News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Commorragh Chain of Ascension  (Read 18268 times)

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
Commorragh Chain of Ascension
« on: May 20, 2006, 08:43:46 AM »
Welcome to the Dark Side of the 40K universe.

The following denotes those qualifications necessary to become a member in true standing of the Dark Eldar Forum Chain of Ascension (hereafter referred to as the CoA).  This is different from the Chain of Command you may notice in other boards as we here in Commorragh believe that murder and backstabbing of our own kind is not a crime but rather the only way to get ahead and attain prestige/rank.

How do I become a member of the CoA?

In order to become a member in good standing you must be accepted into either a Kabal or Wych Cult.  You must be recommended by an Archon/Archite and approved by the rest of the “Council of Souls”.  Once approved by the council, the DE Board Moderator will grant you a custom title.   

Criteria for acceptance into the CoA:
1.  The CoA is open to any active poster in 40K Online.  However it would be in your best interest to at least know who the Dark Eldar are and be able to field a DE force.
2.  Know the rules and FAQ for CODEX Dark Eldar. 
3.  Membership in the board will more than likely result in you replying to questions or inquiries asked about our style of combat and special skills granted our race.  While interpretations of grey areas may and will happen at least make sure your post can be backed up with either a page reference or logical thought process in the event there are no specifically written rules to get your point across. 
4.  Do not berate, belittle or otherwise attempt to publicly humiliate any member in good standing of the 40K Online community.  While most of us have and probably will never meet in person, printed words can do just as much harm as a personal attack and will not be tolerated.  Also do not PM me asking for a rank title in another Kabal/Cult.  You will probably not like the one you receive. 

What are the duties of an Archon/Archite?
Primarily you are what the rest of the CoA community strive to become.  Experts in the tactics, techniques and procedures of fielding a Dark Eldar force on the table.  Those provided these ranks are chosen only from among the best posters on this board. As such they will be held to a much higher standard of conduct and knowledge of our race. 
Archons/Archites will have the power to choose their Drachons/Drachites and fill their Kabals/Wych Cults with only the finest and most deserving of those amongst us.
I and the other forum moderators are not able to monitor these boards every day of the week.  It is the responsibility of those in command to seek out and fill their own ranks.   

What is the Chain of Ascension?
Now for the part you’ve been waiting for. 
The current CoA is based off of the Dark Eldar Hierarchy as outlined in the CODEX.  To represent this, the current ranking structure is as follows:

Supreme Archon of Commorragh

Kabal/Wych Cult
Archon/Archite
Dracon/Dracite
Sybarite/Succubus
Warrior/Wych

Special titles
Haemonculus/Beastmaster

Supreme Archon of Commorragh.  This title is limited to only one member of the entire group and will be held on a rotating basis.  This individual will be elected on a quarterly basis by currently sitting Archons/Archites.

Archon/Archite.  These titles are limited to 4 and 1 respectively and will contain only those deemed extremely proficient in our ways.  These numbers may be increased/decreased as necessary.  Initial Archons/Archites will be selected.  Attaining this rank will be discussed later.  Each Archon/Archite may name his Kabal/Cult and recruit up to the maximum allowed members.  Replacing a member is allowed.  Each Archon/Archite may also develop a unique Avatar for those in his Chain of Ascension to exhibit pride and camaraderie.

Dracon/Dracite     
Limited to 2 per Kabal/Cult.  Dracons/Dracites are those individuals showing a great breadth of knowledge of all things Dark Eldar.  These individuals will be nominated by an Archon/Archite and must be approved by the rest of the council.   

Sybarite/Succubus
The future leaders of Commorragh.  Limited to 4 per Kabal and 5 per Wych Cult though these numbers may also be increased/decreased as necessary.  These individuals will be chosen by the Kabal/Cult in which they will serve.  Each Sybarite/Succubus may have up to 5 Warriors/Wyches serving under him in a squad.   

Warriors/Wyches
Open to the general population of the boards.  Currently limited to 5 per squad. 

