News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Campaign Pirate Force  (Read 556 times)

Offline Kryptic Myth

• Newest
  • I see the Truth
Campaign Pirate Force
« on: October 14, 2004, 06:40:03 PM »
Alright, I've talked to my friends about the campaign that I'm going to run.  We decided(after many pathetic mon keigh threats and such) that we're going to do 500 point armies that require only a single HQ choice, who will represent ourselves in the game, as I wanted the game to focus mostly on the struggles of the HQ as they survive on the planet(There's a whole story and such involved, but anyway..)

Here's the list:
HQ:
Captain Zydrith of the Silver Dragon
      -Executioner(no offense to the list, but I have an addiction with them and needed it... :-\)
      -Plasma Pistol
      -Conversion Field
Elite:
     2 Death Jesters w/ Bright Lances
     1 Death Jester
Cobra Squad
      -5 Cobras w/Power Blades
Heavy:
     Wraith Lord of Captain Dyne
      -Star Cannon

Fluff:
     First off, the Campaign setting.  The Campaign is taking place upon a mysterious that just randomly appeared from no where.  It is quickly detected by many of the powers of the universe, who discover it holds an artifact with power that is beyond anything ever discovered before, but the scanners are unable to pinpoint them, as the whole planet radiates with the power.
     Captain Zydrith, famed Treasure Hunter, hears of this mysterious planet and, seeing it as a challenge and a serious profit, informs his crew that they are heading to this planet, nicknamed Enigma, but only after seeking advise from the great ships previous Captain, Dyne, who now has the honour of residing in the shell of a mighty Wraithlord.
    Captain Dyne earned his after life as a Wraithlord by his heroic acts during the great battle Marnauth(my craftworld) who then granted him the shell, due to the grave injuries he suffered during the battle.
    After Dyne's death, it was no wonder that Zydrith would be the next Captain, and none of the crew complained either.  He was a more irrational kind of Eldar, greatly influenced by emotions instead of reason, but he was always smart enough to seek Dyne's wise council before making any major decisions.  In this case, as well, Zydrith consulted with Dyne about the planet and if he should take the crew there.  Dyne told Zydrith that it was his decision to make this time.
    Zydrith orbited the planet Enigma before deciding it best to just take a small, but elite, party down to the surface to scout out the terrain and such.  Taking one of his most trusted Cobra with him and Dyne.  On touching the surface and disembarking from his breach pod, he lost contact with his ship.
    While wandering about the barren planet's surface, Zydrith ran into some Harlequins(well, they materialized out of the air, but it is close enough) who cautioned him about the planet and told him to leave.  Zydrith, of course, insisted on staying and discovering what he could about the planet and the Harlequins, seeing his noble intentions, granted him Death Jesters and wished him luck.  Then, as Harlequins are wont to do, they vanished.

I am facing Witch Hunters, Tyranids, Guardsmen and the Dark Angels.
WH-Exorcist, maybe two.
Nids-I can see...biggins....lo ts of em.
IG-Tanks
DA-Land Speeder and Librarian

Any suggestions for my army?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 07:55:17 PM by Kryptic Myth »
Mercy that will not be shown, will not be given.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Campaign Pirate Force
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 10:37:03 PM »
So you are not using any Troops at all? Odd.
And I would replace the cobras with a Zoat bodyguard, just to be even more unique.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Kryptic Myth

• Newest
  • I see the Truth
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 03:22:21 PM »
I was really debating that...but my already horrid numbers would put me at such a serious disadvantage...that and I'm converting my 5 scorpions into my cobra squad, whereas I have no clue where I should start with a Zoat Bodyguard :(

Although I really like the Zoats..hmm...I'll see what I can do about it, but 6 models in 500 points, ugh, that would probably make it near impossible to win, even with immense strategy and luck

and the Guard tanks would probably kill me pretty quickly...and the exorcist far quicker than that  >:(
*grumbles about the mon keigh and their addiction to highly explosive devices*

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 03:43:18 AM »
I mean, in all honestly, you're not that great for numbers as it is, and you will be hard-pressed to win much with the army as it is. I mean, it is slow and has very few long-ranged weapons (if you want you can get LOTS more into 500 pts) so why not go for an extreme? :)

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Kryptic Myth

• Newest
  • I see the Truth
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 05:21:18 AM »
Very true... =)

That would be require some serious management on my part, luckily enough I've been looking for a challenge!  As my Eldar were flawless(seriously, never lost, but I am a very lucky person when it comes to rolling dice)  I would thus have 6 models in 500 points.

Hmph, and I admonished my friend for wanting to take Terminators  ;D