the Harlequins is that you lose 3 very good things about the Harlequins: 1) Move through Cover 2) Hit and Run 3) the ability to operate from a Venom. 

All that said, I've been wondering about the following as corsairs list that runs completely opposite to my current doctrine:

5x Harlequins (4x Kisses, Troupe Leader with PW)
-Corsair Venom, SL
5x Harlequins (4x Kisses, Troupe Leader with PW)
-Corsair Venom, SL
10x Scorpions (Exarch, upgrades)
-Wave Serpent, TL SL

5x Corsairs, Flamer SC
-Void Dreamer with Witchblade, Neural Shredder Gyrinx
-Falcon with SL and Holofield
3x Corsair Jetbikes
2x Wasps with SL

2-3 Warp Hunters Rolling up with them shooting Aether Rift

X Pulse Hornets

Maybe the princess with PW bladesworn in another venom would actually work here. 

In complete contrast to my normal strategy of hanging out as far from the bad guys as possible, this one tries to get up close and personal.  The novelty in this list over a CWE or DE list is the use of the venoms to get the Harlequins into combat quicker than they otherwise would.  I opt for the scorpions over a 3rd Harlequin unit to pull some outflanking shenanigans. 

I think this is as close as I can come to figuring out how to do a supported assault army with corsairs. 

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2012, 10:27:02 AM »
The problem with the Corsiar list is that ther are almost too many options for us to consider lightly.

Radium considers the "route one" approach where he's looking for the direct killiness of a unit. Radium is also comparing the list to our CWE counter parts. Here I thing his argument is flawed. Our Corsair Prince doesn't benefit from farseer powers. ture but, nor do some Eldar CWE builds, certainly those I've been playing with recently. Neither do Imperial Guards with their S3 attacks. Yet they still do well.

I believe you have to think outside the box, as you do with any type of Eldar army.

Of course the Prince can't compete with being a suicide AT unit against the likes of Fire Dragons. These guys are the epitome of this role. Against heavy armour the Dreamer with withering radience is likely to be better. Provided the dice go your way.

But my problem with your last post Radium is that you completely ignore the other side of the coin. "Why do Voidstorms have shimmersheilds" you say. To give the unit a 5++ save in combat thats why. "Why would you take the Prince for his Sky raiders special rule when everything has jump packs and can deep strike anyway" you say. Because not all units in the list have jump packs, thats why.

You've sucessfully highlighted areas where the Prince and Bladesworn do not compete against other units but you have not explored, as Khorne has tried to de where they may be sucessful.

Also there are many rules both HQ units can fufil of which to be honest neither post has done jusatice too. Not to denegrate either Khorne or Radium but the subject is larger than we think.

I look forward to some pretty in depth tactics posts which I think we all can have positive input to.

Radium's post does sucessfully point out the shortcommings of the Prince and Bladesworn retinue that we should all take heed from but I think there are other ways of using these guys sucessfully. But this argument I believe is not to be had on the unit by unit level but rather by looking at the entire army list and army selection.

As I see it there are at least 3 different ways of creating a Corsair Army, not including the hybrids between these and I'd on't think any of us have really exhausted these options.

Arq.

EDIT: looking at GMTV's response, he's trying to consider ow differing element can work together which is what I think we should do.
There is of course the option, with the Princess in his list to DS all the harlequins and Scorps, of course you run the risk of them coming in pieve meal.... but think where could you spend the addition points from the 3 transports you've saved....?

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »
Oh yes, because Corsairs is a relatively new list we cant really say:  "Oh hybrid mech-jetdar doesnt work because x, y and z are crap."

We can only comment on points inefficiency which is a big thing in the Corsairs list. Corsairs have so many special options and the tendency is to simple pile on upgrades when we have a points margin. Its bad play everywhere but its most tempting with our army list.

What needs to be done is to simply compile battle experience and play test. Once we get a feel of how our units are working in our list and the tactics that work with them we can begin assessing.

