News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rogue Trader Combi-Weapons  (Read 1605 times)

Offline greenlectern

• What's the point of rhetorical questions?
Rogue Trader Combi-Weapons
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »
Hi all, so this is a bit of a random question, but I'm hoping someone who has played Rogue Trader before can help me (I started in 2nd Edition)!

I'm building a Chaos Space Marine army mostly using classic Rogue Trader models. I want to convert some of them to carry Combi-Bolters, but I want to use authentic pieces for the conversions. I.e. I would only want to use a weapon for the conversion if it was the Rogue Trader equivalent of a Combi-Bolter in 8th edition.

My question is, can anyone tell me what the rules were for the Combi-Weapon from the old Rogue Trader Inquisitor model with'Combi-Weapon'? Did the weapon work like a Bolter strapped to another Bolter, because that is the one I am thinking of using?

The model in question is this one:

Quietly Raging: Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor with combi-weapon

If the weapon worked a bit like a Bolter strapped to another Bolter then that is what I am looking for! But if the weapon, which, despite its name, looks like a Bolt Pistol with an additional barrel strapped on top, is basically a pistol, then that is not what I am looking for!

Thanks a bunch!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: Rogue Trader Combi-Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 09:01:41 PM »
Combi-weapons weren't in Rogue Trader that I flipped through. A page number to correct my mistake always welcome.

No way will we spell out a rule for you rather than point to its location yet this question has a lot going on here.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline greenlectern

• What's the point of rhetorical questions?
Re: Rogue Trader Combi-Weapons
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »
Thanks for looking for me. Maybe the rules were specifically for the Inquisitor's weapon. Does anyone else happen to know anything about this?