News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Re: WotW Orktober: Fixin Da Krooza, Mission 2 closing soon Mission 3 open!  (Read 7481 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog

"CCCCAAAAAA!!! CCCCCAAAAAA!!! CAAAAAA!!!!" the emergency alarms blarred, stirring Gitbruza from his chambers.  Upon reaching the bridge of the battered Hammer Class BattleKrooza he immediatedly saw they were out of the warp and spinning towards a small moon.
"OI Whats goin on!!!"

One of the Meks striving to regain control of the ship just screamed back "We'ze outta control you dumb git!"  With a murderous glint in his eye Gitbruza grabbed the Mek by the throat, lifted him eye to eye and howled in his face "I'ze can see dat!  Where'ze da rest of da fleet?!?!"

The Mek struggled in the boss's powerful grip "I don't know, maybe if ya hadn't killed da WarpEad that was navigatin we wouldn't be in dis mess."  Angered by the Mek's truthful accusation Gitbruza flung him into a control panel.  "Whatz wrong wiff da ship?!?"

"Da powa core'z offline, we'ze need a jumpstart!" scremed another Mek attempting to regain flight control.
"Well den Fix it!"
"Can't, we'ze need an outside powa source to get it back online!"
"What about dat moon, dere a powa source dere?"

"Checkin sensors," said one of the Meks, eager not to earn the ire of Gitbruza. "yea, it lookz like an old humie generator, but I don't know if dat will work."

Sitting down in his command chair Gitbruza pronounced, "We'ze landin there, den we'ze gonna get dat powa and rejoin da Waaagh!"

Well its that time again lads, the Ork WotW is on the warpath with a CAMPAIGN!  Boss Gitbruza is separated from his main forces and his greatest killing machine, the mighty Hammer Class BattleKrooza is disabled.  This Ork campaign is an attempt to get his flagship, Gitbruza's Wrath back up and running to rejoin the Waaagh!  Armed with little more than your tactical prowess and a horde of Boyz at your back you are tasked with getting to the ancient generator and holding control of it long enough to steal enough power to get the Krooza's engines up and running.

The basics of this campaign are simple.  About every week or so, you will be presented with a new mission, all you have to do to be part of it is try to get a game in.  See not asking for much!  However you will be presented with bonuses for going above and beyond that base requirement.

Each mission played earns you 5 Teef, and in the event that you play all 3 missions during the allotted time you will earn an additional 5 Teef.  For every Batrep you post based off these missions you will gain 3 teef in addition to the standard 2 Teef usually granted for Bat Reps (Dat's right, you'll earn 5 Teef for each Fix da Krooza mission you submit a Bat Rep for!  Remember to post Bat Reps in the Battle Reports forum and link to it here).  A bonus three Teef for creating a piece of Campaign Fiction is also an available option.

Playing the Campaign
This campaign is open ended, you don't have to play a specific point cost, against a specific enemy race, or even against the same opponent each time.  What you will need though is a good attitude, and a stiff upper lip as the games in this campaign are not exactly easy (especially the first one).  Regardless of the outcome, please post what happened in your game as soon as you can after playing it, along with the race you fought against, the point cost you played at, and a notable occurrence or two.  Additionally if you wrote a Bat Rep or Campaign Fiction link to it in your weekly post.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:10:47 AM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: WotW Orktober: Fixin Da Krooza, Sign Ups open now!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 06:06:51 PM »
Playing the Missions
Unlike regular games of 40k, this campaign will feature three unique missions, each of which will be different from your standard game.  But never fear, as Orkz never loose!  My advice on playing each mission is to find your best skumgrod (Ork speek for favored enemy) and try out these nonstandard missions.  Remember to post your results as soon as you can in this thread!
   Mission 1 (Oct 1-14)
   Mission 2 (Oct 8-21)
   Mission 3 (Oct 16-31)

A Warning!
If you sign up for this event and don't get a single game in YOU WILL LOOSE TEEF.  Not many, a small penalty of 3 teef, but still, we'ze lookin for some competitors 'ere.  Besides Teef are awarded to WotW members for participating, and I'm being awfully generous with how many I'm giving away in this campaign.