My feel with the Prince and Bladesworn was simply that they were a points sink if they were going to sit a) in reserve, b) inside a transport. I like to ensure that majority of my points are actually being employed every turn to be effective. If not then its a waste of investment; this is partially my issue with CJBs, I like to be able to engage all firepower and in a Corsairs list you need to engage all firepower as soon as possible.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
As always Khorne I heartedly agree with you. Battle experienc is key, Unfortunatly for me I'm sadly lacking here I have to admit  :-[

Point efficiency is key, especially with Eldar, even more so with Corsairs.  I think we suffrer from the "FW thinks its unblanced therefore we'll add more points on" doctrine.

My feel with the Prince and Bladesworn was simply that they were a points sink if they were going to sit a) in reserve, b) inside a transport. I like to ensure that majority of my points are actually being employed every turn to be effective. If not then its a waste of investment; this is partially my issue with CJBs, I like to be able to engage all firepower and in a Corsairs list you need to engage all firepower as soon as possible.

I don't agree with you here though. If the CJBs are lurking back field and turbo boost in the final turn to win/contest an objective which hands you the game then they've more than made up their points. Similarily if the prince gets one round of combat and wins against a serverly depleated dev squad hunkered down in cover and finishes them off for you to claim one mor kill point than your enemy, also hading you the game, agian they've done their job.

Of course both these situations are highly circimstantial but its how you play he game. Remmber we're not marines, we can't be expected to shoot and assault in every turn of the game.

For me I see the only way to play the Prince and bladesworn retinue is to mix match them against a severly depleated unit. Only commit them wher you know they're goint to win.

I do think this can work becuase I've seen what a Autach can do in combat. Hell there's a recent post flying round where a guy blade stormed a dread knight then finished it off in combat, with a Dire Avenger Exarch!!!

I see three main pure ways of playing Corsairs.
1) AT heavy. Warp Hunters and Falcons all the way
2) Skimmer spam: Venoms and a Dakka raider for close assault and fire support respectively.
3) Infantry JSJ list.

Of course there are variations and hybrids between these.

The Prince fits in only in the AT heavy list but he is in no means necessary nor can he be considered the best choice for the role he fills here, that of the mop up unit.

So the only really compelling reasons you'd take him is for fluff and Awesome conversions purposes....

Sound about right?

Arq.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
Repost from Projects blog:

I would like to note again that the Corsair PoC is not limited entirely to just IA11 Corsair army list users.

Any Corsair-themed force using Codex: Craftworld, Codex: Dark Eldar or Imperial Armour 11 is welcome.

Consider it a break from tradition and into the arms of the Void.

I am exceptionally happy we now have a more concrete structure to comment on. So far I am entirely happy, obviously the pirate bands can be expanded with a quick search from the lexicanum but thats simple.
Also we need to have a name for the Corsair PoC: (insert cool name).

Also I would like to revise the ranks:

Prince/Captain
[Void Dreamer]
Commander
Felarch
Corsair
Outcast

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline XavianBlacksoul

• Oh well, worse things happen at sea.
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2012, 06:48:01 AM »
Well having read through all that's been said on the various threads, I would have to say this is developing nicely. I'm still a little unsure in which tread I should be posting things though (feeling rather slow witted today). I have written Background information for my particular brand of Space Piracy and would be happy to post this in a relevent section. I think the background side of things is always one of the most important elements when finding what's right for you, effecting play styles also.

I also think if this is really going to get of the ground, then a full tactica is essential, this of course is rather difficult currently due to how new the book is. I am still getting to grips with the book and would have found it most helpful, so I think that's a given. The Army looks like it can be played in a few different ways, although one way currently seems the most wise. From shoot and mop up, all Infantry, Deep strike list to full out assualt, all these could be covered as when making a new army knowing how to create competitive builds can be the difference between wasted money and time from a collecting viewpoint.

Maybe something also on the uses and aplication of allies, this could link in with what has already been written in their relevent areas and how it differs within the Corsairs list.