Haemonculus/Beastmaster
Special advisors to the Archon/Archite they serve.  These are nominative positions and will require no approval of the council.  However the numbers are limited to 2 per Kabal/Cult.  Each Haemi may have up to 2 Grotesques.  Beastmasters may have up to 2 Warbeasts. 

Can I switch alliances?
Would this be a Dark Eldar forum if you couldn’t?  However in order maintain your current rank, there must be an open slot in the Kabal/Cult you wish to join. 

How do I attain the rank of Sybarite/Succubus and above?
There are 2 ways to do this.  The first is to receive an invitation and accept it.  The second way is through ascension.  In order to successfully execute a coup, the individual wishing to replace someone above him must have the approval of everyone of equal rank (i.e. for a Sybarite to “kill” a Dracite and take his place, he must have every Sybarite in that Kabal PM the Mod stating their approval).  An announcement will then be made and positions switched.  To replace an Archon or Archite, however will require additional approval of the council.
Titles may also be stripped from individuals for the following:
Serious breach of 40K Online rules or etiquette.  Not only in the DE board but the rest of the Forum as well.
Long periods of inactivity.  (Vacations, work or school related, ect are obviously taken into consideration)
Willful resignation.
Attaining or applying for a rank in another board’s Chain of Command. 
Any Archon may propose the removal of a rank from any individual on the boards regardless of Kabal affiliation.  A simple majority vote of the council is all that will be required.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:05:07 PM by ollieb »
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
Re: Commorragh Chain of Ascension
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »
Current CoA positions:

Supreme Archon
Ollieb

Incubi
celestial.dragon
DigitalOverride

Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
Archon
Archonbjorn

Dracon
Defanatic
Faithlessmonkeigh

Haemonculi
Aesir Yggdrasil

Sybarites
Dranshmont
Jonathan12
CODEXsc
Krunek

Warriors
Grand_master_glaviu s
Brothercaptainrace
Lord Askanidog
Farseer Shizukanashi

Kabal of the Raging Beast
Archon
Rathnard

Dracon
Ventris
-bill-

Haemonculi
Mahahelel
Ra' Araiq-Horak

Sybarite
 D4rKn3sS,
  Warrior: The Prince
  Warrior: Deamian

Sybarite
 Flood NZ
  Warrior: Khemri Daemon
  Warrior: Lobo (TheJester)

Sybarite
 Abuk
  Warrior: MacVurrich

Sybarite
 Just Chillin'
  Warrior: Grand_master_glaviu s
  Warrior: Trooper Caffran

Kabal of the Twilight Wraith
Archon
Scorn

Haemonculi
Danceman
Xenos Kallikrates

Dracon
Pogrom
Deloth Vyrr

Sybarite
Helsreth
Tenozuma

Warriors
Celestial.dragon

Cult of Gore
Archite
Ollieb

Dracite
Archite Balthraka
Kwi'Kwag

Succubus
 Intellectawe
  Wych:  Harlequin Daniel
  Wych:  Tynstar
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 09:51:15 AM by ollieb »
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Shade, Bankai King

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »
Don't know if we can post here but

Congrats to all of you archons.
[CENTER

Offline Ra' Araiq-Horak

• Sakura...
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 08:57:43 AM »
So do these gentleldar (HA!) decide whether they begin a Kabal or Cult? I was under the impression that there would only be one cult by your first post, is that right?
We are the Hawks, we are Raptors that fly at speeds you cannot imagine, we strike without warning and kill without mercy. We’ll feast on you soul and bath in your blood, fear us…Harbingers of Doom, we come for you, there is no comfort…we are coming… WE ARE COMING!

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 09:38:26 AM »
Thanks for the nomination but i do not really intend to take part. I'm not too fond of such rank systems, and too much of a Tzeentchian right now anyway.

By the way...since some positions are strictly limited, perhaps there should be fixed guidelines on what time of inactivity results in the loss of the position (either complete loss or down by one rank at a time). A month?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 11:44:30 AM by Arcas »

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 10:28:40 AM »
Thanks Ollie and Ventris, Sephiroth re-incarnate.

Anyway, if were gonna play a little game like that. Am I allowed to stuff in insiders? Thus if I am able to discover a conspiracy I'l chop him in pieces? IMO the archons should also have to be able to screw them the other way around don't you think?

