News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1k Wych Cult (Updadted)  (Read 2621 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Re: 1k/2k WWP Wych Cult
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 03:33:19 PM »
first off i think you are getting scourges (the HS guys with wings) mixed up with grotesques (the E guys that have been badly tortured), which i cant use in a wych cult anyway

as for the kabalish army well that was suggested by lomendi (the FoFing warriors part anyway) as raiders are way to vulnerable, amssed raiders may ahve less to worry abotu but you can still loose a lot of your army

i origionaly planned to use lelith but wanted what the consnsus on archites on jetbieks was, didnt realise they lost their dodge save, althoguh it does seem like common sense now i think of it

i like reavers and hellions, how effective are they in a wych cult?

2nd list was abismal, looking back i dotn know why i did it now, oh well back to the drawing board for both lists then...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 03:39:03 PM by Makenshi (Formerly silverburner) »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 06:52:09 PM »
Try this for 2000pts

Starting on the board

Archite - Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Combat Drugs, Animus Vitae, Shadow Field, Haywire Grenades, Gruesome Talisman

Dracite - Agonizer, Splinter Pistol, Combat Drugs, Hell Mask, Webway Portal

Warriors (17) - 2x Splinter Cannon, 2x Blaster, Sybarite with Webway Portal

Warriors (10) - 2x Dark Lance

Warriors (10) - 2x Dark Lance

Warp Beasts (5+Beastmaster)

In the Webway

Wyches (10) - Wych Weapons, 2x Blaster, Succubus with Agonizer, Raider with Horrorfex and Trophy Racks

Wyches (10) - Wych Weapons, 2x Blaster, Succubus with Agonizer, Raider with Horrorfex

Wyches (10) - Wych Weapons, 2x Blaster, Succubus with Agonizer, Raider with Horrorfex

Ravager - 3x Disintegrator

The Dracite is more pricey than the Kabal Haemonculus option, but the Dracite will also be more useful on the turn the Portals open than a Haemonculus would. With a charge range of 18+d6", the Dracite can rush into an assault along with the units emerging from the Portal - as can any surviving Warp Beasts, and the Archite (assuming they aren't already chewing up nearby enemy units).

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 06:54:34 PM by Lomendil »

Offline rogueviper

• The Last Canadian Pirate!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 02:46:28 PM »
Sorry CrimsonShadow but I haven't the faintest what your argument is. It would appear that you mistook Scrouges for Grotesques. And my reference to DARTING reaver jetbikes forward as scrouges. I also defend my right to use creative vocabulary whenever I see fit!  ;D. Lomendil I'm curious as to where you planned to put the HQ options in your army? What squads are going to be attached to the HQs?

Cheers

Mitch
Teamwork is necessary. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2005, 02:51:07 PM »
Sorry CrimsonShadow but I haven't the faintest what your argument is. It would appear that you mistook Scrouges for Grotesques. And my reference to DARTING reaver jetbikes forward as scrouges. I also defend my right to use creative vocabulary whenever I see fit!  ;D. Lomendil I'm curious as to where you planned to put the HQ options in your army? What squads are going to be attached to the HQs?

Cheers

Mitch

ICs dont have to be with squads, being within 6" is sufficient enough to keep them from being picked out

lists should be up tomorrow, not sure if it'll be 1k, 2k or both but im going to try to consider everyones advice

2 qs

1. are characters with WWPs a waste?

2. a reavers/hellions useful?

thansk to all that have/do reply ;D
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2005, 06:45:15 PM »
. Lomendil I'm curious as to where you planned to put the HQ options in your army? What squads are going to be attached to the HQs?

As shown, the HQs are footsloggers that start on the board and they don't join a unit at all - they go solo. Warp Beasts and Warriors stop them from being shot at if they are within 6", the Wych Lords are ICs of course.

The reason they don't have a jetbike or skyboard is because they don't need them, also the Dracite is not able to carry a WWP if mounted. With Combat Drugs, they can charge a target 18+d6" away, and foot-slogging is plenty fast enough to keep up with the Warriors and Warp Beasts who provide shelter.

The Archite provides early-game hitting power, the Dracite is a safe deployer of the WWP who is also useful once the Portal is open.

2 qs

1. are characters with WWPs a waste?

2. a reavers/hellions useful?

thansk to all that have/do reply ;D

1. Characters with WWPs can be a waste, but it all depends on what type they are.  Haemonculi are safer than Sybarites because they can't be harmed as easily, a cheapish Dracite is the only similar option for a Wych Cult. Archites and Archons are not the best choices because they are so powerful, you don't want to waste their power by having them stand around. Haemonculi and Dracites are cheaper and less powerful, so you don't lose much by having them deploy Portals. Plus, as I pointed out, a Dracite has a huge reach with Combat Drugs so can join the fray along with the squads coming from the Webway, she isn't wasted at all. 