Then there are the Elements of IA11 which deal with the super heavies for people who like things BIG.

As for the cool name maybe "The lost children of Isha - the Corsair POC" Sounded better in my head but with no other suggestions I will leave it there.

I'm not sure what help I can be currently due to inexperience, but will help out if needed.

All the best.
90 percent of sci-fi is crud, but then 90 percent of everything is crud.
Thoedore Sturgeon.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »
Hi Guys,

As some of you will have seen I have finally managed to get the project thread posted and some of the stuff I've been working on up.

It's all a WIP and there's still a  lot to go up, especially in the background guidelines section.

To clarify. It is the idea that we discuss the POC here then I can go to the Project and ammend the 4 posts there.
I think if we discuss the POC in the project thread it will get lost in all the relpies. Unless I can get a mod to sticky the posts...... I'll try and do that any way.

Further clarifications...

Khorne, yes the Corsair POC is Open to ALL Corsair players regardless of what codex they use (although I think this should be limited to Eldar codexes  :)  )  It does actually say so much in the waffle....

Xavian: you can do two things, post your background fluff now or wait for me to finish the guiudelines, or both! Of course my guidelines will not be binding at all so you can do what you like now but I think for the sake of comtinuity we should wait until I post the gerneal ideas and then we can discuss the finer points. that way we'll all post background in a similar structure. For those of you that are impatient, I have borrored heavily for the tenants of the 40K Online POC found here. I Think that our own POC will work in a similar vein, but where as the 40K online POC will be a home for craftworlds, our POC will be a home to Pirate bands, corsair and Star Bucaneers....

I do believe as our exposure gets greater we will recruit more and more members....

keep up the hard work guys!

First thing up so discussion / discision is our name.
Here's a list of all that has been proposed.

Corsair PoC: Scions of the Void   
Corsair PoC: Skyreavers   
Corsair PoC: Pirates of the Immaterium 
Corsair PoC: the Void Stalkers   
Corsair PoC: The Eldritch Raiders 
Corsair PoC: True Inheritors 
Corsair PoC: Iaddana Drasion (Pirates out of Shadows)
Corsair PoC: IIirun-Iadanna (City of Pirates)
Corsair PoC: Outcast Harvesters   

As those unbound from the path;
Corsair PoC: Spirits Untamed
Corsair PoC: Essence Liberated
Corsair PoC: The Epitome Unbound

As those with no home or as wanderers;
Corsair PoC: The Endless Vagabonds
Corsair PoC: Trespassers of the Stars

As those who aspire for glories once more
Corsair PoC: Mortals in the Realm of Dreams

As those who hunger for the unknown
Corsair PoC: Inexorable Aspiration / Ambition
Corsair PoC: Desires Remorseless Pursuit
Corsair PoC: Unremitting Ambition

As those relating to Pre-Fall Eldar
 Corsair PoC: True Spirits of Eldanesh
 Corsair PoC: Ishas Tears agmonst the Stars

Please post any more ideas and we'll all discuss.
I propose we then make a shortlist of 3 or 4 and put it to a vote.

Arq.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:15:34 PM by Arquarian »

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
I mostly like Eldritch Raiders, Iaddana Drasion and the 2 pre fall names.

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline XavianBlacksoul

• Oh well, worse things happen at sea.
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 03:25:22 AM »
Thanks Arquarian, I'm on the level now.

As for the names, my favorites are in order.

1.Corsair PoC: True Spirits of Eldanesh
2.Corsair PoC: Ishas Tears agmonst the Stars
3.Corsair PoC: Scions of the Void
4.Corsair PoC: The Eldritch Raiders
90 percent of sci-fi is crud, but then 90 percent of everything is crud.
Thoedore Sturgeon.

