News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ulfhedinn's Eldar Army -[Update: Army is assembled! Converted Wraithlords ^.^]  (Read 20380 times)

Offline cyrax89

Wooo !!

My long awaited package has arrived  ;D Watching the mail for a week can get pretty tiring !  ::)

Below is the source of all my excitement:

(Image removed from quote.)

1 Eldar Army Deal and 2x Fire Prisms. I love ebay !!! I managed to get them for 40% of retail as apparently people didn't want to bid on Eldar  ;D

If you ever wanted to see the obscene amount of plastic sprues that come in the box ~ here is your chance ! ( dang - more mold lines  ;) )

Update on painting : Managed to knock out the basecoat colours for the armour, weapons and white areas on the models in an assembly line fashion. The colours help me get a feel of what the model is going to look like in the end as i find just doing say all the armour finished and highlighted with no other colours to be a poor indication of how far the highlight needs to go.

Really hoping to complete these 2 squads so i actually have something presentable  :D

Then i will go back to the Fire Dragons and finish them off as well.

Thats all for now,

-Ulfhedinn-

Yeah im finding the same thing. Bought a nice batch of Eldar stuff for like 70.00
"If your battle plan's working, it's probably a trap."
- Kolton Phae, On Military Matters, 739 M41

Offline -Φ Ulfhedinn Φ- Servant of the Lord of Dark Delights

• Juggernaught of Fornication
That autarch conversion looks incredible, just amazing! I think I'm gonna steal that idea :p

Haha thanks  :D ~  It is still a WIP and tomorrow will have another release of a prototype. I think the one to be released is considerably better.

I'm actually a little upset that they moved this to the Project's board!

I hope it still gets a lot of attention, because the work here is really well done. I mean, in the Project's board it might not reel in a lot of new viewers. And that would kind of be a shame. 

Over 1000 reads btw. =)

Yeah, well originally it started as a painting thread but i kind of got side tracked a little and started posting conversion i had completed.

When i commence painting once again with new test models i will just have 1 post will all the test models showing what i did to create them and put them alone in the painting forum. That way i get to blab on in here and in the painting forum people can get the quick tips without sifting through updates.  ;D

Hooray for 1k views  :D

just a question of your Fire Dragon...

where you have laid out the paint colours and ratio for the Fire Dragon Armor, when you did each successive layer, did u completely paint over the layer below, or did you leave thin lines of to make a layering type effect?  Did u wait for each layer to dry before applying the next, or did you wet blend?

Thanks

Depends on the weather really ~ it is really hot and dry here in Queensland Australia so ~ typically i prefer to wetblend but honestly i will go around the whole model in a layering technique and slowly move to the outer edges with successive highlights. If i focusing on one particular area : ie ~ colour progression on the Fire Dragon helm, then i (did and prefer ) to wet blend.

Layering is the cheap and easy tabletop illusion of true or wet blending.

Hope this helped  ;D

Anyway ~ so for an update.... here it is minus the jetbike council o' doom which is still a WIP (10 plus Autarch ) and the Forgeworld Avatar with spear ( omg at shipping times )

-Ulfhedinn's Eldar Army  :D

This is what i will be painting as i go along. It seems like a mammoth task ! But it will all be posted on here  ;D

Oh and it is all undercoated now hehe

*dizzy from the fumes*

-Ulfhedinn-
"The very touch of our god's breath overwhelms mortal senses with the scent of delight... the slightest purr of our god's voice is enough to stimulate the senses into eternal and blissful oblivion. To the followers of Slaanesh the mortal world is grey and insipid compared to the sensual paradise that is the master's affection."

Offline Jakinder

• Get on my horse.
I would just like to say, I wish I started buying my models off eBay from the beginning. So cheap!
I love this thread! My life clings to it dearly! Beautiful army you have going on.
I lurk here so much.

Offline Havoq

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
You are an inspiration for me to actively starting to paint and collect my iyanden army.
Thanks for that, I'm keeping a close eye on this thread.

Offline War-Midget

• Cold Exile
Damn it Jaeger, who you going to play this army against anyway? Tommy? Lol :D Anyway m8 cheers for the shout out... And to be fair Im quite impressed, and only partially with the skill more with your staying power. I would have thought you might have been sidetracked into statring something new like I dunno D3? :p Anyway keep up the good work you spawncamper :D You get to paint and play 40k and I get to play gridiron on astro-turf in the sleet.. not fun :(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:24:39 PM by War-Midget »

Offline -Φ Ulfhedinn Φ- Servant of the Lord of Dark Delights

• Juggernaught of Fornication
Thanks for all the comments guys !  :D

I'll reply more directly when i get a bit more time hehe.

Here is a super quick update as the time to hand in and have this painted is tomorrow ! So all the greenstuff work here was done in 1 day  ::)

This is my first time using greenstuff like this and also a conversion on this scale, usually I'm just posing and filling gaps. So this is new to me on all fronts.

Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out and if not.. too bad ! There's no time left.

One thing i have left to do is to do another canopy shield and make all the lines and transitions smoother so that will take another few hours.

So now i have to paint it  ??? and i really don't have a colour scheme so i suppose ill see what i come up with. A write up on this project will be later cause i barely have time as it is to post this hehe.

So here are a few pics  ;D

C&C welcomed as always  :D

and a few comparison shots

That's all for now ~

-Ulfhedinn-
"The very touch of our god's breath overwhelms mortal senses with the scent of delight... the slightest purr of our god's voice is enough to stimulate the senses into eternal and blissful oblivion. To the followers of Slaanesh the mortal world is grey and insipid compared to the sensual paradise that is the master's affection."

Offline Banik

• 5th Ed Record: W15-L3-D3
re: Jetbikes (again)

I like the balance that the additional cowling on the rear added. Are there any nozzels back there/could we get a pic up under the cowl? (That sounds slightly dirty, for some reason...).

Also, what'd you use for the rider bits, if you don't mind me asking? I'm getting ready to delve in to a couple windrider hosts and need to figure out some good general conversions to make things look unique.

I'm liking what you did with the model.
Resident Calculator of Probability, as bestowed by The Reborn.

Fine wine, like fine blades, should be applied sparingly.

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
omg amazing jetbike conversion, I love the greenstuff work on it.

This, eldar army will surely look amazing when it's completely done.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
great jet bike conversion, how did you cut out some of the greenstuff?
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
  • Don't botha me! I'm workin' on sumfin'!
Hi all,

-Ulfhedinn here-

I was unable to log on that account as it is rather ancient. Just a note to say that I am back now ( after a huge leave of absence ). I have sold that army and gone through two more since then !!!

Currently looking at the new range of Dark Eldar mini's so with any luck and if you like my painting style ( has improved quite a lot since then ) please look me up.

Furthermore, I know it has been years but if anyone was looking for answers to their questions please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Daoshi

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Very very nice models. Ill be keep an eye on your project. Thanks for sharing
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
Oh, this is an ancient thread Cavalier,

I was just replying to see if anyone was still around.

Anyway, here is how they turned out ( old photos as well )

The greenstuff was really chunky and rough back then. My work has gotten a lot better since those 3 years have passed.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-

Offline Havoq

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
any new pics????

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
For any and all who were interested in this blog for the painting, conversion or otherwise,

Please find my new work here: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=219479.0

As I can no longer retrieve this account.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-