News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Re: WotW Orktober: Fixin Da Krooza, Mission 2 closing soon Mission 3 open!  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
Re: WotW Orktober: Fixin Da Krooza, Mission 1 now open!
« Reply #20 on: October 3, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
yeah, there's a 50/50 chance I have to face dark eldar on mission one.  so....pretty sure I know how this is going to go. lol

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #21 on: October 3, 2011, 01:40:24 PM »
Ok battle rep is up
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=217626.0

It's a long one, got a bit carried away, was a brilliant battle! This is my first itme using vassal to do pictures with a report, so I hope they're ok and not too small!

Good luck in your first games everyone.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 4, 2011, 01:00:28 AM »
Great Bat rep Log.  I think I'll count it as a Victory, seeing how in the scenario it was supposed to be 2 victory points for each unit that make it.  Which was possibly a mistake after reading your game.  (Next time I do this, I need to do more playtesting!)

So Log's got the first game in of the campaign, what about the rest of you lot?  Are you game enough to play the mission?

Peace
~OD

Post Script: Seeing how Log is a new member and a fresh member of the WotW (provided he gets past the probationary period) I am going to grant him 5 teef from my own stash as an extra congrats on being the first player with a submitted game and BatRep.  (You don't have to write a Bat Rep, but I it's nice to give other players a chance to read how you deal with the variable situations of gaming).
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #23 on: October 4, 2011, 08:09:59 AM »
Had a game today. Pictures came out crap so I won't be posting them.
1850 points vs tau. Made a couple of key mistakes and was very unlucky on one of my turns (out of charge range by a couple of millimeters) and ended up loosing. Got 2 units off the board, if the game could have had a turn 7 I would have gotten another 2, maybe 3 off the table and might have forced a draw.

Might do a full battle report tommorrow but it'll be pretty boring as all I did was run my army towards a rapid firing tau gunline.

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #24 on: October 4, 2011, 09:51:21 AM »
Cheers OD, glad you enjoyed it  ;D I think as long as everyone plays like orks and aims for a good messy fight then 2 per unit is fine.

and thanks very much for the teef, first step on my journey to buy a gargant!

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #25 on: October 4, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »
Guard, Tau, and DE were the armies I was expecting to be the hardest to face in this mission, so don't fret Axeblade.  I think each of us has had that devastating millimeters out of assault range pain, its rather irksome, especially when that slight miscalculation of range leads to a tipping point on the battle between who wins and who looses.  But Axeblade, remember you pulled off a moral victory after all, you successfully got 2 of your units off and running towards the generator.

yeah, there's a 50/50 chance I have to face dark eldar on mission one.  so....pretty sure I know how this is going to go. lol
I thought I had responded to this, and yet I don't see my comments.  Anyway, DE would be pretty interesting in this mission, although I may be a bit tainted as I've always had a thing for DE, even before the shiny new codex.  If I was going to be the DE defender (which lets face it is more of a rarity and oxymoron than 'military intelligence') I'd hope for a big points game, 1750+.  I know I'd take 3 Cronos, some Reavers, Grotesques (to go straight into large boyz mobs), and at least 1 shooty unit in a dual Splinter Cannon Vyper as mobile harassment of any infantry that gets within 12 inches of the board edge.

Er, wot am I thinking, I'ze a propa Ork, not a weedy dark pointy ear.  If you do play against DE with this scenario, hope that they don't take as soul crushing of a list as I am thinking.  To counter I'd actually make the rare suggestion of going footslogger.  One of DE's greatest strengths is Anti-Tank, and Dark Lance spam is fairly commonplace.  By increasing the amount of boyz on the field it offsets that advantage, although it does make you more susceptible to Raider assault drops.  Any way you slice it, DE would be crazy fun to play against in this mission.

and thanks very much for the teef, first step on my journey to buy a gargant!
It may be off topic, but is this what everyone is doing?  Ok I admit that maybe I'm a little hyper aware at the moment due to the fact that the heads of the WotW have been having a discussion of teef, but it seems that just about everybody (who has more than 1 toof) is just sitting on them.  The last toof bets that I can recall was about the big battle between AoD and Skeetergod, and the last time someone purchased Wargear was Feb or March.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #26 on: October 4, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »
I love the idea of toof bets, but I live nowhere near other members to get in a game... I'd happily bet on other peoples games though if two 40kO members were taking part.