Offline greenmtvince

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
Just some more out of the box thinking with the corsairs list at 1750 points.  I was inspired by a thread on the Hornet vs. the Vyper at Warseer.com

HQ
Voiddreamer, Jetpack, Gyrinx Witchblade  -110

Elites
Craftworld Outcasts - Hornet Squadron 3x Hornets with dual SCs -195

Troops
5x Corsairs, Venom with SC -90
3x Wasp Dual SCs -195
3x Wasp Dual SCs -195
3x Wasp Dual SCs -195

Fast Attack
Hornet Squadron 3x Hornets with dual SCs -195

Total -1745

Concept of the operation is simple: Deploy everything on the board, hornets up front Venoms in the back, Wasps jumping around wherever they can get cover saves.  Move forward 12” a turn firing 135 BS4 S6 shots at 24”  Suicide deep strike the Void Dreamer or run her behind the Wasps to deal with any Land Raiders or high AV targets.  It's not particularly sophisticated, but I just can't help but feel that few armies would be able to deal with that much dakka.

All theoretical of course since I'm not throwing down the 396 GBP to buy that many hornets.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »
Wait theres just Shuriken Cannon... no Str8 weapons? How are you going to combat AV14?

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline greenmtvince

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »
Primary method for dealing with AV14?  Kill everything else.

Secondary method.  Suicide Void Dreamer. 

Assumption is that short of mech Deathwing (or whatever the equivalent is) no one is going to be dropping enough land raiders to make this an issue.  Most Necron players don't field monoliths anymore, and leman russes, though problematic, can be threatened from their rear armour. 

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »
Hmmm Im wondering it itll be worth it to give the Corsairs FGs, and use the Venom to full advantage.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline elpana01

• Eldar FTW
  • Armies: Eldar & Space Wolves
« Reply #75 on: May 1, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
Are Prince's really so bad?  That seems to be the concensus.  I thought the ability to prevent most of your army from getting shot for a whole round, and being able to deep strike units more than made up for the higher cost. 

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #76 on: May 2, 2012, 05:15:09 AM »
Hi, welcome to the POC!

Princes are inefficient for points.

1) Sky Raiders: only good if you want to use it, otherwise just additional points cost. I would have made Sky Raiders an upgrade for the Prince so players can have the choice
2) No Strategic Reserves: no +1 like the Autarch means reserve rolls may be incoherent and come in piecemeal
3) Autarch statline: still weak as an  Autarch, for 100pts I expect something a bit more combative. The Prince is just an Autarch
4) Poor weapon choices: Shuricatapults and lasblasters? Serious? Well okay, the only one I consider is the Power Weapon, not the Void Sabre, it needs a balance tweak at the moment it costs too much for what it does.
5) Void Strike: again, this just adds more points onto the base cost. Do we need it? No. Its a gimmick that rarely works. If it were an upgrade it would be fine but its not.

Because we have to take a HQ, I will take the Void Dreamer. I always play a Mech army so 100+pts stuck in a Falcon hull is a waste of points. On the other hand 75pts of HQ in a Falcon is bearable (Void Dreamer + Gyrinx).

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline greenmtvince

« Reply #77 on: May 2, 2012, 09:50:26 AM »
On the Autarch comparison, another thing to recognize is a prince gets a 4+ save and has to pay for his invuln.  An Autarch gets a 3+/4++ out of the box for far less points. 

On the voiddreamer as Khorne uses it, not only is it only 75 points stuffed in a falcon, it's 75 points that has a reasonable chance of hopping out of the falcon and causing massive damage with withering radiance.  A prince hopping out of a falcon will at most brandish his fusion pistol very menacingly.

So I think there are some uses for the Prince, they're just not some of the more common ones we explore. 

One is more on the theoretical side as I haven't tested it.  I've got this hunch that if you run an assault themed list, the prince with a power weapon bladesworn charging out of a venom might actually be a good choice (this is in conjunction with Serpent Scorpions and Venom Harlequins) despite not being a great assault unit. 

