News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: orktober mission 1 orks vs ravenwing 1850pts  (Read 1449 times)

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
orktober mission 1 orks vs ravenwing 1850pts
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »
Mission 1:  "Get Past 'Dose Guyz

Mission Type:  Dawn of War

Mission Duration: Six turns

Mission Objective:  Kill Points Modified
-opponent gets a KP per 40K rules
-orks only gain KP's for each unit that exits off of their opponents table edge.  Orks gain 2KP for every unit that makes it off their opponents table edge.

Ork list
Weirdboy
Big mek-KFF, cyborg body, burna, bosspole
3 warbuggies-TL rokkits
3 warbuggies-TL rokkits
warbuggy-Skorcha
20 orks including nob with BP, PK and 2 boys with big shootas
20 orks including nob with BP, PK and 2 boys with big shootas
12 orks including nob with BP, PK in a trukk with Ram and plank
12 orks including nob with BP, PK in a trukk with Ram and plank
9 tankbustas including one with tankhammer and 3 bomb squigs
9 flash gitz with shootier and more dakka
2 battlewagons with killkannons

Ravenwing list
Sammael on landspeeder
Chaplain on bike
6 man biker squad with 2 plasma guns, power weapon, standard and apothacary (I call this the command squad)
6 man biker squad with 2 plasma guns, power fist
6 man biker squad with 2 melta guns, power fist
6 man biker squad with 2 flamers, power weapon
4 attack bikes with multimeltas (one for each bike squad, individual units not in a squad)
Landspeeder with multimelta, HF
Landspeeder with multimelta, HF
Landspeeder with multimelta, typhoon missile launcher

Notes
I played this game about a week ago but it has taken me a while to write it up. Photos will be inserted soon.
All directions (left or right etc) are from the ork players perspective.
We forgot to do night fighting in the ravenwing turn 1 so to make it fair he said I didn't have to worry about it either.

Ork deployment
both squads of 20 boyz along the half way line of the table, the squad on the left is in the open (hoping to run foward in the first turn and get into the trees in front of them) and the squad on the right in cover spread between the central ruins and the forest.
The weirdboy is placed in the centre of the table attatched to the right boyz squad.

Ravenwing deployment
Flamer squad deployed on the far left.
Command squad and sammael deploy on the left side infront of the left squad of orks

The command squad scout moves 5" foward to be 13" infront of the orks.
The flamer squad scout moves 5" foward to be 13" infront and to the left of the orks.

Ravenwing roll a 6 to seize the initiative. BASTARD.

Ravenwing turn 1
Movement
Everything moves onto the board.

Shooting
-Flamer squad flames the left mob of boyz and kills 5 with the flamers and 2 with the bolters
-4 attack bikes and the MM/HF land speeder fire their multimeltas at the mob of boyz on the right for a total of 3 dead orks
-The melta squad fire their bolters at the right mob killing 3 orks
-Sammael shoots at the right mob with assualt cannon and heavy bolter and I demonstrate the correct way to roll cover saves and only lose one ork
-The Plasma/PF bikers shoot at the right mob and kill one ork and put a wound on the weirdboy.
-The Command squad decides not to shoot incase I remove enough orks to make them out of charge range (a mistake as I wouldn't have removed the nob)

Total ork losses
-Left mob - 7 orks (fearless)
-Right mob- 6 orks, 1 wound on the weirdboy (fearless)

Assualt
Command squad assualts the left mob, flamer squad is out of range due to casualty removal.
Chaplain kills 3 orks
Sergeant kills 3 orks
The rest of the squad do 5 wounds but I roll 3 6's to keep most of the orks in the fight.
The boyz hit lots but can't roll any 6's (obviously used them all up) to wound the bikers but the power klaw cuts through the pleb and a plasma gunner.
I lose combat by a lot and need snake eyes to stay. The roll is bad but the nob uses his bosspole to kill of a boy and I roll snake eyes to keep the combat going. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. So the nob plus 3 boyz (2 of which have big shootas) are locked in combat.

Ork turn 1
Movement
Everything rolls on from the board edge. The flash gitz are in the big battlewagon and the tankbustas are in the smaller one.

