News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt ressurection army  (Read 569 times)

Offline LeVoidDragon

• Say hello to my little friend!
1500pt ressurection army
« on: January 19, 2007, 12:15:55 AM »
HQ: Lord: Rez Orb, Chronometron, Phylactery, Gaze of Flame
      Lord: lightning Field, Chronometron, Phylactery, Gaze of Flame

Troops: Warriors×15
           Warriors×15
           Warriors×15

HS: Tomb Spyder
      Tomb Spyder
      Monolith

Tell me what you think
(\\_/)
(O.0)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

The nice men in white coats have given me a nice room all to myself, it's very nice with its padded walls.  They even gave me a complimentary jacket.

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
Re: 1500pt ressurection army
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:54:28 AM »
On your second lord I'd probably take off the lighting field and chronometron, and give him a destroyer body as there will nearly always be in one army some sort of artillery/heavy weapons squad that will be shooting at you. Sure it wont be keeping in with the theme but if you dont have it you'll be peppered away with high strenght weapons from a distance that you will probably wont reach till turn 5-6. Otherwise your doing a good job keeping in with the theme. Or you could also drop a tomb spyder but keep your lord the same but maybe drop a piece of wargear like lightning field and get some scarabs as they will do the same job as my mentioned option for creating a destroyer lord but cheaper :).

Otherwise your doing a great job keeping with theme, also are the points exactly 1500 as you havn't posted how much each unit cost?
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline uriël1978

• Time for a beer
Re: 1500pt ressurection army
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:27:49 AM »
I'd drop the lightning field and both chronometrons. The lightningfield is only usefull in CC and that's not a place you want to spend a lot of time. Also it only works if you're necrons are taking wounds and the gaze of flame reduces the amount of attacks the enemy gets when he charges you, therefor also reducing the amount of wound you take. The chronometron is only useful when one party breaks from combat and falls back. If you lose the combat and fail the morale check, your low Initiative will probably get you wiped out before you get to the falling back. If the enemy is falling back, half the time it's better not to catch up with him and just pump some more gauss shot in them.
Give the second Lord also a RezOrb. That way, when you teleport him and a squad with the deepstriking(?) Lith, you don't have to worry about RezOrb range. Drop a spider and get some scarabs and don't forget to give disruption fields to the little guys, that way they can take on enemy vehicles hiding in the back of the battlefield like a basilik or some other nasty artillery.
Click on the eggs and hatchlings