News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!  (Read 59506 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
They look absolutely sick. I just love the starfield, I think you nailed it. Love the purple and blue... nice in-between for your Corsairs and DE. Can't wait to see where this goes. Fantastic stuff AP, love it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Blown away dude. Those cloaks look absolutely fantastic.

Super jealous of your airbrushing skills.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
OK. I still had some doubts if I was needing an airbrush but with this thread I am convinced. The moment I can I am buying one! This way, way way way too good! Love this whole thread style but the cape, they just take the cake!

Loving it! Keep it up!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
I have started a "Tale of 4 gamers" style thing recently and my pledge for May was to build and paint a Harlequin Troupe.
Obviously since I am just doing the one Troupe I can spend a bit more time on them so I cracked out the airbrush!
Just for you Loosh.............

Holy Moly!

Blown away AP! These are looking beautiful already. Such a well executed technique...I think between you and SeekingOne, you really are the kings of Air Brushing.

What are you planning on doing with the rest of the models? Personally, I would keep it really simple so you can let the Cloaks do the talking.

I love these AP; you have really nailed it.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Thanks guys!

@Cav- Cheers bud, exactly what I was aiming for! It's a very similar colour palette used although the pinks are more pink than the purple used for the Dark Eldar.

@Dog_of_war- Thanks man, I really love Airbrushing. It's super rewarding when it goes well!

@Grizzlykin- I honestly cannot suggest an airbrush enough! It made a world of difference to my painting, If you look back at things like my Slaaneshi Knight I could not have even thought about hand painting anything like that to the standard that I was able to get it to. Probably the best hobby purchase I've ever made!

@Loosh- I'm really glad you like it bud! Current plan is to do some Purple and Blue Diamonds to compliment the cape colours and to give the non-caped models the same theming and then just black for the gloves etc. Metalwork will likely be Silver or Gold (I am thinking probably silver at the moment) and then White for Masks etc. Weapons I am currently undecided but happy to listen to suggestions!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Grizzlykin

@Loosh- I'm really glad you like it bud! Current plan is to do some Purple and Blue Diamonds to compliment the cape colours and to give the non-caped models the same theming and then just black for the gloves etc. Metalwork will likely be Silver or Gold (I am thinking probably silver at the moment) and then White for Masks etc. Weapons I am currently undecided but happy to listen to suggestions!

A friend of mine pointed a website to me where they sell stencils, this might be usefull for you if you don't already have them, the name of the company was fallout hobbies.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
I'm not sure if I've visited this thread yet. I always love galaxy-pattern cloaks and your style makes it look quite amazing, Auric! The subtle splashes of purple and blue amidst the void-black of the cloak make it really stand out once it is paired together with the stars.

Also loving your Drukhari! Is that scheme the Kabal of the Last Hatred? It looks great on the infantry, but when the same scheme is applied to vehicles it makes it look super sleek! Hope I can paint Dark Eldar to this standard when I give them a try ;D.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
@Grizzlykin- Thanks bud, I've actually got a couple of the Fallout Hobbies stencils but haven't really had much luck with them. I actually do need to collar Brian from the Splintermind podcast at some point as I've heard he has had some success with some of their stencils. I would like to use the Diamonds ones for the Vehicles when I come to it.

@Myental- Thanks bud, I'm the same in that I've always loved galaxy pattern stuff but never had the guts to try it until now!
The colour scheme is actually one that I've wanted to try for a while but not based on any that I had previously seen before. I just think that Purples and Pinks suit the Drukhari so well.

@Everybody

So I've been pretty busy recently........... .
Not managed to post these up as I've not been able to get any decent photos but finally here they are!
DSC_4090
Blaster armed Scourges
DSC_4094
My custom kitbashed Incubi (thankyou to Cav for some inspiration here!)
DSC_4096
Kitbashing Succubus!

And then.......
A couple of WIP shots of my Harlequins that I posted up the other day. Spent a long time today trying to paint these guys.
DSC_4099
DSC_4101

Hope you like them!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Just beautiful! Love the dark, shadowy paint jobs. Really gives everything a truly sinister look.

Those kitbashes are brilliant too. I think somebody has an affinity to scourge legs I'm thinking.  ::)

The harlie masks look great as incubi. I'm really going to have to get some of those of a bit site someday, as they just work so well with the dark eldar line.

Keep them coming. Your force is shaping up really nicely.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
great colour scheme and great job on the tiny diamonds, but those coats...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Holy black light! Just fantastic! Excellent paint and conversion work! Blown away everytime I look here .
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Grizzlykin

Omfg... This is just awesome! This color scheme is such a hit! It look even better on the dark background! That's insane quality! Glorious style! I'm loving it!

And for the harlequins! The gold is such good contrast. It's insanely good I love it!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
Yhwh-condemned! Absolutley crushed it man. The Incubi are freaking amazing... the modelling is just insanely awesome. Total props on the posing, the use of bits... just fantastic. The paint jobs are awesome as well.

The Harlies are also totally incredible. You absolutley killed the checkers, can't believe how awesome they look.

Just fantastic work man, totally blown away. Can't wait to see how the Harlies shape up into a fighting force. Keep up the great work man you are rolling!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
Wow AP, you are totally killing it with these clowns! The cloaks still look fantastic, but the diamonds really accentuate what you’ve already done. Nothing gets drowned out and that’s a fantastically difficult trick to pull with Harlequins.

Really pleased that you decided to test yourself with Harlequins and even more impressed with what you’re producing. These are shaping. Up to be your best work by a margin...and your previous work was already excellent.

Well done mate, looking forward to seeing more of these guys.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Wow, thanks guys!

@Dog of war- haha I really do love the scourge legs, so dynamic! For the Harlie masks just find a nearby Harlequin player, you get so many spares!!

@Magenb- haha thanks bud! I thought you'd like them!

@Dread- cheers bud! Keep coming back then, there is plenty more to come!!

@Grizzlykin- thankyou! As you can tell I quite like my dark and sinister! Works especially well with these kits.
I actually wasn't sure about the gold at first but then as soon as I tested it I knew it was a winner!

@Cav- You deserve some of the credit for the Incubi! The suggestion of the executioners weapons was genius!
Thanks for the comments on the Harlies, I have had so much fun painting them so far!

@Loosh- Cheers bud! As always your praise means a hell of a lot! I worked really hard to get the colour balance right and to make them feel Harlequin like but also properly dark and sinister!

@Everbody-
So my Harlequin troupe and Troupe Master have been completed which has finished my pledge for May.
I did think that they deserved a nice ride however so made a start on a Starweaver as a bonus pledge!
Better pics to follow!
20180518_183755
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:33:40 AM by Aurics Pride »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
Absolutely brilliant stuff man. The blend of the starfield and the checkers is freaking sick. I love it! So stoked to join you on the journey!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Beautiful Harlequins, Aurics Pride, I can only dream of having a hand steady enough to paint all of those diamonds :P ;).
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
DUDE! Simply fantastic! Great effects.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
Quite simply amazing AP. This clown force is going to look stunning when you put it all together. The airbrushing is so smooth and well executed, whilst the addition of the diamonds on the Starweaver just really add to the overall effect.

Well done buddy. Simply amazing.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Nice work all around, but the fading diamonds is a really nice touch.