News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: **Harlequins VS Daemonhunters Battle Report**  (Read 909 times)

Offline Greater Solitaire

• I'm not sure I get the deal with llamas
    • My Website
**Harlequins VS Daemonhunters Battle Report**
« on: August 12, 2003, 09:17:33 PM »
Daemonhunters VS Harlequins

Harlequins hiding behind walls on their side.
Demonhunter predator tank is behind tank traps to give it hull down on its side.  Five Gray Knights, and a Chaplain and an Apothecary await deepstriking via teleporting.

Turn 1 - Harlequins
The Harlequins peer out from behind the walls and decide to wait for the incoming Gray Knights and Chaplain with his Apothecary.

Turn 1 - Daemonhunters
The predator tank attempts to shoot down walls multiple times, but only shakes the massive structures.

Turn 2 - Harlequins
The Harlequins back up from the rumbling walls and await the deep striking foes.

Turn 2 - Daemonhunters
5 Gray Knight Terminators materialize behind the walls close to the Harlequin Troops, and the Chaplain and his Apothecary also arrive.  The gray knights shoot at the solitaire with Psi-Cannons and Bolters who happened to be at the front lines.  The Solitaire looked apathetically as the knights raised their weapons to fire, and is vaporized.  The demon hunters now turn their fire to a squad of harlequins, and bring down one.

Turn 3 - Harlequins
The army moves toward ferocious knights.   From father back two Death Jesters fire their Brightlances upon the Gray Knights.  As the shots blast through the armor of a knight leaving a gaping hole, the now seeming empty suit crumbles to the ground.  The harlequins fire their fusion pistols at the Gray Knights as well, but their blasts bounce off the surface of the armor merely heating it a bit.  The Harlequins no decide to charge into close combat with the Grey Knights despite that players around say it is folly, however the Harlequins shine in combat and bring down two knights, and as the blur of motion subsides and two now decapitated knights fall to the ground, the other two knights valiantly fight back against the Harlequins, and amazingly slaughter the five of them.

Turn 3 - Daemonhunters
The tank again fires a volley of firepower into the concrete walls, but still to no avail.  The knights again take up their weapons once again and fire against the Death Jester, and he is cut in two.  The Chaplain now fires at the remaining Death Jester, but he merely laughs at his attempt to hit him.  The Chaplain now assaults the ShadowSeer, and the ShadowSeer quickly lashes out, but fails to inflict damage, however the chaplain does manage to wound him.  

Turn 4 - Harlequins
The Death Jester again fires at the Gray Knights and takes the head off another, leaving one knight left.  The ShadowSeer now continues the fight between the Chaplain and him and has nearly kills him, while the Apothecary helplessly looks on in terror.  A squad of harlequins leaps into combat with the Chaplain and finish him off, then pulping the Apothecaries innards, and as they pull their razor sharp blades out the product of these contraptions spills out upon the ground.

Turn 4 - Daemonhunters
The gray knight assaults the harlequins but is cut down by the ShadowSeer who hops to the side and rams his blades into the less agile knights side.  All that is left of the Demonhunters force now is their tank.

Turn 5 - Harlequins
The Harlequins move up behind the walls now so that they may soon rush out and attack the tank.

Turn 5 - Daemonhunters
The tank fires again at the wall but is not breaking it.

Turn 6 - Harlequins
The Harlequins begin their charge and rush out of behind the walls.

Turn 6 - Daemonhunters
The tank shifts into reverse and clambers backwards fearfully of the coming onslaught, and attempts to shoot at the Harlequins but by some foul trick is unable to see them!

Turn 7 - Harlequins
The squad and ShadowSeer continue to advance onward to the Predator.

Turn 7 - Daemonhunters
The tank, still rushing backwards away from the foes ahead, aims its weapons and then fires, but misses the quick Harlequins.

Turn  8 - Harlequins
The Harlequins rush towards the tank yet again trying to catch up, and shoot the tank front through the metal obstructions in front of it knowing they can only glance it, but still can’t manage to damage it.

Turn 8 - Daemonhunters
The tank now looks to shoot down the Harlequins, but their Holo Suits screw up its fire, but out of the volley it still manages to kill three harlequins much to their dismay.  But before it is all over the vehicle ejects four smoke grenades in an attempt to flaw any further attacks against it.

Turn 9 - Harlequins
They move up to the side of the tank, and with a driving zeal press and fire their fusion pistols up against it, and shoot clear through the tank, from inside they hear the screams of the drivers agony as he is burned into his seat and charred, and the engine is somehow hit as well by the other shot, leaving the Harlequins little time to dive away, but just enough to escape the explosion of the tank.

My thoguhts on the battle:
All in all I think I did pretty well, however I realized that the first thing an enemy can shoot at DOES NOT need to be the Solitaire.  He didn't even get to do anything.  I did start getting worried once I had only two Harlequins and a ShadowSeer.  I also enjoyed surprising the Daemonhunters with my CC skills, I don't think anyone thought the Harlies would peform as they would.  This battle also helped me develop a strategy:  pick walls as terrain and have Death Jesters go and shoot stuff until the enemy comes to kill the DJs, and then come out from behind the walls with my other guys.

My army for this battle was:
ShadowSeer
-D-Field
-Shuriken Pistol/Bio Ammo
-Powerblades/Kiss

Solitaire
-D-Field
-Shuriken Pistol/Bio Ammo
-Powerblades/Kiss
-Haywire and Tanglefoot Grenades

2 Death Jesters
-2 Brightlances

2X 5 Harlequins
-2 Fusion Guns
-2 Harlequins Kisses
Jesus Saves!

For God so loved the earth that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Pass it on!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:**Harlequins VS Daemonhunters Battle Report**
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 03:20:56 AM »
Why play 9 turns? Few battles reach over 6 turns, and you play 9?

Good job on those hunters. They are really quite the pain. I have had luck with riveblades against them on some occasion, but they are hard to crack en masse.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 12:07:11 PM »
Well, the turns weren't taking long, and we were fighting to the death.
Jesus Saves!

For God so loved the earth that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Pass it on!

Offline Grimm

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 01:44:30 PM »
pretty odd forces in both games for your opponent. (DH and Necrons). You guys aren't using the standard force organization? I don't see any troops in the DH list and only one squad in the Necron list.

• My Website
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 02:11:15 PM »
Well, I had had a properly constructed army, maybe if I the necrons had built right they wouldn't be able to take the Monolith  :(
Jesus Saves!

Pass it on!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 02:48:57 PM »
*always check your opponent's armylist*
*always*

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 07:19:08 AM »
I feel that the Harlequins need to play some sort of
counter strike tactics. With a small number of models in
the army (less than Ravenwing?), there is no other
way of playing, or is there another?

• My Website
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 10:56:54 AM »
Thats basically what I do, especially since I don't have vehicles  :'(  Ugh I had to get into this after I bought a computer, lol, I wouldn't give it up though apparently.
Jesus Saves!

Pass it on!