News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Death  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Krathen Astreyk

• I wish I could make my eye's glow in the shadows.
Re:Death
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2002, 10:48:43 PM »
That is a logicical progression though I don't think we will advance into aliens I feel we will advance into a higher plane say being able to move through time as though it were space.
Maybe if I hold really still in my cammo the bloodthirster won't eat me when I shoot it through the skull.....
-last thought of Deak the unlucky Eldar Ranger

Offline Cormer Lir

• Farseer of Isthalion
  • Ancient
  • The Hand of Khaine
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2002, 11:42:50 PM »
I rather rarely feel a desire to "end it all", but I will confess to a burning curiousity to see just what happens at or after death.  Which probably isn't all that healthy, but heck.  It's a fascinating question.  

I will admit to taking the pessimist's view, namely that once the last electrochemical impulses of my brain expend themselves, everything that is "me" will cease to exist.  Which makes the time I have here a bit more important, I reckon....
"It is not the strength, but the duration of great sentiments that makes great men."
                                                          -Nietzsche

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2002, 09:29:58 AM »
Here is a hyperthetical question

If you were shot and you realised that you were about to die and your killer dropped the gun. Would you

1. Shoot your killer
2. Shoot yourself again
3. Shoot randomly at crowds

Well what do you think? What would YOU do?
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline Tuisich-Anastari

• Raven Lord of the Alfheim Craftworld
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2002, 10:14:10 AM »
um...I choose #4, none of the above.  I'd be looking for my loved ones/someone to give them a message saying goodbye and I love them and all that stuff.  And then I'd be praying with my last breath.
"A careful study of the Bible would convince many people that it is a very different
book than they assume it to be." --Loraine Boettner, The Reformed Doctrine Of Predestination

This post is dedicated to all those who never have a post dedicated to them.

Offline Raxor

• I'm a camel!
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2002, 10:22:04 AM »
quote:
when we are first anything we were a little blob of cells. Then we bacame more advanced and were babys. then more advanced adults. wouldnt it make sence that we would continue to advance. now what is more advanced than humans hmmm.. aliens so we are gonna end up as aliens

I dont think we'll advance into aliens, I think we will advanse into....Death.

By the way I definately agree with Cormer Lir.

I cant belive that I'll get to meet some god when i die or get reincarnated even if i would like to belive it (wich I do). Guess I weren't indoctrinated as a kid.

Offline Raxor

• I'm a camel!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2002, 10:24:48 AM »
I live in sweden by the way and a little heat from hell wouldent be that bad ;D

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2002, 10:33:08 AM »
4 would be do nothing and die in a bloody pool.

I forgot to say you had sceonds unless you had loved ones near by stick to the hyperthetical question.
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2002, 11:06:44 AM »
I'd shoot the guy. If he was non-threatening, I'd shoot out his feet and hands. Just to be on the safe side that he would hurt anyone else. That is...if I can reach the gun in my agony, and if I can shoot straight.

In any case, I'm in no particular hurry to die. Although I suppose it wouldn't be any real big deal....it'd be like the Final Sleep. You know no more. Still, we all have an aching urge to make ourselves immortal. There are two basic ways to do this. Have children [who will assume your likeness....sorta] and become a legend. Much like Bill Gates and people like Achillies and Odysseus. They will forever live on in our stories as long as the rest of us stand.

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2002, 01:07:05 PM »
I'd shoot at the guy!!! he killes me i kill him. but  as 4 the death thing i beleive that our souls are infinite and live forever and live in the spirit world, and our bodies are vessels for souls, when the body is exausted we return to the spirit world and come back in another body, but also a new memory etc oh great now my brain is screwed up!!!!!!!!! i'm going to die!!!!!!!!!!!! a message to all, everyone likes summer righ? well most people only live 4 80-90 summers on average and you've alredy had at least 14-30! :o bwahahahahahahahaha haaa
consume the magical plant

Offline Krathen Astreyk

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2002, 03:44:08 PM »
right who killed me in my own blood on the closest object and if time allows write my last words underneith them.
Maybe if I hold really still in my cammo the bloodthirster won't eat me when I shoot it through the skull.....

Offline Zeus

• Know your enemy and know yourself.
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2002, 03:46:32 PM »
quoting sargent barnes from Platoon "death....what do yall know about death.....come on potheads id like to hear this"
Im a cowboy......on a steal horse i ride, and im wanted ........ Dead or Alive.

Offline Krathen Astreyk

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2002, 05:27:56 PM »
I know death he comforts me when no one else will He keeps me from destroying those that are not ready to die he talks to me when I am alone and keeps me when you all laugh.

Offline SeƱorFuegan

• -Destruction-
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2002, 06:36:33 PM »

I do not fear biological death, but rather psychic death. The loss of consciousness would perhaps the most terrifying fate of all.

psychic death, to me, means oblivion.  and i think oblivion is different than amnesia, cause you don't come back from oblivion yet amnesiacs sometimes snap to and remember everything.

Offline Calebone

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2002, 10:02:30 PM »
I wouldn't really mind just being wiped away. I wouldn't have to everience millions and millions of year of psychic consiosness or whatever.

And of cours, I wouldn't want to have an ever wandering fate.

kademorton

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2002, 12:58:48 AM »
i don't belive in religion, but i do beleive in reincarnation...
the whole talk of death...is death a supernatural being that ends this agony that is life for us? (life is agony-Budda saying) ive noticed that people on this post sometimes reffer to death as "HE". is death a "SHE"? is it a being at all? or is it just a pittyfull human concept...makes you think doesn't it?

Offline Calebone

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2002, 11:29:26 PM »
I don't really think death is a being. Logicly, there can be no single being of a type, unless all the otheres died.

kademorton

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2002, 12:33:52 AM »
there could be a whole race of these supernatural, ethereal grm reapers... :o

Offline Calebone

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2002, 10:18:32 AM »
Has anyone read the 'His Dark Materials' series? Ya know, the golden compass, subtle knife, amber spyglass. MAybe they're like spetres. Soul-eaters.

Offline Wolf Eyes Bane

• Lord of Misspelling and Illogic
  • One Must always watch out for their people
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2002, 01:19:53 PM »

Ah yes, that too. If one gets amnesia [the biological equivilent of an erased hard drive], then your entire memory is wiped. Well....not everything, but quite a bit. The basic stuff is covered [eat, sleep, drink, ect] and perhaps even some personal habits. However, as much of your personality is 'wiped', you [if not helped by close friends and family] will basically turn into a completely different person.

....odd.

That Is one of the theroies, but not the most accepted one.  You can never losse memory, unless thouse brain cells die.  Once they are used they contain that memroy.  Amenisa is more the body's inability to path the brains nerology to stimulate thouse cells in order to "remember" the memory.  It is still there but very very hard to bring up if not impossible.
Me Fail English that umpossible.
Yes my spelling is horrid and my grammer can falter at times.
There are 11 types of people in the world. Thoose who can read binary and thoose who cant and thoose who dont understand this.

Offline Raxor

• I'm a camel!
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2002, 01:33:11 PM »
Death is a he. A sceleton and he always speak in big Syllables.

Disc world rox.