I'm new to this though, maybe I'm missing a trick, are there other sorts of bets that have been made?

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #27 on: October 4, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »
Well...  Played my mission, then realized it was supposes to be DoW deployment...  Fortunately, I have a long weekend ahead of me so I can hopefully get in to play it the right way! lol

The good news it, I did win, but it got pretty hairy! lol

I'll post a BatRep when I do...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #28 on: October 4, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
I love the idea of toof bets, but I live nowhere near other members to get in a game... I'd happily bet on other peoples games though if two 40kO members were taking part.

I'm new to this though, maybe I'm missing a trick, are there other sorts of bets that have been made?

I didn't explain myself too well in the last post, my appologies.  The bets that I am referring to was somewhat of a special circumstance spectator event a couple months back.  AoD and Skeetergod live in the same state so they decided to meet up and have an apocalyptic battle of the bosses, if memory serves correct AoD was defending the honor of Dreadbash lists and Skeetergod was fighting for Speed Freaks.  Leading up to the game they asked the WotW community to submit missions, objectives, secret objectives, as well as a number of things to bet their teef on, such as how certain units would perform, who'd win, what objectives would be completed, etc.  It was a while ago so I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I think that's a fair assessment of that event.

Well...  Played my mission, then realized it was supposes to be DoW deployment...  Fortunately, I have a long weekend ahead of me so I can hopefully get in to play it the right way! lol

The good news it, I did win, but it got pretty hairy! lol

I'll post a BatRep when I do...

Don't worry about the deployment, little mistakes happen, the important part of course was having fun, and call me crazy, but I think you did.  I personally don't find much fun in games where I steamroll over an opponent, but when an opponent is fighting me tooth and nail, matching me blow for blow, that's always been the most memorable matches.  The close match is a hard thing to find, and it seems to be getting rarer, but that's probably just my perception.  I look forward to reading the Bat Rep when its ready, and unless you really want to replay mission 1 (instead of mission 2 which will be posted Fri night/Sat morning) I'll count this match for the campaign.

Peace
~OD

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #29 on: October 4, 2011, 09:40:29 PM »
Tell you what...  I'll probably just wait and get my second game in over the long weekend...

I was a good game...  The only thing that saved me was that I got two KP's for everything that got off the board and the fact that my whole army is mounted so all I really had to do is get within 18inches of the board and I was gone...  None of my BW's made it though...  Too slow!!!

Adam

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #30 on: October 6, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »
I've got a game for mission 1 this weekend against DE and he placed 20th at adepticon this year, should be fun as I play against him allot and know his style

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 7, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »
You got a tough nut to crack Ravyn good luck!!!

Remember everybody Mission 1 closes in about a week, and Mission 2 will be posted tommorrow.  If I'm still awake in 3 hours I'll post it at Midnight, but with this cold and a class I can't stand to miss (can't miss a test), we'll just have to see if I'll be up to that.

Peace and good luck with your games
~OD

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #32 on: October 7, 2011, 07:41:26 AM »
Well, I am getting my game in today, against nids... (insert dramatic da da da dummmm, music)

I will have the link for a batrep here as soon as I get done today, going for mission 1 (finally) as this weekend I have had other plans made for me; my sons ship is pulling into Mobile and she who must be obeyed wants me to make the two hour drive to go see him. (that means I have to drive to Mobile  :-\ )
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #33 on: October 7, 2011, 09:52:03 AM »
I second the "Good Luck" Ravyn...  The DE are going to be a tough opponent for the mission...  On theat thought, the Nidz are going to be tough too Skeeter...  Good luck to you both! lol

BTW...  Got my battle report posted...

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=217702.0

Adam
« Last Edit: October 7, 2011, 02:46:34 PM by adamscurr »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #34 on: October 7, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »
I went, I played, I drove off the board.