The other is as a Sky Raiders delivery mechanism, and I think this is where most people looking at the Prince get hung up.  The idea of deep striking everything and the kitchen sink sounds amazing.  Which is inevitbly followed by all kinds of nefarious plans to deep strike things which were never intended to fall from the sky (Check our posts around the December January time frame and you can see how we hashed this out.)  In the end you realize that there's only a few units that don't have the ability to deep strike that have any business deep striking:

Fire Dragons
Max squad of Wraithguard
Footslogging Corsairs
maybe...maybe corsairs in a Falcon in some sort of reserve denial list

Tthat's it. And to use them, you need a very carefully crafted battle plan that somehow exploits the fact that some of these units might not show up until turn 5 or isn't so much hurt by the fact that that's when they come.  Deep striking fire dragons sounds great, until you repeatedly experience them coming down in the last turn of the game and the enemy tank you needed them to kill has already had 4 turns to wreek havoc. DS Wraithguard might actually work because they're there to contest objectives, and really them coming later is probably better.  Unfortunately, it's a huge chuck of points not spent on the already limited offensive firepower the corsairs have.  I can't imagine this tactic having the reliability to pull off effectively.  Which leads footslogging corsairs.  I'd personally rather give my girls jetpacks and have them lend their firepower, but I can see fielding some cheap footsquads with flamers and using them to take backfield objectives or cause mayhem. 

There are some advocates of deep striking warp hunters to get them into template range.  I'm against that because of both deepstrike mishaps and the loss of turns of shooting due to no reserve modifications from your heaviest firepower vehicles.  I'm similarly against the deepstriking falcon, because I think (as others have convinced me) the Falcons need to be bullet magnets for whatever else you have in the list. 

Offline elpana01

• Eldar FTW
  • Armies: Eldar & Space Wolves
« Reply #78 on: May 5, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
So i play tested my recently made 1850 Corsair army this week at our shop.  Played a couple of times and won both of my opponents by large margins, actually tabling my 2nd opponent on round 4.

Here's what I ran.

Cheap Prince and Void Dreamer for HQ
1 Squad of Harlequins
1 Squad of Fire Dragons
4 Squads of guardians with Eldar Missile Launchers, 1 with a Falcon
2 Squads of Jetbikes
2 Warp Hunters

Round 1
- The Jetbikes were brilliant.  Scout makes them go from meh, to wow.  They scouted 24'' towards his rhinos and popped 2 right away.  Sure they died in turn but not before assaulting and killing 3 of the 5 grey knights that were inside. 

- My missile launcher barrage and Falcon failed to shoot thru night fighting, however my Warp Hunters did not.  They leveled his now umbarked troops and killed 1 dreadnaught.

Round 2
- The Warp Hunters were quite deadly again, just killing stuff left and right. 

- A few of my Missile Launchers killed the remaining troops, the rest shot at a Dreadknight and together with a bunch of lasblaster shots ended up putting a wound on it.  The Falcon put another wound on it.

My opponent did not kill much at all, i felt kinda bad.  He did shunt his Dreadknight and killed 6 Harlequins and deep struck a few squads.

Round 3
Lots more shooting from me, and then hiding with most things.  I have to say the Void Dreamer was ridiculously good.  It killed 4 out of 5 deep striking Grey Knight terminators in 1 round of shooting.  I see what you guys meant before, about the prince not being so great.  However, a cheap Prince for only at 125 was fairly viable against an army like Grey Knights, as it prevented all kinds of shooting that was coming my way.

* He tried desperately to tie the game and run around shunting stuff but no luck.  The warp hunters were killing everything.

Round 4
I tabled my oponent.

Conclusion

The army was super deadly.  Perhaps I had a good list, to counter his list but still I completely rolled him.  Lasblasters and Missile Launchers make our troops so good.  The Warp Hunters, and Scouting Flat-out Jetbike totting Meltas really sealed the deal.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #79 on: May 5, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »
Ah it is good to hear of Corsair overwhelming dakka.

What was your exact set up for the Corsair Jetbikes? Felarchs with Fusion Pistols?

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies: