News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Phasing Out  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Sir Carl

• Sir Carl the Lichslayer (now Necron Lord Slayer)
Phasing Out
« on: July 23, 2002, 06:35:15 PM »
What is this phase out rule I am reading about here? and why do the smilies look like  8) and :P and :)

Night_Of_Necrons

Re:Phasing Out
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 08:55:19 PM »
cant really answer about the smiles thing but the phase out rule is simple and not to much to worry about as long as u have a lot of necon models. ok here it goes. if your total number of necron models drops below 25% of the original number then everything else kinda says we dont wanna die so lets get outta here, so the rest of your army just magically dissapears. so if you have 50 necron models and they drop below 12 then ur army goes by by. and only necrons boost this up (so c'tan, pariahs, scarb swarms, monoliths, and tomb spyders do not contribute to the total number of necron models.)

-NoN :o

Offline Lecron

• I will consume all in my path
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 01:19:37 PM »
Also a lot of people belive it to be only the warriors that count towards phase out, but in truth its all necron units that use the necron special rules. just thought I would clear that up for those that still think that its only warriors.

Offline SMiF

• ¬_¬ What are you going to do huh?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 03:17:36 AM »
Yup.  That's why it's always good to have a decent amount of necrons so the phase out rule don't occur!  Also, you can play with scenarios that do not allow the phase out rule (I don't exactly recall which ones they are at this moment).
SMiFSoNiaN

Offline high-avatar

• It has come for you
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 07:10:07 AM »
Its ones that use sustained attack when the Necrons just keep coming!!!!!!!!!
Everything that has a begining must have an end, I see the end I see the Darkness spreading I see Death.

Offline HighlanderNick

• There can be only one!!
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2002, 02:24:06 PM »
A good point to note for all you budding necrontyr out there phase out is only calculated at the begining of a necron turn after all "we'll be back!" rolls have been made.

Niklas Kriig

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2002, 03:48:23 PM »
I think this is kinda nice. 80 Necron Warriors.
Use the Monolith to "transport" two groups of Necron Warriors, since you only can have two in play from the Beginning.