Shooting
Weirdboy rolls an 11 for his psychic test so no powers this turn
-first squad of rokkit buggies shoot at the flamer squad and kill 1 pleb biker.
-second squad of rokkit buggies shoot at the flamer squad and miss horribly
-killkannon from the tankbustas shoot the flamer squad and kill another 2 plebs
-flash gits and their wagon moved 12" so can't shoot
-trukks shoot at the flamer bikers but do nothing.
-tankbustas have to shoot at Sammael but so nothing

Assualt
Command squad vs Left mob
Chaplain flops his attacks
Sergeant gets kills one ork
plebs kill one more and put a wound on the nob
the one remaining ork does nothing
All down to the power klaw and he misses all of his attacks.
I lose combat by 3 and fail the test, the bosspole kills the last ork (leaving only the nob) and I pass the test locking the command squad in combat for another turn.

Ravenwing turn 2
Movement

Shooting
-land speeder in the corner shoots it typhoon missile launcher at the rokkit buggies. Misses completely
-other land speeder in the corner shoots it typhoon missile launcher at the rokkit buggies. 2 Pens, 1 weapon destroyed and one crew shaken.
-Plas/PF bikers shoot at buggies, one plasma gunner overheats and kills himself and the other misses, the bolters get one glancing hit which shakes the already shaken buggy.
-Sammael unloads at the buggies, all of his shots hit, 2 pen, 1 gets saved byt the KFF and the other shakes the already shaken buggy (he is very shaken up at this point)
-The HF/MM land speeder flamers the right mob killing 2
-All 4 attack bikes rapid fire their bolters into the right mob killing 3 orks
-Melta/PF bikers shoot at the right mob and kill 3 and put a wound on the nob

Losses
-Right mob-8 (5 + nob + weirdboy left)
-buggies- 1 rokkit launcher gone and 1 shaken

Assualt
The chaplain finally kills the nob and the squad consolidates 5" backwards

Ork turn 2
Movement

Shooting
-Weirdboy rolls a 1 for his power and kills 2 of his own boyz
-Remaining shoota boyz shoot the melta/PF squad to no effect
-Flash gitz roll AP5 and shoot at the command squad causing 8 wounds and killing the apothacary and standard bearer (the 2 most important ones)
-The killkannons both target the back of the command squad and scatter off hitting nothing
-The rokkits from both rokkit buggy squads kill the flamer from the flamer squad
-Tankbustaz target sammael to no effect (AV14 land speeder is bullamphetamine parrot)
-Right trukk mob pistol at the command squad to no effect
-left trukk mob pistol the plas/pf squad and kill 1 pleb

Assualt
The right mob assualts the melta/PF bikers and drag in 2 Attack bikes through multi charging.
-The weirdboy kills an attack bike
-The attack bikes do no wounds in return
-The bikers kill 2 orks
-The boyz do nothing to the bikes
-The nob and the PF sergeant each make one kill
Drawn combat, weirdboy, nob (both on 1 wound, 3 boyz vs 1 attack bike and 5 bikers

The left trukk squad assualts the plas/PF bikers
-The bikers put a wound on the nob
-The boys do 6 wounds (one on each) and irronically the sergeant with powerfist dies
-The nob chops down 2 more bikers
fearless wounds kill off the squad and the orks consolidate 1" to spread out

The right trukk squad assualts the command squad
-Chaplain puts a wound on the nob
-sergeant kills 2 orks
-pleb kills 1 ork
-1 ork has to attack the chaplain but can't hurt him
-the remaining orks attack the bikers causing 5 wounds and killing the sergeant and plasma gunner
-The nob splatters the chaplain by hitting and wounding with all 4 attacks and he fails 3 of the invulnerable saves
This ends the combat and the squad gets a 4" consolidation to spread out and hide in the ruins

Ravenwing turn 3
Movement

Shooting
-Attack bike 1 shoots the skorcha buggy which is saved by the trees
-Attack bike 2 shoots the skorcha buggy which explodes
-HF/MM Land speeder flamers the left trukk mob killin 4
-2 flamer bikers flamer the right trukk mob killing 6 orks (nob+2 alive)
-Land speeder 1 fires its TML at the left trukk mob killing 3
-Land speeder 1 fires its TML at the left trukk mob killing 1
-Sammael fires everything at the left trukk mob killing 1 (demonstrating how not to roll to wound with 4 1's out of 6 hits)

The left trukk boyz take a morale check and the nob has to kill a boy with his bosspole to restore order and pass.

