News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My elite problem  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
My elite problem
« on: May 4, 2013, 05:25:19 PM »
Im getting a Riptide but I already have 3 elite choices.
Crisis team x2, TL PR/Flamer
Crisis team x2, TL MP/MP
Stealth team x5

Im using a commander so Ill have to make one of the crisis teams a bodyguard unit. The question is; which one?

My first thought is to give th MP guys puretide to make them leathal but there has to be other options. 

What sort of unique systems could i give the plasma guys to give them an extra edge?

Are there any other options for the missile guys?
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
Re: My elite problem
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2013, 05:38:54 PM »
The flamer/PR team has to be getting in close to make use of it's rapid fire and template weapons.  Why not put a neuroweb system jammer with them?  It would be great against anyone that gets within rapid fire range of you.

The only other options I can see is a puretide or a Multi-spectrum system suite.  It would be useful in either team but you may not find it worth considering one member can't fire that round. If you're going with a support commander then I'd throw it on him along with a puretide and an iridium suite. If not, a puretide would still be a worthwhile upgrade.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »
My question would be how are you using your commander?
Independent of the Mesme bodyguard or joining them to make them a classic Ta'ro'cha team?
Shas'o w/ 2 FBs (or FB & CIB), TL, DC in a close range team with a couple of GDs or Shas'o w/ 2 MPs, TL, DC in a unit of MDs?

There's nothing stopping you giving the Deathrains on overdrive Puretide in the standard elite slot at the cost of 20pts and the Twin-Linked status on one of your MPs...

On that note you could make just one Ta'ro'cha team either a Fireknife team
Shas'vre
- PR, MP, Puretide
Shas'ui
- TL-PR & MP
Shas'ui
- TL-MP & PR

Or go for a Sa'cea style (aka sly't'ly'craz'zay) Ta'ro'cha team which you Shas'o joins
Shas'o
- Fusion Blaster, PR, ATS, DC, 2 GDs
Shas'ui
- PR, MP, Flamer, GD
Shas'ui
- TL-PR & CIB, GD
Shas'ui
- TL-MP & PR, GD

You know it makes (some?) sense :P

On a very sensible note it would be worth change your stealth team to the following, it's well worth that extra wound and slightly higher firepower for 4pts ;)
Shas'vre
- BC, 2 GDs
3 Shas'ui
- BC
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Halollet

« Reply #3 on: May 4, 2013, 08:17:20 PM »
I run my commander with CIB/FB/Retro Thusters/Iriduim Suit/Onager Guantlet/system jammer and 2 shield drones. I drop him behind enemy lines and let him reek havoc.  Reke Havoc? Reak Havoc?  Whatever.... Worked great last game so I'm not changing it!

I could add puretide into the elite DeathTorrets.  Might be worth it.... Hmmm... I think I like that actually.

Hmmmm... I really like my flamers and plasma guns.  Popping on the system jammer sounds good as they'll be that close anyways, but my commander would make better use of it.  The Failsafe might be a fun way to get revenge for those things that dare to assault me.

I'm wondering if I should run them with PR/BC/Flamer since I never seem to be in range to shoot the flamer but they're so nice with support fire.

Nice suggestion on the stealth teams, might be nice to sneak around back of flyer and hit it better.  OOoooo. No, that would be great since I have the ethereal with them and that means I get 2 more shots!  :D Thanks!

I like some of your ideas! Makes me want more!
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2013, 05:02:16 AM »
Nice suggestion on the stealth teams, might be nice to sneak around back of flyer and hit it better.  OOoooo. No, that would be great since I have the ethereal with them and that means I get 2 more shots!  :D Thanks!
More or less stolen from O!nk and other more experienced members

This way leads to madness
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Halollet

« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »

This way leads to madness

Madness and genius are a fine line!

I think I like the Failsafe on the BlazingSoul (TLPR/Flamer) bodyguards because they get the extra attack in close combat. Would be a great as a last ditch effort to slow down the enemy assault should they reach me.  Really painful for anything that isn't a MEQ/TEQ

Body Guards
TL PR/Flamer
TL PR/Flamer, Failsafe Detonator

Death Torrents
MP/MP Shas've, Puretide
MP/MP Target Lock

Offline Darkstrider

• Armies: Tau, SW, DE, Necrons
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »
Signature systems don't take up hard points for commander and bodyguard suits so you can still add a support system.