You can find the batrep of mission one HERE

My opponent took a close combat army when he should have taken a shooty army, I even told him the scenario before he made his list, however he is so used to needing more numbers when fighting orks that he took a real killer CC army, that had we been playing a regular KP fight he would have ate me for dinner. As it was I drove through and around him winning 24 to 2. (six trucks, 5 squads of boys, and the big mek made it off the board)

I am thinking that since I am such a fast army, that to be more fair, I should have played the game from short edge to short edge going the length of the board rather than the width. Also, I am going to have to show this batrep to anyone who complains that trucks never survive a battle  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: October 9, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
I got my mission 1 game planned for Tue.  I had to change up my list a lot to accomodate the mission.

In mission 2, do you need to control all 3 objectives at the end or contest them?  All 3 objectives are going to be really close together if I read that right.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #36 on: October 9, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »
I've got a game for mission 1 this weekend against DE and he placed 20th at adepticon this year, should be fun as I play against him allot and know his style
20th Place!  A lot higher than I placed, then again I didn't go, but even if I had I don't think I'd have gotten so high.  Good Luck Rayvn you are probably going to need it.

Adamscurr, Skeetergod I have noted both your batreps and they're on my reading list, I'll be going thru them just as soon as I finish writing another 2 pages of my report for Monday.

I got my mission 1 game planned for Tue.  I had to change up my list a lot to accomodate the mission.

In mission 2, do you need to control all 3 objectives at the end or contest them?  All 3 objectives are going to be really close together if I read that right.
Sorry about you having to change up your list a lot AoD, the first mission was really biased towards Speed Freaks (which I'm going to try and not do in the future).  Although I think Mission 2 is more heavily weighted towards heavy duty armies like the Dreadbash you usually use.
As for the Objectives, its like a regular objective game, try to control the most, and if at the end you and your opponent are contesting an equal amount then its a draw. 

With a great Terrain piece in the center (like a large multileveled building) the objectives have a great variety of placements within the 12" center circle.  Which is of course why I highly recommend (actually it should probably be a must) for there to be a great big terrain piece in the center.  While it is theoretically possible to position a mob of 30 boyz in such a manner to claim each objective in that 12" circle, how often does a mob survive at full strength.  Again I repeat that you really want there to be a great big terrain piece in the center, and I don't mean to harp on it, but it will make the game more enjoyable, difficult, and give your opponent more of a strategic ability to place objectives in harder to reach locations.

Oh yeah, forgot to make the announcement that Mission 2's rules are up, sorry about that.  I didn't realize just how busy Oct was going to be scholastically, so I'm running a little everywhere at the moment.

Peace
~OD

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #37 on: October 9, 2011, 09:19:52 PM »
Awesome...  I have plans to try this one tomorrow...  I'm at my house though, so no large terrain, except I think I will use the Mighty Mangelr as terrain...  Why not...  I can write it in my story that they are going to loot the generator form an old blow out Gargant! lol...  Pics and a battle report incoming after I play on the morrow...

Adam

Edit:  Didn't use the Mangler after all...  It was too huge and blocked LOS to about half the table...  Ended up with a draw...  Great game...  batrep incoming...

Adam
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:37:50 PM by adamscurr »

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »
Lost my game against the DE. I'll write up the bat rep in a few, no pics as my batteries were dead sadly. But he tabled me, he was just too frikking fast to get away from
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:14:44 PM by Rayvn70 »

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 01:01:54 AM »
Battle report up and ready to view.  Full of pics and some pretty cool scenery (very mountainy) It definately made for an interesting game as it limited where my vehicles could travel.   I guess this is why I am dreadbash Warboss rather than a KoS one.   

Either way orks won but it was a really fun match.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=217786.0

Oh and as a side note I got a killer deal on some Dark Eldar stuff a guy was selling....
3 raiders, 2 ravagers (all new edition and NIB) he bought up but lost interest...   all for...
$65.   That was too good of a deal even for this warboss to pass up.