Anyway I will carefully try to hand pick my kabal members. I will act as a archon and lead a kabal. Mainly because I tend to play more with my kabal then Wych cult.

Name of the Kabal: The Bloodied claw of Despair.

If it ain't to much trouible Ollie. Could I instead of taking haemo's take incubus as members to consult with? Just curious. (As I almost never use those units but do love incubus)

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 11:18:52 AM »
OK I'll get Arcas replaced. 

Archonbjorn.  Nope no Incubi. 

Archon Ra' Araiq-Horak.  Yes there is a limit on Cults since there are fewer of them.  If more than one wants a Wych Cult that'll be worked out.

Offline Kritik

• Banned troll: My arrogance couldn't be matched!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 01:34:53 PM »
And for the less blessed, we basically have to sit tight until one Archon grants us the blessing?
I used to think that I knew everything,
but now I'm just banned.

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 02:45:50 PM »
I believe it is so.
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 03:07:50 PM »
I would like to have Definatic as my Dracon. I already pmmed him and am waiting for his response.

on a sidenote. PMing me about it won't really help you. min you that I am simply picking the members that earned the title the most. Somehow his acc name sticked into my mind so he probaly did something positiv.

I would also like to ask for Faithlessmonkeigh to respond here. Dude if your willing. Then I would like you to be the second dracon of mine. Seeing as you also stick into my mind.

Offline faithlessmonkeigh

• Dracon. Nope, no more title shenanigans.
  • let me!! judge you!!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 05:26:25 PM »
im archonbjorns man then,
 may the monkeigh scum cower in their nests

faithless

...Aaaaaaaand you completely missed the point of the topic.  Thanks.
-Kyure -

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 12:28:05 AM »
Well thats one. Still waiting for Definatic his response.

Next thing I am gonna look out for is for my haemonculi. I think that I already have someone in mind.

Edit: Definatic accepts you can pm him to ask it.

Pmmed someone for the rank of haemonculi. Still waiting for his response.

(Better snatch away all the good members in front of the archons eyes now its still possible :P)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 12:32:09 AM by Archonbjorn »

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• The Twisted Haemonculus
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 01:07:03 AM »
Any word on whome is to replace Arcas?
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline Balthraka

• Dracite
  • This is a lie
    • Betting on Monopoly
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 01:40:35 AM »
Sweet its up and running!!!

I guess i will sit and wait, and hope someone in a Wych Cult will ask me to join!

AB
COME SEE THE BIG LIST OF CHAOS ARMY LISTS FOR SOME TRIED AND TESTED LISTS USED BY FORUM MEMBERS

Offline Rathnard

• Sybarite
  • If you were dead, I'd be home by now...
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 05:47:54 AM »
I see my superiority above the other Dark Eldar has finally been recognised. All hail Lord Rathnard of the Kabal of the Raging Beast!

I guess I should start looking for minions for my chain of command. Hmmm, where to start...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 05:59:09 AM by Rathnard »

"There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything"

-Werner Erhard

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 06:25:22 AM »
Pmmed a second member with the haemonculi position (just to keep you guys updated)

I will start looking for Sybarites once my job is done. Or tomorrow if I am to lazy today. I also allow my Dracons and haemonculi to give suggestions for my Sybarites and grots. So Definatic and fatihles, start looking for worthy members and pm me with your suggestions.

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 07:34:09 AM »
Just a question here, will my old title disappear?

I am rather fond of it since it was given quite a few years ago in the old faishoned way. still have no idea who gave me my title but it has grown on me.
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 07:37:43 AM »
I may be slow but i just realised this.
Congrats to you ollieb on your Surpreme Archonship.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 07:51:45 AM by Ventris, Sephiroth re-incarnate »
[CENTER

Offline Kritik

• Banned troll: My arrogance couldn't be matched!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 07:50:08 AM »
Has it already been decided?
I used to think that I knew everything,
but now I'm just banned.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 07:52:13 AM »
Has it already been decided?
JUst look at his title.
[CENTER