News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [1850] "Walkerspam" Chaos List  (Read 1660 times)

Offline MagicJuggler

• Juggling a load of balls
  • Nobody expects the Spanish Ynquisition.
[1850] "Walkerspam" Chaos List
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:16:21 PM »
I'm almost done building my main Chaos army, but I have a second hypothetical list I may do in the far future, as an excuse to empty out the Bitz box! This list is something of a "joke" list that I think still has potential. With three detachments, it's ITC-compliant and fully Battle-Forged.

++Helforged Warpack [Primary]++
Bonus Summary: Multiple uses ("Infinite Use" effectively) of Daemonforge, as long as the Warpsmith is alive. One Walker gains a 4+ Invul and becomes a Character.
Warpsmith - 110
Defiler - 195 [Warppack Alpha, Warlord]
Forgefiend - 175
Forgefiend - 175
Forgefiend - 175
Helbrute w/ Multimelta & Fist - 100

++Helcult++
Bonus Summary: The Cultists are Fearless, no matter what. :)
Helbrute w/ Multimelta & Fist - 100
35 Cultists - 150
35 Cultists - 150

++Forgehost++
Bonus Summary: Fancy rerolls to-hit/wound with the Soulgrinders
Soulgrinder of Slaanesh w/ Baleful Torrent - 170
Soulgrinder of Slaanesh w/ Baleful Torrent - 170
Soulgrinder of Nurgle w/ Phlegm Bombardment - 180

Total: 1850

This is a very basic list that does one thing: Saturate lots of armor, shoot you, and keeps moving forward. The Warpsmith hangs back to repair stuff and not die but is otherwise a tax. Forgefiends are to blow through vehicles early on, as well as to pop Void Shields. The Cultists mostly run around cover and string out for objectives, while buffering against Deepstriking Melta/DScythes/etc. The Slaaneshi Grinders are effectively pseudo-Maulerfiends due to Fleet and bonus Run.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: [1850] "Walkerspam" Chaos List
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:01:28 AM »
Wow. That's a LOT of walkers. I dig it.

Two questions:
1) What supplement are the Hellforged Warpack and Hellcult formations in? I don't remember seeing them in the Black Legion one. Or anywhere else for that matter.

2) Defiler as Warlord, eh? What table would you roll on? Strategic, I assume, or is there another one that would boost it's abilities in some way?

Offline MagicJuggler

• Juggling a load of balls
  • Nobody expects the Spanish Ynquisition.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
The Warpack is from Traitor's Hate, and the Helcult from the 6th ed Helbrute dataslate. And Strategic, yup. Infiltrate would be ideal, as it lets me spread the cultists out, or put my Defiler in a better firing position.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 08:39:11 PM »
I like this!  It will hard-counter a lot of lists, so I don't recommend springing it on people (that you like), but it would be an interesting thing to encounter at a tournament or as part of a thematic battle. I'd love to see Fuegan lead a couple aspect hosts of fire dragons against something like this. 

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 07:10:49 AM »
This list if freaking sweet! The Forgefiend and Maulerfiend are really good... I actually think I'd be in trouble against a list like this... even with my Hornets and Fire Dragons. This army would look insanely awesome on the tabletop too. Really cool... I'd definitely endeavor to get this list on the board!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/