Mission 1 Stats/Participants
Respekt Loss
angel of death 007 Victory against Tau
Rayvn70 Loss against Dark Eldar
Skeetergod Victory against Nids
Jack_Merridew
Axeblade Victory against Ravenwing
adamscurr Tie against Black Templar
Log Victory against IG

Mission 2 Stats
Respekt
angel of death 007 Victory against CSM
Rayvn70
Skeetergod Victory against Nids
Jack_Merridew
Axeblade
adamscurr Tie with Black Templars
Log Victory against SM

Mission 3 Stats
Respekt Victory against Blood Angels
angel of death 007
Rayvn70
Skeetergod Tie with Nids
Jack_Merridew
Axeblade
adamscurr
Log Victory against Eldar

Links to Bat Reps
Log's Orks Vs Guard
adamscurr's Aug's Armored Krumpany
Skeetergod's Gitburna Rides Through
AoD's Warboss Gitbruza's KoS vs Tau 1850 pts
Axeblade's Ork vs Ravenwing

Mission 2
Log's Mission 2 against SM
Skeetergod's Gitburna Finds Something
adamscurr's Aug's Armored Krumpany
AoD's Mad Dok Unleashed

Mission 3
Skeetergod's Buzzgob takes over
« Last Edit: November 1, 2011, 03:07:04 AM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »
Mission Briefings

Mission 1 Get Past 'Dose Guyz

"So where'z dis generata, I don't see it outside?" Gitbruza asked as he peered out the cracked viewport.
"Well," started a Mekboy, "if you remember we waz kinda out of control when we landed.  Sensors say it'z sixty miles away."
"Get da boyz movin, I want dat generata secured now."
"Uh Boss?"
"What?!"
"We'ze also gettin wyrd life readings, somefin is out dere."
"I'ze don't care who'z out dere, you getz me dat powa I need ter get dis ship runnin or I'll kill ya and find someone who can.  Now get movin!"

Mission 1 Rules
Non Standard Mission
Dawn of War Deployment (see pg 93 of the main rulebook)
Outflanking and Deep Striking is restricted; the only allowed Deep Strikes in this mission are Drop Pods/Mycetic Spores and a successful Wyrd Boy tellyports.  The Infiltrate rule is allowed.
Game Length: 6 Turns
Victory Conditions
Kill Points Modified.   Your opponent keeps track of his Ork kills as normal, but the Ork player does not accrue kill points for killing enemy units, rather the Orks gain 2 Kill Points for every Ork unit that successfully moves off your Opponents board edge.
The Orks have the first turn, no seize the initiative rolls.

A Note:
Now this mission it is entirely possible that you won't succeed, it is after all a suicide mission.  But in the off chance that you can make it past the opponent with one (or more) units you would have earned yourself a morale victory and done the WotW proud.  Be sure to post how many units you got off your opponents edge even if you did not win the match.

Mission 2
"Boss the boyz are almost at the generata!"
"Good so we'ze ready ta go?"
"They haven't taken it yet."
"WHY NOT!"
"Dose other boyz are there."
"KILL THEM AND GET ME BACK IN DA SKY!"

Mission 2 Rules
Non Standard Mission
Spearhead Deployment (see pg 93 of the main rulebook).  If possible place a large piece of scenery in the 12" center circle to represent the Generator
Game Length: 6 Turns
Victory Conditions
Objectives.  Your opponent places 3 objectives in the 12" center if possible with no objective closer than 6" of one another.  Think of each objective as a type of control panel, fuel port, injection manifold, reaction assembly, or other worky bit needed to operate the Generator.

Mission 3: Oi, We'ze Unda Attack!
"So when are we gonna get dis fing back in da air already?" asked the impatient Boss as he sat back down on his makeshift throne of a command chair on the bridge of the Krooza.  A greaselaiden Mek peered up from the control console he was fixing and replied, "Well we're getting da energy from da generator now, but they're unda attack."
"You mean 'deres a scrap and I ain't in it?!  Whose over dere leadin da boyz?"
The Mek just shrugged indifferently, "Who knows."

Mission Rules
Deployment: Pitched Battle modified.  The Ork Player will set up first, but needs to roll a D6 for each unit.  On a 4+ the unit will start in Reserve and on a roll of a 1 your opponent places the unit, this represents the total disorganization of the Orks.  The Attacker will get first turn (no seize the initiative), but does not set up any units, instead all his forces move on from his board edge on turn 1 (except for any units he chooses to hold in Reserve).
Terrain/Objective Location: 1 Objective marker will be located on a large scenery piece in the Ork Deployment Zone representing the generator
Turns: 6
Objectives: Hold the Generator
On Turn 3 and every turn afterward if the Objective is controlled OR contested by the Ork player roll a D6 to see if you have stolen enough power from the generator to get the Krooza running again.
    Turn 3   Turn 4   Turn 5   Turn 6   
       6+         5+        4+         3+       
If successful at powering the Krooza back up the game ends with the Orks victorious.  If unable to get the Krooza powered back up the game ends after Turn 6 with the winner determined by Victory Points.
If your opponent prevents the Orks from jump starting the krooza then he wins the campaign

Bonus Mission
   ***********CLASSIFIED BY THE INQUISITION***************

Campaign Schedule

Signups: Now thru Oct 7
Mission 1: Oct 1 - 14
Mission 2: Oct 8 - 21st
Mission 3: Oct 16- 31st

I hope everyone in the WotW enjoys this small campaign!

