News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 pt ork list (with codex now! :)  (Read 2677 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
2000 pt ork list (with codex now! :)
« on: July 7, 2017, 10:14:29 AM »
So here is my current list I'm considering... I know Skeet, it has no trukks...  :)

My thinking is playing to orks strengths, which I'm happy to say is boyz, and a lot of them... Plus, I needed some more AT than last time and I think it comes in the forms of lots of rokkits...

Here it is...

Ork Battalion (1998 points)

Fast Stuff (I know death stars are not it, but I really like this unit... We'll see how it goes)
* Biker Boss, PK, Kustom Shoota, Attack Squig
* Bik Mek, Skorcha, KFF (this will give my nobz some protection from shooting)
* Painboy on bike (will help get back wounds and prevent them...Hope he doesn't kill anyone :)
* 8 biker nobz, 3 pk, 3 bc

Kinda Fast stuff
* 20 slugga choppa boyz, BC Nob
-- Battle Wagon, deff rolla, ard case
* 20 slugga choppa boyz, BC Nob
-- Battle Wagon, deff rolla, ard case (My plan was to get these guys into CC as quickly as possible with the deff rollas. Basically these will drive right at the bad guys, soaking up fire and tying up units and creating mayhem while the boyz move. plus the ard case makes it pretty tough...)

Slow stuff
* 30 Shoota Boyz, 3 rokkits, BC Nob w/kombirokkit
* 30 Shoota Boyz, 3 rokkits, BC Nob w/kombirokkit
* Painboy
* Nob w/ Waaagh Banna (so basically this is the mass, moving up, shooting, assaulting. I want to keep the boyz in range of the painboy and the nob for the obvious benefits. These units will give me some staying power later in the game, which I noticed that trukks did not...)

Let me know...

Adam

« Last Edit: July 7, 2017, 01:23:51 PM by adamscurr »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: 2000 pt ork list (with codex now! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
Something my 'dar opponent and I have been doing is power level lists. Adds a bit more freedom in kit and whatnot. We have been aiming for the perfect 100 point power level list. (since that is the recommended power level in the book)

Your list looks good, a bit of rolling thunder and some bikers keeps the speed freak alive, and will have some fast stuff to krump with. Can't wait to hear how it does in battle.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2017, 11:56:43 AM »
I like the list now. Decent amount of AT, and should give some decent threats from the twin battlewagons. With 10 Drops at 2k - decent chance of going first too.

Let us know how it plays!
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2017, 03:37:31 PM »
Thanks guys... I think this one should be fun... I'll get to my store hopefully soon and find someone to take on... Plus Skeet... This might be hard to digest, but I play Evil Sunz, not Speed Freaks... We're more about bikes than trukks... :) I'm sorry... I hope this doesn't cause a rift in our friendship... :)

I'm most excited about the biker nobz... Something interesting I noticed point-wise is that they are about 100 points cheaper than they used to be and the biker boss is also cheaper... Of course I had to add the big mek for the kff and he pretty much made the unit cost the same... But... Check this out...

The total shooting output if the unit is:

66 dakka gun shots
4 kustom shoota shots
d6 Skorcha hits
8 slugga shots

Even at ork BS, it is going to make some noise and punch through some enemies... Not to mention, the assault afterwards is devastating...

I expect this unit to get a lot of attention because it is the biggest and scariest thing on the field... What I'm hoping is that between the mad doc and the kff, it has survivability... I'm banking on the 3 wounds and high toughness to carry the day... Plus, if they are shooting at the bikes, they are ignoring the literally 100 boyz coming right at them (yes, the list has 100, it's a nice round three digit number).

I'm looking forward to it... I included the two units of 30 boyz for their usefulness in the later game as well as the psychological factor... People panic when they see so many models on the board and they make mistakes...

I will have to go into my bin of boyz (I keep the lads in the bin rather than individually) and start reattaching arms and such... Plus, gotta make sure I have enough painted... I need at least 80 to field the list right... I probably have 100 painted but not sure about that... :)

Adam

Added: So I have 64 boys, 6 rokkit launchers, and 20 ard boyz which have now become normal boyz... Thats good for running this list in casual play... But will need to add some boyz it would seem if I take it to comp... :)
« Last Edit: July 8, 2017, 04:32:06 PM by adamscurr »

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
Yeah, bikers are really great. They can put out a lot of dakka!

One thing to note though, you can't shoot a slugga along with your other weapons. Why? Because the slugga is a Pistol. When a model shoots, it can either shoot all Pistols, or all non-Pistols. Therefore, you can either fire your dakkaguns etc, OR your slugga, your choice. (hint: fire the dakkaguns unless you are locked in assault)
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2017, 05:19:16 PM »
Got ya... The pistol was not that exciting anyhow... :)

On another note... I slapped this fellow together to be my nob with waaagh banna...  Turned out ok I think...

I like thought of him wipping the boyz and getting a stampede going! lol

Adam
« Last Edit: July 8, 2017, 05:23:28 PM by adamscurr »