News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pt Necron List (Plan to purchase)  (Read 623 times)

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Necrontyr Immortal | Ripper
  • Needs more Desu
2000pt Necron List (Plan to purchase)
« on: August 23, 2009, 02:11:22 AM »
I haven't bought any models yet, so I am flexible on everything.

2000 pts

Necron Lord
210pts
Resurrection orb/Phase Shifter/Solar Pulse/War Scythe

Paraihs x 7 252pts

Immortals x6 168pts

Immortals x5 140pts

2x Warriors x10 360pts

2x Destroyers x5 500pts

2x Heavy Destroyers x2 260pts

Tomb Spyders x2 110pts

Tactics:  Warriors, Immortals, Paraihs, and lord will comprise the center of the army.  Two flanks will be one unit of destroyers, heavy destroyers, and a tomb spider.  Lord will move with the pariahs, and soak a couple of dangerous shots.  Immortals and warriors will provide cover to the paraihs.  I am not expecting much from the paraih more than a scare unit to soak fire.  But I think they look cool, and will actually scare TH/SS terminators.

I know I am low on scoring units, but I am hoping to hold one objective and use the destroyers to contest other objectives late game.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:02:35 AM by nerzuhl »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: 2000pt Necron List (Plan to purchase)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »
I think you left out the warscythe on your lord.

The solar pulse is kinda neat for an army that will advance like this, since you'll need to get the Pariahs forward as quickly as possible along with the rest of the force.

Keep the spyders in such a location so that the pariahs and lord can support either one if need be. The warriors - since your phase point is 11, leaving a team in reserve will not be as helpful as if it were 9. By providing cover to the Pariahs with warriors and Imms, I hope you mean covering fire - the Pariahs should always take the shots first, since they aren't gonna break and their loss won't phase you out. And especially because they want to play the middle of the field if not the front line.

If you could drop a destroyer or two, and squeeze in a scarac team and one more spyder to protect your center/team up with your Lord towards either flank when needed, I think you'd be in pretty good shape. The scarab team could be as small as 3 models though generally, 4-5 is best, as it can force enemy assaulters to take the long way around, buying more time for you to shoot.

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Necrontyr Immortal | Ripper
  • Needs more Desu
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:59:09 AM »
This army costs abuot 670 bucks, is that about average for a 2k army?

And as far as armies go, are necrons monetarily cheaper than most armies?

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:33:53 AM »
Dunno, I almost never pay full price for minis. Also I'm happy with my mostly skill-less conversion work, so I saved money by converting loads of things from battleforce boxes.

I would expect to pay 500$ on a 1750ish army, so 670$ sounds plausible, without any discounting.