News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A New Green Baron  (Read 1744 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
A New Green Baron
« on: May 29, 2011, 09:07:31 AM »
Well, I just returned after surviving my first vacation in five years. It was not a pleasant departure from the normal routine like a vacation is supposed to be, someday I may write a novel about it, that will get turned into a Lifetime movie. But for now, I am just really happy to be home.

Now, previously I had a normal AoBR deffcopta with a saw attached that I had been using as my green baron. Then Rayvn70 posted a new improved version (You can see it here) This caused me to want to do something better, fancier, more outrageous, and so was born an idea.

In a trade I purchased the Isle of Blood set for an individual who had 4 of the old boxes of fantasy ork boys (the ones with 19 per box) and while he took all the warrior models, he did not want the prince or the wizard. Nobody there would trade for them, so I ended up with 4 boxes of WHFB ork boys and the HE prince and HE wizard.

Well one day I just was bored and so assembled the prince so that I would have a little more room in the bit box. The Idea hit me. Let us make the prince into a green baron.  So below you will see the effect of the madness of being trapped with she who must be obeyed and her sisters, and being the only male of the entire group I was forced to retreat into my modeling and painting to stay physically intact.

As always, click on the picture for a bigger view.

The High Elf Prince           The elf replaced by a proper rider with a twin link rockit launcha

Now I tried to get the angle the same so you can see what he looks like Painted.

Not Painted                    Painted

I went with the Golden Eagle paint sceme as it is easier (for me) to paint than the Bald Eagle (white paint is not my friend).

It took a bit of filler to get the legs to reposition, but it does look believable enough. Of course the talons count as the buzz saw, and since the rider has the proper weapon he is pretty much WYSIWYG, I am sure he will be allowed in some of the upcoming tourneys.

High View                            Close Up Front                    Close Right                         Close Left

So, what do you think of the new green baron? I realize it may not be to the standard of Rayvn70, but at least mine is painted. (had to get a jab in there, sorry)

Next week, he goes into battle for the first time.  Now, just wait to see what I did with the wizard...

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: A New Green Baron
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
I like the creativity you got going on Skeetergod.  Looks like there will be a bit of a konversion contest taking place in the realm of green.  I might have to get in on this.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
HA! I did a serious chuckle when I read the end of your post and I will be painting mine post haste, boss! Currently I'm working on an ork "Thunderdome" and a new trukk made from an old Dark Eldar Raider kit. I'll do pics and such but not a walk through on this one as the model is next to impossible to get now.

I really like this baron though and am going to steal the idea to build my own I'm even going to add a license plate either on his neck or rump that reads SKEETERGOD

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Saint_Lane

• Ork Yoof
  • Dont hold on to dat end ov'it!
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »
This is brill!

Not sure how it would work fluff wise though?

Hope to see some BatReps with him in :D