News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Power Weapons for Harlequins?  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Brandon357

• Farseer training is arduous...but I will make it.
Power Weapons for Harlequins?
« on: February 11, 2002, 12:33:19 PM »
OK, I've printed a copy of Jervis Johnson's 'experimental' Harlequin Codex, but I need to know, what are power weapons, and what are their stats?  I would appreciate any and all help on this matter.

-Brandon
Dare to dance the razor's edge of the warp...dare to be...Eldar.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:Power Weapons for Harlequins?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 01:05:41 PM »
Powerweapons....umm m ummm. You arn't playing Warhammer 40k are you? The only other alternative I can think of is that you are suffering from amnesia.

Because powerweapons are like all other powerweapons, the same as the powerweapons used by Eldar, Marines, Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Chaos Marines, Sisters of Battle and I don't know how many others.... It ignores armorsaves.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Brandon357

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2002, 01:13:17 PM »
Oohh...like a powerfist???  OK, to answer your question, yes, I'm still a newbie to the game.  But I appreciate your answer, Tobab, it really is a great help.  Hope that I can meet ya in a tournament someday soon.  Take care.

-Brandon

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2002, 01:20:08 PM »
They ignore saves like a powerfist, but they don't get the double strenght and they don't strike last.

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""

Offline Brandon357

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2002, 01:24:53 PM »
Hmmm...interesting.  I take it that since it's a HTH weapon that it takes its strength from that of its owner, right?  And just out of plain curiosity, what would you think the Harlequins would use as a power weapon?  A power sword, or something other???

-Brandon

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2002, 02:06:51 PM »
Sword...or if you are playing on the Harlquin(as a REAL world story character) theme, a baton. The Harlequin of theater is almost always equipped with a harlequin baton....would be pretty cool if the Eldar harlquins themselves used a bit more nasty variant.

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 04:22:59 PM »
powerblades are better than power weapons, however.  They add an attack and ignore armor saves.  Although they allow a necron to get back up, because they don't count as power weapons for the purpose of the We'll be Back! rule.  I e-mailed a roolz troll about this.

Offline Karandras

• See this, this is my BOOM-stick
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2002, 04:29:53 PM »
if you give your character powerblades does that mean you have to add blades/spikes/whatever to the model because you are meant to have all weapons/wargear showing on the model
I Wished I Lived In Theory, because Everything Works In Theory

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2002, 04:52:37 PM »
for most tournaments, yes, but most tournaments don't allow harlequins, either.  Plus how do you represent something like bio-explosive ammo or exarch powers?

Offline Snodgrass

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2002, 06:07:25 PM »
I thought all power weapons went last
Pixies forever baby!

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2002, 06:23:00 PM »
snodgrass, you would like that wouldn't you. No, only powerfists, Chainfists, powerclaws, thunderhammers and  'Uge Choppas goes last.

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2002, 08:18:18 PM »
that would stink if power weapons went last.   :P

Offline vanquisherau

• Saussie Aussie
  • Who's Next??
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2002, 02:25:08 AM »
Damn straight, And if they did, imagine how messed up Banshees would be!  ;D
The Exarch: You'd be considered a violent schizophrenic if you were human - but you'd slap around anyone who called you that...