Assualt
The flamer squad assualts the right trukk mob and wipe them out and get a 6" consolidation

Right mob vs melta bikers
-The attack bike kills the weirdboy
-bikers attack the boyz but do nothing
-the boyz do one wound to the attack bike
-the nob klaws through 3 bikers
-the sergeant flops his attacks and kills no one
Fearless wounds kill the attack bike and the sergeant leaving only a a single melta biker left

This is essentially where my notes end (we were running out of time as I had to go to work soon) so the rest will be much less accurate and won't have any pictures

Ork turn 3
Movement
A trukk moves up to sit next to Sammael and the nob from the left trukk mob gets back in his trukk and uses the boarding plank to kill Sammael
The buggies zoom foward a bit
The 2 wagons move 6" foward

Shooting
-The big shoota on the trukk that killed Sammael stuns the MM/HF landspeeder
-The flash gitz roll another 5 for their AP but shoot the flamer bikers killing them all
-shooting from the rokkit buggies and remaining trukk kills a land speeder and shakes the other and takes off its TML
-The tankbustaz kill the HF/MM landspeeder by releasing all 3 bomb squigs

Assualt
The right mob of boyz (or whats left of it) finnaly dies to the dude with the melta

(by the end of this turn there is are 2 land speeders (one is shaken the other is stunned), 2 attack bikes and a biker with a melta, I am about 18" up the board with the 2 battlewagons and 30" up the board with the 2 trukks and 2 squads of rokkit buggies)
I have lost 2 mobs of boyz on foot, 1 mob of trukk boyz, a weirdboy and a skorcha buggy for a total of 5KPs out of my total 15.

Ravenwing turn 4
-The melta biker and attack bikes move towards the battlewagon, the melta biker can't do anything and my opponent says he should just take him off the board now, but the 2nd attack biker manages to blow up the big battlewagon killing a flash git.
-the shaken land speeder moves flat out to get behind my tankbustaz landraider

ork turn 4
-I one squad of buggies around a bit, one squad shoots at an attack bike and pop it.
-I move the other squad of buggies off the board.
-I move the trukk with the nob in it 18" to be 1" away from the board edge
-I detatch the big mek from the flash gitz and put him into the other trukk and drive it 12" to be one movement away from the board edge
-The flash gitz roll a 6 for their AP and shoot the crap out of the last melta biker who dies several times over
-the tankbustas get out of their battlewagon and shoot the landspeeder but it saves all of the shots, they then assualt it and the tankhammer gets a 6 to hit it and blows it sky high.
-the tankbustaz battlewagon moves 12" foward to be over half way up the table (and therefore able to make it off the board by the end of turn 6

Turn 5
At this point my opponent only has 1 attack bike left, he moves it into cover and tries to shoot the big meks trukk (which his KFF saves). I shoot it to death with the flash gitz and tankbustaz tabling him and then move the 2 trukks with their passengers off the board and the rokkit buggies follow them.
He is tabled and has 6 KPs to my 12KPs and I can get another 2 by moving the battlewagon off in turn 6, the only things which won't be able to get off the table in time is the (now) footslogging tankbustas and flash gitz who I think are perfectly happy to loot the spoils of the battle for new weapons.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: orktober mission 1 orks vs ravenwing 1850pts
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »
Yaaaahoooo! Another victory for the orks, you just gotta love it when the orks win.  ;D Of course we never lose, but winning is still better, good stuff!

A well written report, more good stuff! Can't wait to see the pictures.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 08:40:07 AM »
A good report. I was interested to see how the flash gitz and tankbusters did. Seems like the flashgitz did pretty well even when rolling high for ap.

I might have to test them out I think.

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »
The tankbustaz glory hogs rule was annoying because he kept putting sammael out in front and orks hate AV 14.
The flash gitz have done really well so far even though they can't seem to roll decent AP. I don't normally take them but they are doing alright. If they unload AP1 at a termie squad I will be a very happy ork.