News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: im haveing trouble with my computer  (Read 358 times)

Offline beautiful disaster

im haveing trouble with my computer
« on: December 16, 2002, 05:53:34 PM »
i got this new cd burner. its called nero. i installed it and all the software on my computer i downloaded some patch from the site it still doesnt work.? i can get it to the point of burning the cd. i put the cd in and click burn. the process goes but nothing is happening in the cd burner. on the screen a thing came up showing the progress of the cd. nothing worked. the cd is still blank. it works fine at my dads and his computer is worse than mine. any help would be awsome.
at my dads the files are "real audio" files and here they are windows media files. thats my idea but i dont know how to change them. and im not even sure thats the problem.

Offline XfinianX

• Down with Bad Music!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • My Heart Bleeds No Longer
Re:im haveing trouble with my computer
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 06:18:00 PM »
do you know for sure its the program? have you double checked its not the drive?
subtle as a sledge hammer

Offline beautiful disaster

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 07:33:55 PM »
its probly not the program since i just installed the latest patch. and i dont think its the hardware because the cd burner works at my dads house.
oh and its an external cd burner if that makes a difference.

Offline Athenys Manan

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Live from the Eye of Terror
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 07:49:54 PM »
You might want to check and see if the version of Nero you are working with is compatible with the drive... portable drives particularly can have compatability problems. Also, you might not have the proper driver installed for your CD-burner device, that's a DLL btw. Make sure you go to the CD-burners manufacturer's website, THEN download the latest driver for your SPECIFIC model and OS. Go into Control Panel select the drive and install the new drivers. Reboot and then see what happens...