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:17:40 AM by OD from TV »

Offline Respekt

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Orks and maybe a fotm ;)
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
Sign me up, this sounds like loads of fun!
Cheers,

Respekt

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »
As always you can count me in.   I love a good chance to bring my orks to battle. 

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 07:44:12 AM »
I'm in, sounds like a blast

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 07:55:41 AM »
OOOOOHHHHH YAAAAAA! I'm in, put me down for some speed freak goodness.

As a side note, A while ago she who must be obeyed broke the shutter button on her camera, but it was my fault, so I now have unrestricted use of a camera, I just had to "mek" a new shutter button. Definitely not a speedy process but still usable. So I will be posting batreps.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »
As a side note, A while ago she who must be obeyed broke the shutter button on her camera, but it was my fault, so I now have unrestricted use of a camera, I just had to "mek" a new shutter button. Definitely not a speedy process but still usable. So I will be posting batreps.

LMAO you broke her camera for you to use, are you sure you're not kommando mek?

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
I believe what Skeetergod was trying to convey is because she who must be obeyed broke the camera, he now as full use of it now that he's fixed it with his mad mekboy skills.

As a slight spoiler and note, going Speed Freak is probably the best way to win mission 1, which even after toning down is still going to be a rather hard match.  Of course, you'll all just have to wait till the 1st to find out exactly what I mean.

Peace
~OD

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »
I will try to get the games in.  As per usual, my shedule is stupid busy this month, but...I should be able to sneek in at least 2 games.  Worse case, 3 teef lost is incentive enough to ask the neighbors kid to quick game in hopes of at least getting a bat rep.  (and indoctrinating a new ork player.)

Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 04:34:12 PM »
I believe what Skeetergod was trying to convey is because she who must be obeyed broke the camera, he now as full use of it now that he's fixed it with his mad mekboy skills.

I have personally seen Skeetergod's camera and I think it might have been sabatoge.   He was under she who must be obeyed's rules for camera use and then magically the camera breaks, yet not bad enough that it can't be rigged to work....   coincidence?   or oppertunity...   

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Sign me up. I have a tournament coming up that I have been practicing for and I'd like to try out some unusual missions.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
I'll sign up...  Can't say I can get all the games in as my orking is limited to when I can get away to play...  Worst case scenario, I can press my neice or brother into service as an opponent, but that is always somewhat one sided and makes me have to play both sides via suggestions to my opponent! lol

Hopefully I can get away to my LGS for a round or three!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 05:26:50 AM »
My name is already down, but officially sign me up! Drawing a list up as we speak using my new models.

If I post a bat rep it will probably have vassal pics because having only bought the army on ebay earlier this week it's hardly picture worthy and I'll probably have to use a bit of count as to flesh out some units for now.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2011, 08:16:53 AM »
OI! (buries big choppa into the floor boards) Wheres dis first mishin?

I have two planned games today, and I would like to make one of them mission 1 of this here campaign.

Uh-Oh, sorry gotta go, have to get the big choppa out of the middle of the kitchen floor before she who must be obeyed sees this.... :-[
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #15 on: October 1, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »
"she who must be obeyed" translates to Gork AND Mork so bear with him

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: WotW Orktober: Fixin Da Krooza, Mission 1 now open!
« Reply #16 on: October 1, 2011, 01:06:05 PM »
OI! (buries big choppa into the floor boards) Wheres dis first mishin?

My humble apologies, I slept in (more then just a few hours more than usual.  Suppose its all the insomnia catching up with me).  Mission 1 is now up and running!

It won't exactly be a walk in the park.  But if you look through the Codex, you'll find certain units that will make the objective much easier.  I won't exactly say what, but in the end remember that if you get even 1 model across the board, you'd have done the WotW proud!  When posting your results, remember to tell us what army you fought, the point level, how many units you got off the table, and a memorable event or two.  In the event that you write a BatRep, be sure to post a link to it as well.

Good Luck on Mission 1 Boyz

Waaagh
~OD
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 01:19:30 PM by OD from TV »

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #17 on: October 2, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
Where is mission 1? I can't find it

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 2, 2011, 03:39:11 PM »
Where is mission 1? I can't find it
You can't?  Okay, I need to do some organizational changes to the thread.  But in the meantime its located here, at the top of post 3.  Terribly sorry that I didn't make that clear earlier on, this is my first attempt at running a full campaign by my lonesome self (although I have helped in the organization and creation of multiple campaigns), so I was bound to make some mistake.

Good Luck on Mission 1 everyone!

Peace
~OD

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »
I played the first mission, I wont give away how it went, but the report is half typed and I'll finish it tonight after work.