News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Warhammer Fantasy starter box content- starter box pictures  (Read 4028 times)

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
Ok,

the 8th edition rumour thread had some information on the starter box content.

via Warseer's NixonAsADaemonPrinc e

High Elves
    Prince on Griffon
    Mage on foot
    20 Sea Guard
    10 Swordmasters of Hoeth
    5 Ellyrian Reavers

Skaven
    Warlord
    Warlock
    40 Clanrats
    20 Slaves
    Poisoned Wind Mortar
    Warpfire Thrower
    2 Rat Ogres with Packmaster
    5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers

Well, I found an eyewitness description by Acez who claims to have seen the box's content.

Okay, so I do not have any pictures but today the box for the new Warhammer Fantasy box set came into my local GW while I was there. The manager of the store let everyone pretty much see what was in the box and I can tell you the stuff is amazing. The griffon is litterally a whole sprue, it's huge and it looks phenominal. If I guessing the wings are probably a good 5-6 inches long on each side, and the body of the griffon is no smaller then the Krok-gar model. The Mage on the sprue is pretty cool too as it's floating on some fire or something, but still very detailed. The swordmasters are much like the Space Hulk minis in that each one I saw had some different iconography on them but they still looks crazy cool. I didn't get to peek to much at the skaven stuff but it's pretty amazing stuff. I hope some other people got to see them today as well, and maybe took a snap shot of the stuff.

same poster

Okay sorry, i didn't explain that right i guess. the Mage is on foot, and is floating on some fire like the ones you get now(him standing on rocks or the metal ones on the elemental). The griffon and his prince were together on a sprue. There are some spearmen in the box, but the other thing i didn't mention was that this box didn't have the art and everything on it, cause i didnt think it mattered. It was just a regualr shipping box about the size of the actual intro box and it only had 4 sprues in it, so it was no way all the minis but it was some of them. Anyways, gonna go there today and try to get a picture of the stuff.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:09:09 PM by tryanotherone - On vacation 'til August 16th »
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Foalchu

Re: New Warhammer Fantasy starter box content
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:46:10 AM »
I can confirm the griffon rider and swordmasters, as well as at least one skaven cannon/mortar looking thing.  This is all from the glimpse I got upon delivering the box to the gw and seeing the manager open it.
"Some call the Eldar decadent.  If that is true, the Imperial Army could do with some of that decadence."
"We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood."
*cringe-worthy teen sig section removed*

Re: New Warhammer Fantasy starter box content - now with pictures
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:07:17 AM »
Ladies and gents,

we have some pictures but first a description by Hrugoff the destructor

I didn’t see any descriptions of the models, so I guess I’ll list them here (even though I’m sure we’ll have pictures within an hour).

High Elves:
The swordmasters are tall (Chaos Warrior tall), but with longer and more slender swords than the originals. Their overall pose is just like the current ones except with way more detail. The battle standard is very impressive and I'm surprised anyone could wield that thing effectively. There are only a few repeat models in the unit. The champion's pose is similar to the Avatars of War Elf Hero.

The Sea Guard are amazing. They are "vaguely" reminiscent of the old metal Sea Guard (like the hanging quivers on the back). They got really slick looking spears, a variety of helmet designs, and a piece of cloth around one shoulder to hold the bow in place on their backs. Their shields also have the LSG symbol on it. The champion has a fish emblem on his helmet and it's quite funny looking (but not in a bad way).

The ellyrion reavers are very impressive. The champion looks somewhat like the Kislev Winger Rider. The rest are all aiming forward with their bows. Unfortunately there is no musician and their heads are very similar. The only difference that I noticed between the heads was the positioning of feathers. Luckily you add their heads manually so you can put different ones on if you got some laying around.

The gryphon is posed like a pouncing tiger. Its mid jump and its wings are (for a lack of better words) erect and sprawled out. It's claws are one of the most menacing things you will ever see. Yes there is a throne on the griffon.

Then we got the High Elf mage which steals the show (as far as I'm concerned). His base is amazing and I'm not quite sure how to describe it. It's kind of like an orb of splashing water that you can see through. He also has dangly bits and a very impressive helmet that looks like it belongs in Lord of the Rings.

Skaven:
There isn't too much to say about the Skaven Clanrats as they all look like the current models. I saw no slaves or globidiers.

The two rat ogres are great. Their limbs are exaggerated in size (like the one the screaming bell), and one of them is in a posed like an idle gorilla. One has limbs strewn together like Frankenstien's Monster while the other has a chunk of warpstone in its shoulder deforming it's skin (all while having a machine infuse it with drugs).

The globidier mortar looks exactly like you think it would.

The warp fire thrower is pretty standard too apart from a small rat thats on fire

The master moulder looks pretty sweet and has a long prod like weapon. The engineer is aiming his pistol if I remember correctly.

And lastly is the Skaven Warlord. His pose is somewhat like Queek's, but has his own unique banner that has a chain going from the banner to his neck. He was my favorite of the Skaven models.

They are very sweet models if you ask me. Very few repeats (at least in the HE case). They all look to be 2-4 peice models.

High Elves by California Gamer

High Elves 2 by Scryer in the Darkness

Skaven  by BolS

More HE and Skaven by Brueckenkopf (summary)

Another summary by Kroothawk
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 08:10:18 AM by tryanotherone »

Re: New Warhammer Fantasy starter box content- starter box pictures
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »
Scryer in the Darkness share some pictures of the new WHF starter box.

close up

box with minis

Offline headfirst

• Still just me.
Re: New Warhammer Fantasy starter box content- starter box pictures
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »
While an incorrect list was first posted, the correct list of models has been confirmed by Games qorkshop, and can be seen in recent pictures

High Elves
    Prince on Griffon
    Mage on foot
    10 Sea Guard
    10 Swordmasters of Hoeth
    5 Ellyrian Reavers

Skaven
    Warlord
    Warlock Engineer
    40 Clanrats
    Poisoned Wind Mortar
    Warpfire Thrower