2. Yes.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Revised 1k Wych Cult List
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 10:46:10 AM »
ok, the list has been revised once more and here it is...

(On The Field)

=HQ=
1 Archite
Agoniser
Splinter Pistol
Hell Mask
Shadow Field
=121pts

=E=
(x2) 10 Warriors
2 Splinter Cannons
2 Blasters
Sybarite w/ Web Way portal
=336pts(168/squad)

(x2) 3 Warp Beats/Beast Master
=102pts(51/squad)

(In The Web Way)

=T=
(x2) 9 Wyches
Wych Weapons
Succubus w/ Agoniser
Raider w/ Horrofex & Slave Snares
=440pts(220/squad)

=Total=
=999pts

so what do you think?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 10:48:27 AM by Makenshi »

Offline CrimsonShadow

• Cheerleader!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lord Captain Cheerleader of DOOM!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 04:50:43 PM »
I didn't say anything about grots being on the "not able to use" list.  I said HAEMY's, and I also said not to quote me because I wasn't sure on that point.  My point about the grots, was that they need to be LED by an IC to move, so if you can't field a haemy to lead em, then you might as well drop em.  Not sure where the 6 inches needed to target an IC came into that arguement either.  The scourges darting comment I completely retract.  It was early, and I was thinking grots, not scourges.   ;D  It's GROTS which never dart, so sorry rogueviper.  I guess you could sorta say scourges dart, as they move better than grots, but they are such an overpriced, underpowered unit, that I never use them.  Sure the splinter cannon scourges are okay against low T armies like Orks, but I play marines way too often to make them a staple of any of my regular army lists.  Lomendil's 2000 point list is a good one.  You still aren't listening to my point that you shouldn't put wych cults and WWP's together at 1000 points, but c'est la vie.  I think if you are absolutely SET on it, then the list you came up with is fine.  Good luck.

That is all.

CrimsonShadow
"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."
~ Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We are not human beings.  We are human doings.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 10:07:03 AM »
grotesques, haemonculus and talos' are all unusable by a wych cult

as for ignoreing you i didnt mean it to seem liek that but id rather keep a general theme to the army

for my 2k list i thoguth of maybe having some large units of foot slogging wyches as well as raider wyches and reavers and/or hellions, is it a good ideal to use reavers to deploy WWP?

Offline CrimsonShadow

• Cheerleader!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lord Captain Cheerleader of DOOM!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 01:58:40 PM »
It would be if you could do it.   ;D  Sorry, you can't deploy a portal from a jetbike or skyboard.  You CAN deploy it from a raider, but we've already been over the 4th edition cons to doing so.  Your theme is umm...WYCH CULT!   ;)  You don't need a WWP for that.  Now at higher points games like your 2000 point list, that's fine.  I was just saying drop the 1000 point WWP.  That's too many points to sink into portals, when wyches cost so much.  I never take a portal in less the 1850, and that's a Kabal.  With a cult I might even consider 2000 to be my bottom line.  Not sure, I'd have to try to crunch a list.  Just keep in mind, that the sole reason for playing a wych cult, is that with wyches as your troop choices, you get to field LOTS OF WYCHES!!  The best wych cult is the simple wych cult.  Lord, drachite w/retinue, and LOT'S OF WYCHES.  Okay, a few warpbeasts IF you find the points to throw them in.   :D 

That is all.

CrimsonShadow
"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."
~ Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We are not human beings.  We are human doings.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 02:08:34 PM »
hmmm, ok then, ill change it again for a 'raider rush' (i love alliteration ;D) 1k list and leave the WWP to my 2k one

thnaks for your help ;D

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
New 1k Wych List
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 10:43:01 AM »
ok, this is hopefully the last revision of my 1k list

=HQ=
1 Archite
Agoniser
Splinter Pistol
Hell Mask
Shadow Field
Combat Drugs
Plasma Grenades
Gruesome Talismen
=150pts

6 Wyches
Wych Weapons
2 Blasters
Succubus w/ Agoniser
=191pts

=T=
(x2) 7 Wyches
Wych Weapons
2 Blasters
Succubus w/ Agoniser
=408pts(204/squad)

=HS=
(x2) Raider
3 Disintergrators
Horrofex
=250pts (125/Vehicle)

=Total=
=999pts

so what do you think?

EDIT- thank you all for your help but its seemed aparent that i dont ahve the money to get any new models for a while, let alone a whole new army so all i'll be getting it codexes when they comne out (i have all but the ork and cityfight one at the mo anyway) and possibly the fantasy rulebook, always wnated to have a look at fantasy

thanks again for your help ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:29:05 PM by Makenshi, The White Cloud »